Habib's father talks about Kevin Lee and praises Tony (November 19)

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score
Speaking to the Russian newspaper Izvestia
a rough translation of what the elder Nurmagomedov had to say about these lightweights

Tony Ferguson:

“The fight with Ferguson is interesting from a sports point of view, as this fighter rightfully takes his place. Tony’s level reflects well his winning streak of 11 fights.

Kevin Lee:

“Kevin Lee – fighter for 1-2 rounds, his fight with Ferguson showed it. An insurmountable obstacle in Lee’s career is a duel with the same Islam Makhachev. I think it’s not easy for Kevin against Al Iaquinta, with whom he has already met and lost. This could happen again, so in his place, I would concentrate on preparing for the battle with Iaquinta, and not on the talks about Khabib.”

This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 11/19/2018

Man that old dusty ass mofo sure gotta lot to say about everything.

Wow. Read this before. Did not think how right he was until I saw the fight. He is right in every aspect about Lee. He was talking about Khabib when he couldnt go through Al and again, not to underrate Al coz the guy is Conor/Dustin status if not better

Even if Al looses to Conor or Dustin, he is still a fight material and match up for them.

He's a legit great trainer of wrestling, sambo and MMA.

I'd prefer to listen what HE has to say than about your opinion, even though you masturbate on sherdog for 7 years in a row

Last edited:
Wth? He was asked. He is a coach to many fighters, including PLF and coach to One of the GOAT in LW Khabib.

Especially in Russia. Khabib could not even answer what car he likes the most because he said he is getting offers for endorsements and does not want to upset potential competitors.

This was in Samara 2 days ago. You must understand, Khabib and His Dad are and were known figures before UFC, especially his Dad.

His analysis of Kevin Lee is spot on. Khabib Sr. has immense fight IQ.

Correct me if Im wrong, but his predictions and technical analysations were always on point. I think Khabibs best gift is not his talent or his discipline, it really is his father.

Correct me if Im wrong, but his predictions and technical analysations were always on point. I think Khabibs best gift is not his talent or his discipline, it really is his father.
Yup Khabib has been bred to fight. And that alone is the reason he'll retire Undefeated.

wow lol he basically predicted the outcome of the fight with 'fighter for 1-2 rounds'. didn't think lee's cardio was that bad until i saw how gassed he was after the 3rd, good analysis by papa bear

pretty sure by now, everyone knows not to underestimate ragin' al

Khabib has the GOAT father
The guy made his son into an absolute killing machine

I realized how good Al was when he fought Masvidal. Funny that now only most are catching up.

Yup Khabib has been bred to fight. And that alone is the reason he'll retire Undefeated.

This is what people dont get. Khabib is not comparable to anybody, the guy is bred to fight and it seems he lives and breathes fighting. He is a special talent and he has the potential to go undefeated GOAT of mma.

Damn Abdulmanap's prediction on the Lee-Al fight was spot on. He's genuinely one of the best MMA minds in the game.

This is called a coach

In contrast to Rhonda Rousey hiring that Edmond Travaritan or whatever that pedophile's name is. How far did she go?

Abdulmanap always talks shit for the Russian media.
Yeah? And Lee happens to go fight Al, gas out in 2nd round and then be as effective as Artem in 3,4 and 5, coinciding exactly to what Abdulmanap said-he is a 2 round fighter

I would actually disagree with Khabib;s Dad, Kevin lee is 0 round fighter. Al got him pierced in 1st round and Lee did nothing

Abdulnap also thinks Islam can take Tony.

Listen to this man.

He's a prophet.

This is called a coach

In contrast to Rhonda Rousey hiring that Edmond Travaritan or whatever that pedophile's name is. How far did she go?
Sure he is a coach but also a father who raised him since day 1 and instructed strict discipline on his son 24/7, with secret spies (other training partners who snitch on Khabib if he does something wrong).

A LOT of people here praising Seniors fight analysis and IQ... So perhaps you should listen to the man when he says he believes Khabib (with proper time and training) can beat Mayweather and stop assuming it’s just a money grab.

I like Khabib’s chances better than I liked Conor’s.

Back