Gym idiots

My gym hasn't really been hit by too many resolutioners. It's an athletics track with a gym tacked on, it's bare bones, aside from a few cardio machines it's just a lifting platform, bench press, cable machine and a squat rack+power rack.

However, a couple of guys came down to look at the gym today with one of the staff. They had a quick scan of the room, then, whilst looking directly at both racks, said "no leg stuff?" With an air of disdain. Then walked off, I wonder if they joined...

The original Gym Idiots thread was legit stories and interaction between the poster and postee or were just funny.

Yeah, I'd like to hear legitimately funny or interesting stories.

For example, I'm not going to post about yet another person trying to take the club chalk. But the one about the guy who lost part of his finger deadlifting might be pretty good.

Should be a gym stories thread instead of gym idiots. Might contribute to a more positive, interesting theme.

Joined a new gym saw the same guy foam rolling for over 30 mins. Also saw like more than 5 people foam rolling too on both days I was there. "ITB" and "Quads" too lmao. If only they knew...
Using the gym foam roller is what convinced me to buy one. But I get it, if you are paying a monthly membership and you are just foam rolling you can spend a one month membership to buy one and do it at home.

I personally love my Rumble Roller and use it frequently but at the most 10-minute sessions.

Using the gym foam roller is what convinced me to buy one. But I get it, if you are paying a monthly membership and you are just foam rolling you can spend a one month membership to buy one and do it at home.

I personally love my Rumble Roller and use it frequently but at the most 10-minute sessions.

I've taken entire sessions to just stretch and foam roll. Granted, I worked at the gym, but sometimes it's nice to get out of the house and stretch in a big open area. Besides, who knows what that guy's story was? Maybe he had already finished his workout? Maybe he strained something and decided to foam roll instead of risking injury?

Foam rolling is awesome and the guy that you quoted sounds like a judgemental douche.

I saw a very special kind of curling in the squat rack. The guy set the safeties right about chest level (so that he started the curl with his forearms parallel to the floor). He then proceeded to throw his body into it and clang the bar on the safeties with every single rep, and naturally, strutted away from it like he had just conquered Asia after each set.

I saw a very special kind of curling in the squat rack. The guy set the safeties right about chest level (so that he started the curl with his forearms parallel to the floor). He then proceeded to throw his body into it and clang the bar on the safeties with every single rep, and naturally, strutted away from it like he had just conquered Asia after each set.

who fucking cares about Asia?

lol.

For some reason this year, I'm not seeing the usual influx of New Years Resolutioners.

There is this guy at my gym that will get in a squat rack and dead lift for over an hour. Except I've never actually seen him dead lift. Now he's a stocky guy and you can tell he lifts but I've yet to see him do anything. He will load a bunch of plates on the bar and start stretching. After he stretches he will get his feet set in front of the bar, reach down and grab the bar and get into the correct dead lift form. Then he will let go of the bar, stand back up and start shadow boxing. Then he will go sit down on a bench and rest. Then he goes back and gets into dead lift form again. Then he stands back up and starts using the bar to stretch his calves. Then he goes and gets a drink at the fountain. Comes back and sits down on the bench again. Then he stands up and starts doing arm circles. Then he reaches down and gets into dead lift formation. Then he stands back up, plays with his phone and goes into the locker room. Comes back out and starts doing squats with no weight, right in front of his loaded bar. Then he sat down again. At that point I just gave up and skipped trying to get a rack that day.

Normally I wouldn't pay this much attention but I was warming up on the stair stepper while waiting for a rack to open up. I never personally saw the guy do a rep for the hour I was there. I've seen him in there one other time doing what seemed like the same thing but I didn't pay any attention since I didn't need a rack. He doesn't seem like a bro type or like he wants attention. He's just in his own little world the entire time.

i've seen someone take the curl bar into the squat rack. turns out the ends beyond the plates will hit the sides of the rack. who knew? but he had to have taken the curl bar out of the preacher curl...

there's only one rack at that place, sometimes you have to walk for a long time on the treadmill

I use a PVC pipe like a foam roller at home, it's great. Well, it's great afterwards...

There is this guy at my gym that will get in a squat rack and dead lift for over an hour. Except I've never actually seen him dead lift. Now he's a stocky guy and you can tell he lifts but I've yet to see him do anything. He will load a bunch of plates on the bar and start stretching. After he stretches he will get his feet set in front of the bar, reach down and grab the bar and get into the correct dead lift form. Then he will let go of the bar, stand back up and start shadow boxing. Then he will go sit down on a bench and rest. Then he goes back and gets into dead lift form again. Then he stands back up and starts using the bar to stretch his calves. Then he goes and gets a drink at the fountain. Comes back and sits down on the bench again. Then he stands up and starts doing arm circles. Then he reaches down and gets into dead lift formation. Then he stands back up, plays with his phone and goes into the locker room. Comes back out and starts doing squats with no weight, right in front of his loaded bar. Then he sat down again. At that point I just gave up and skipped trying to get a rack that day.

Normally I wouldn't pay this much attention but I was warming up on the stair stepper while waiting for a rack to open up. I never personally saw the guy do a rep for the hour I was there. I've seen him in there one other time doing what seemed like the same thing but I didn't pay any attention since I didn't need a rack. He doesn't seem like a bro type or like he wants attention. He's just in his own little world the entire time.
Have you tried...........

....speaking to him?

Leg machines for everything imaginable but for some reason there have been a few that felt inclined to use the smith machine as a leg press.

Have you tried...........

....speaking to him?

If you are just going to come in here with nothing other than an attempt to shit up the place then.............

......why do you bother to come in here?

He saw you watching him, and decided to fuck with you..

You fucking stair stepped for an hour? You lost all your gainz, bro.

Back