Gym idiots

Saw a guy squatting while wearing this mask, he was struggling.

brian-mackinze1.jpg
Didn't know these were still popular, I figured most got the note when it was debunked.

Didn't know these were still popular, I figured most got the note when it was debunked.

One of the trainers at my gym is working on his Masters in exercise physiology. He swears that more recent studies have proven they do have effect.

Personally I still have my doubts, especially after having run numerous miles wearing an NBC suit and mask in the army. I'd swear I should be able to win a marathon after all the miles I did if they were worth a damn.

i guess i'm the gym idiot. tripling up with 370 dead lifting... maintenance at a 24 hour fitness i go to told me to stop slamming weights. lol. i keep my hands on them and drop them relatively fast... oh well. looks like i'm dead lifting at home, moving forward.

One of the trainers at my gym is working on his Masters in exercise physiology. He swears that more recent studies have proven they do have effect.

Personally I still have my doubts, especially after having run numerous miles wearing an NBC suit and mask in the army. I'd swear I should be able to win a marathon after all the miles I did if they were worth a damn.
They do, but not in the manner people attempt to use them generally. The increases in VO2 max idea wasn't entirely true. Increases in lactate removal of the respiratory muscles however, is. However, the mask has to be gauged properly to a set Inspired O2 level. Otherwise, you're wasting time.

Saw a guy squatting while wearing this mask, he was struggling.

brian-mackinze1.jpg

I've seen people running with these. I always thought you could hyperventilate then pass out with it on your face and die or get brain damage.

Passing out does happen to some lol its kinda funny. Looking like a MK character being uppercutted.

I've seen people running with these. I always thought you could hyperventilate then pass out with it on your face and die or get brain damage.
I was afraid he was going to pass out. It didn't look right.

A friend of posted a video on FB of her leg pressing 500 pounds with about a 6 inch rom

Squat rack curler dropset: used the regular olympic bar with no weight added on, just the bar. Curled his reps, then immediately switched to the 35lb bar, and did the same

Sorry if this has been posted. I just saw it on reddit lmao.

Today: ME. Decided to swing a sledge hammer at a tire for 20 minutes straight. I'm so fucking pissed i don't care if i looked psycho.

Sorry if this has been posted. I just saw it on reddit lmao.

Just curious how would someone ideally spot for a female? Isn't the way, to hold high up on chest to help the squatter regain balance and they don't tip forward?

At the multi station rogue thing this gym bought there's a guy doing dips with a less than two inch rom. I'm pressing and it's rocking the whole rack.

I was the gym idiot today. Did weighted pullups in the power rack when there were 3 other pullup/chinup/smith machine stations available.

To be fair it was empty, and the only other 2 people on the floor were on the treadmill. My excuse is the other chin/dips station is narrow and I end up bumping around, the rack felt more spacious.

benching in the power rack... some dude was waiting to squat, who was benching and super setting curls, dips, etc... whatever else on the actual bench. probably posted about me on bodybuilding.com ha~!

anyway, i noticed i was able to engage my entire body on so much more because of the flat bench height. i dragged a random/portable bench in there.

I like the power cage for benching solo. Don't see the problem

I like the power cage for benching solo. Don't see the problem

there's only (1) power rack at the 24 hour fitness i go to. there were (2) benches (unavailable/occupied). i didn't want to use the only piece of equipment people could squat in safely to bench. i try to be considerate of others...

ironic, because this dude was using the bench for all sorts of randomness (including benching) earlier, so i was forced into the power rack he was waiting to use...

Our power racks are bench compatible. I like that. I can hog the rack for the entire workout. I even do my DB work in there as well... What?

Our power racks are bench compatible. I like that. I can hog the rack for the entire workout. I even do my DB work in there as well... What?
Superset front, side, rear delt raises. High volume, long rest breaks in between for them gainz

Back