Gym idiots

There is this guy at my gym that will get in a squat rack and dead lift for over an hour. Except I've never actually seen him dead lift. Now he's a stocky guy and you can tell he lifts but I've yet to see him do anything. He will load a bunch of plates on the bar and start stretching. After he stretches he will get his feet set in front of the bar, reach down and grab the bar and get into the correct dead lift form. Then he will let go of the bar, stand back up and start shadow boxing. Then he will go sit down on a bench and rest. Then he goes back and gets into dead lift form again. Then he stands back up and starts using the bar to stretch his calves. Then he goes and gets a drink at the fountain. Comes back and sits down on the bench again. Then he stands up and starts doing arm circles. Then he reaches down and gets into dead lift formation. Then he stands back up, plays with his phone and goes into the locker room. Comes back out and starts doing squats with no weight, right in front of his loaded bar. Then he sat down again. At that point I just gave up and skipped trying to get a rack that day.

Normally I wouldn't pay this much attention but I was warming up on the stair stepper while waiting for a rack to open up. I never personally saw the guy do a rep for the hour I was there. I've seen him in there one other time doing what seemed like the same thing but I didn't pay any attention since I didn't need a rack. He doesn't seem like a bro type or like he wants attention. He's just in his own little world the entire time.

Uh oh...where are you from? Lol that sounds like it could have been me

I saw a guy doing plate up right rows in front of the mirror in the squat rack station today. Then as usual of have to deadlift on a random space on the floor because of the powerlifting stations are taken. Because the powerlifters think they own the place and take 15 minute breaks between sets to ''rest'' and chat.

One day i will have my own shit in a nice basement or garage all to myself.

Ahh...idiots. Usually, I ignore these little butt-munching twinks and leave them to their own goddamn devices with their stupid trendy bullshit exercises.

That is, unless, they're bothering me directly.

This one stupidass asked me in between my squat sets if he can use the pullup bars on my squat rack.

Of course, I said. I let him do his thing.

And then he came back one more time just before my last and heaviest set. What a fucking dink.

So, I'm done with my set, and dumbass came up to me again to ask for a spot.

"Spot on what?" I asked. Be more specific.

"Bench," he said.

Okay, so I walked over to his bench. He's got a 45 and a dime slapped onto the sides of the barbell. 155 lbs. Okay. He's going for 10 reps. Okay. No takeoff needed. Okay.

He did these half rom reps, and I'm telling him to go lower. Nope, still some more half rom benches. No, he wasn't doing the JM Press or some accessory type of bullshit. He was "benching."

Dumbass struggled to get up on the 7th rep. I upright rowed the bar with one arm and tried to rack it.

"No, no, no! One more!"

God fucking damn it.

He struggles again on the 8th rep. The bar is pressed against his chest, and he's looking at me with helplessness and desperation written all over his ugly mug.

"I think this weight is too heavy for you, you clown," I say, as his face was turning a shade of red darker after every passing second.

I upright row the bar again and rack it.

"Get the fuck away from me. I don't ever want to see you again. That was pathetic."

"Get the fuck away from me. I don't ever want to see you again. That was pathetic."

Wow, that's a bit harsh isn't it? Disturbing you on the squat rack like that is very annoying but the benching thing is something thousands of people are doing every day.

Wow, that's a bit harsh isn't it? Disturbing you on the squat rack like that is very annoying but the benching thing is something thousands of people are doing every day.

Yeah, I know. It was one of those bad days at the gym, and I was feeling a little angrier than usual.

As long as you accept that you were the "gym idiot" there.

Uh, fuck no. Dumbass. You can shut the hell up.

I stand by what I said. Idiots like him are nuisances in general, and their purpose in the gym is to fart around, not re-rack their weights, abuse the equipments with silly stupid gimmicky movements, and some other bullshit.

I don't regret disclosing any of this.

Uh, fuck no. Dumbass. You can shut the hell up.

I stand by what I said. Idiots like him are nuisances in general, and their purpose in the gym is to fart around, not re-rack their weights, abuse the equipments with silly stupid gimmicky movements, and some other bullshit.

I don't regret disclosing any of this.

From the sounds of it, you lost your head over someone doing quarter reps on the bench press and being a nuisance to you.

Sounds like a "gym idiot" to me.

From the sounds of it, you lost your head over someone doing quarter reps on the bench press and being a nuisance to you.

Sounds like a "gym idiot" to me.

And you're still a dumbass for not "getting it."

Like I'm going to waste my energy upright rowing a bar just to stroke some imbecile's ego?

Right. You so don't get it.

Dumbass.

