Gym Idiots VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, the other thread still has about 25 posts to go, dipshit.

Uh, the other thread still has about 25 posts to go, dipshit.

So did "the noob questions 3" thread. That didnt stop the change, might as well complain about the fucker taking the squat rack in here.

So did "the noob questions 3" thread. That didnt stop the change, might as well complain about the fucker taking the squat rack in here.

One time this stranger did something un-squat related in the squat rack. It ruined my night. I later posted about it on the internet.

One time this stranger did something un-squat related in the squat rack. It ruined my night. I later posted about it on the internet.

What a douche. Hopefully you complain to management.

Last week, at the S&C place I work at, I saw the most epically functional exercise I've ever witnessed first hand.

One of the other trainers there had placed a 50 kg barbell (with bumpers plates) and two 5-kg med balls on the floor, placing one med ball on each side of the barbell, and had a kid doing the following: power clean the bar (with horrible form), let it drop, jump over it while it is still bouncing on the floor, pick the med ball up, do a bunch of "med ball windmills", put the med ball down, turn around, do another power clean (with equally horrible form), drop the bar and jump over it while it is still bouncing, pick the other med ball up, do a bunch of "med ball windmill slams", repeat.

It's a real shame I wasn't able to take a video of that.

Last week, at the S&C place I work at, I saw the most epically functional exercise I've ever witnessed first hand.

One of the other trainers there had placed a 50 kg barbell (with bumpers plates) and two 5-kg med balls on the floor, placing one med ball on each side of the barbell, and had a kid doing the following: power clean the bar (with horrible form), let it drop, jump over it while it is still bouncing on the floor, pick the med ball up, do a bunch of "med ball windmills", put the med ball down, turn around, do another power clean (with equally horrible form), drop the bar and jump over it while it is still bouncing, pick the other med ball up, do a bunch of "med ball windmill slams", repeat.

It's a real shame I wasn't able to take a video of that.

You sure you weren't at a Gypsy Crossfitter's wedding?

In case I haven't mentioned it here, this is a real thing, and people seriously want one.

^ you're joking right?

I wish I could say I was. Posted the video on my FB page, one friend commented on it saying how awesome it would be for one of the classes she instructs, and another friend who is an amateur fighter said he wants one.

I don't know what it is but people are obsessed with jiggly things when it comes to training

looks like a weird more shaky bamboo bar. I imagine it might be useful, but I dunno.

Looks functional as hell,

You know incase you're ever carrying dead animal carcasses or prisoners over the River Kwai using bamboo sticks

Way to completely blow it on the thread title, OP.

Watched a guy do about five sets of 245lb 1/8 squats. I go over to the bench. When I return to the dumbells he's there on the leg press machine with six plates on each side asking a trainer how to use the damn thing.

There is also this girl running while holding her phone up to her ear talking... I guess this is somewhat impressive... Improve her escape and call for help skills I guess?

No particular idiot, but our gym basically cut the martial arts area in half (have a ring and a cage) in order to make a crossfit only section. Thing is, there's a dedicated crossfit gym (owned by the same company) 15 minutes away. Wouldn't be so mad if the entire section wasn't off limits to non crossfitters. Gotta cater to the skinny douches willing to pay $120 a month to have someone tell them to squat and deadlift.

Utter shite. If I didn't have a reason to hate crossfit I do now.

Barbell axe swings... Or maybe sledge hammering. Either way that shit looked functional.

Believe it or not Dave Tate uses that same barbell. I've seen it in his log.

Edit: Here you go

That thing takes the shake weight to a new level. I dont think it would be totally useless but would never know when and why to use something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back