Had Rousey run into Nunes, Holm, Valentina in her 2-3rd fight..would we know her name?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Had Rousey run into Valentina, Nunes, Holm, (women who can punch a little bit) in her 2nd or 3rd fight, do you think she would have retired after those beatings? Would we know her name? Or do you think she would have stuck around, went on a arm bar win streak and would still have become a household name because of her fast victories?

Damn good question.
She probably would have quit after Holm, straight away

what's point? there's no WMMA in UFC without Rousey, there's no Nunes, Holm, Shevchenko in UFC, without what Ronda did in Strikeforce and later in UFC

She'd have probably beat any of those three in her 3rd fight, like she was beating everybody, by bltizing them with superior athleticism and using her judo.

I think there was something that went missing after she got super famous.

I feel like younger Rousey would've beat them too.

If they did beat her though... I think it would've been much easier for her to accept & make a come back.

By the time she became this icon & got super famous though, she started believing in her own hype & so waz absolutely crushed when she finally got beat.

would we know holm's name?

rousey had a great run, no matter how much people hate her

I think there was something that went missing after she got super famous.

I feel like younger Rousey would've beat them too.

If they did beat her though... I think it would've been much easier for her to accept & make a come back.

By the time she became this icon & got super famous though, she started believing in her own hype & so waz absolutely crushed when she finally got beat.

She also might have realized she needed a better coach/camp.

Rousey never lost a fight pre USADA, just putting that out there.

She very well could have won those fights, as her opponents would have likely underestimated just how deadly her clinch game and ground game were, and her confidence would have still been sky high.

what's point? there's no WMMA in UFC without Rousey, there's no Nunes, Holm, Shevchenko in UFC, without what Ronda did in Strikeforce and later in UFC
Ronda didn't did do anything amazing. She's famous because shes kinda pretty, and Dana had a hard on for her. If Gina Carano hadn't lost to Cyborg, she would have been the chosen one.

In 2011, Nunes lost to Sarah D'Alelio via decision
In 2011, Ronda beat Sarah D'Alelio in 25 seconds

In 2011, Nunes lost to Alexis Davis via TKO
In 2014, Ronda beat Alexis Davis in 14 seconds

Holm was obviously a great boxer in 2011, but that's when she first started fighting in MMA. it's safe to say her takedown Defense wasn't what it was when her and Ronda actually fought. I'd give Ronda the edge in 2011. Holly's striking was light years ahead of Rondas. But they didn't have 12 fights to study and prepare for Ronda at that point. I think Ronda would have gotten her down and subbed her. From 2011 to 2015 - Holly got much better at stopping the takedown, grappling, and just evolved more as a MMA fighter. Where as Ronda fell in love with her striking, and never really evolved as a fighter.

I think Valentina beats Ronda that early in Rondas career.

Lol wats the point of putting any of that . Ts just asked a simple question of if she would be as popular . Or if we would know her name.
The whole , they wouldn't be anyone without her has nothing to do with that question . Just you trying white night for Rhonda before some post the gif of Holly koing her.

I do think she would have kept fighting , I think she would have become a better fighter if she lost early ,the whole beating chicks fast messed up her mental game. Made her believe she was on another planet talent wise, so when adversity came she didn't know how to react hence visicous kos to holly and Nunes .

In 2011, Nunes lost to Sarah D'Alelio via decision
In 2011, Ronda beat Sarah D'Alelio in 25 seconds

In 2011, Nunes lost to Alexis Davis via TKO
In 2014, Ronda beat Alexis Davis in 14 seconds

Holm was obviously a great boxer in 2011, but that's when she first started fighting in MMA. it's safe to say her takedown Defense wasn't what it was when her and Ronda actually fought. I'd give Ronda the edge in 2011. Holly's striking was light years ahead of Rondas. But they didn't have 12 fights to study and prepare for Ronda at that point. I think Ronda would have gotten her down and subbed her. From 2011 to 2015 - Holly got much better at stopping the takedown, grappling, and just evolved more as a MMA fighter. Where as Ronda fell in love with her striking, and never really evolved as a fighter.

I think Valentina beats Ronda that early in Rondas career.

I don't think he meant those fighters at their 2011 level, but basically if she got beat up early in her career.

I think she would have become a better fighter if she lost early ,the whole beating chicks fast messed up her mental game. Made her believe she was on another planet talent wise, so when adversity came she didn't know how to react hence visicous kos to holly and Nunes .

I think she lost the Holly fight before the fight began
The lead up to the fight she seemed different & that BS at the weigh-ins proved it.

Maybe the outside distractions were getting to her?

I don't think he meant those fighters at their 2011 level, but basically if she got beat up early in her career.
Kind of a stupid thread then. "If the best 135ers currently go back in time 6 years and take turns beating the shit out of someone with 1-2 pro fights, would we know her name?"

No probably not.

Ronda didn't did do anything amazing. She's famous because shes kinda pretty, and Dana had a hard on for her. If Gina Carano hadn't lost to Cyborg, she would have been the chosen one.
In your opinion, in my opinion she did.

Rousey never lost a fight pre USADA, just putting that out there.
It could very well be the reason... but she did land a brutal KO against Bethe in her first fight after USADA. That said, I understand they didn't roll out the entire program the month before when USADA started... so perhaps there waz still some advantage she wasn't being tested under.

It is interesting to go back & look at number of people who were tearing up their divisions, but started going downhill after July 2015.

She would have quit like she does with everything when it becomes too hard. She is borderline retarded and can't handle not being the best/center of attention. She had a year off after the Holm beat down, tried to fake a Rocky back-to-basics training camp, and she learned...basically...nothing.

Back