By the way, I lost my head because I couldn't hit my squat target that day. Way to make assumptions, dumbass.

Ahh...idiots. Usually, I ignore these little butt-munching twinks and leave them to their own goddamn devices with their stupid trendy bullshit exercises.

That is, unless, they're bothering me directly.

This one stupidass asked me in between my squat sets if he can use the pullup bars on my squat rack.

Of course, I said. I let him do his thing.

And then he came back one more time just before my last and heaviest set. What a fucking dink.

So, I'm done with my set, and dumbass came up to me again to ask for a spot.

"Spot on what?" I asked. Be more specific.

"Bench," he said.

Okay, so I walked over to his bench. He's got a 45 and a dime slapped onto the sides of the barbell. 155 lbs. Okay. He's going for 10 reps. Okay. No takeoff needed. Okay.

He did these half rom reps, and I'm telling him to go lower. Nope, still some more half rom benches. No, he wasn't doing the JM Press or some accessory type of bullshit. He was "benching."

Dumbass struggled to get up on the 7th rep. I upright rowed the bar with one arm and tried to rack it.

"No, no, no! One more!"

God fucking damn it.

He struggles again on the 8th rep. The bar is pressed against his chest, and he's looking at me with helplessness and desperation written all over his ugly mug.

"I think this weight is too heavy for you, you clown," I say, as his face was turning a shade of red darker after every passing second.

I upright row the bar again and rack it.

You should post this over on the Gym Asshole thread.

You should post this over on the Gym Asshole thread.

Damn straight. I'm a big, wuvable, adowable asshole.

Tee hee hee!

Who the fuck are you, by the way?

Carnal, god damn it, I can feel your pain now! Shit!

Okay, you guys wanna laugh? I've got a story where I was the gym idiot. I got plenty of 'em.

Everybody was a gym idiot at some point in their training career; if you weren't, then you're a fucking poser and you never lifted weights.

So, anywho, one time I was alone in the gym, doing cleans and jerks. I had the bar frontracked, getting ready to jerk it. Along walks in this really cute chick, causing me to avert my attention briefly towards her just as the bar was making its ascent.

I clocked myself in the chin with the bar, and then bit my own tongue. Chick came up to me asking if I was okay. Ugghhhoorkay, I'm fffbbphine. Tank you bery muth! Blood was drooling out of my mouth.

There, laugh at my pain.

At least I got her phone number.

@Thunderhead
This is how I picture you in that story..

bolo-yeung-double-impact-bloodsport-enter-the-dragon.jpg

Because you look like Bolo from bloodsport.

@Thunderhead
This is how I picture you in that story..

bolo-yeung-double-impact-bloodsport-enter-the-dragon.jpg

Because you look like Bolo from bloodsport.

I said it before and I will say it again.

I wanna look like the love child of Bolo and Cristiano Ronaldo...

I work at a fitness facility and pretty much everyone is a gym idiot. Cardio machines all have TV's so everyone gives 20 percent effort while watching there cable shows. In the four years i've worked there I have seen less than 5 people actually do bench press with good technique (everyone does T formation which i cringe at). Squat rack with pullup bar is always empty yet the curl station is always full.

The facility for most of the members is basically a glorified day care (watch some cable TV on the machines, talk to some buds in the weight room, and hit the sauna for a quick nap).

This gym has one bench, and the bench has only two different heights for the bar; high or low. I always use the high setting but it moves me out of posture when unracking the bar without a spotter.
Today, I decided to use the lower setting. Today, I banged my head on the bar while getting up to change the weight. It didn't hurt, but I felt like an idiot.

And you're still a dumbass for not "getting it."

Like I'm going to waste my energy upright rowing a bar just to stroke some imbecile's ego?

Right. You so don't get it.

Dumbass.
was this the day you were squatting in "tactical" pants and looking like a badass? lol

This gym has one bench, and the bench has only two different heights for the bar; high or low. I always use the high setting but it moves me out of posture when unracking the bar without a spotter.
Today, I decided to use the lower setting. Today, I banged my head on the bar while getting up to change the weight. It didn't hurt, but I felt like an idiot.

There is a special place in hell for whoever builds those types of benches.

The bench at my gym has 3 levels. Mighty Mouse level, Jon Jones level and the middle level which is just barely high enough to completely fuck up my set up while unracking any significant amount of weight.

This leads to a lot of "could you please just help me unracking the bar? Just unracking it, i am fine after that" guy proceeds to keep a tight grip on the bar after helping me unrack and i have to tell him a couple times to take his hands of the bar before i can actually start benching.

Back