Gym Idiots V12

RaginCajun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well the other one is locked because it is over a 1000 posts and it always provided for a good laugh.

My contributing start off will be for someone that is not so much a gym idiot moment but provides for a good laugh. I am not a big talker in the gym but this guy is in decent shape so I was asking him a question about deadlifiting, which I cant even remember what it was. So anyhow I get this like twenty minute lecture on nothing to do with deadlifiting how there are so many other exercises I could do, and his direct quote, "I have some of the most massive lats in hear so I know what I am doing." Needless to say I really don

I love you all. Thank you and good night.

Thread is off to a good start, plenty of gym idiots on display.

In other news, seen at the gym I was visiting today: the worst bench and general exercise technique I've seen from anyone, anywhere, ever. You know that "epic bench manoeuvre" video? It was exactly like that. Bar down to the chest, pause, roll slightly to the side, lever one side up first, drive hips off the bench, and push the bar to the top. And then he applied the same exercise principles to each exercise I saw him doing after. It was so hard not to say anything.

Apparently sleeveless hoodies are a thing now? I saw a guy wearing one with sleeve-length underarmor on underneath. Like, just wear a regular hoodie!

Chick laying on floor, inside the smith machine, leg pressing the bar. It was glorious.

Please tell me someone stopped her

I was too busy watching.

The gym was packed too. No one said a word. A lot of people stopped and watched. You don't change the channel when a Steven Segal movie is on.

Please tell me someone stopped her

I see this happening all the time. Just this morning, actually, with some girl wearing a shirt that said "valor" on it.

There's this creepy old guy.

Literally all he ever does is flat bench followed by leg raises on the bench, and biceps curls in all their variations. Dude is there EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm at the gym, doing his three exercises.

Plus, he's the talkative jimmy. If you dont watch out, he'll engage you in some weird ass conversation. He at one point complimented me on my thick, tight and solid physique while I was cutting and pretty small actually.

That was enough to avoid from that point onward.

not an idiot, but the sleeveless hoodie guy reminded me,

saw this older guy today, ~65 yrs old or so. this guy was kitted out head to toe. gloves, wrist wrap/warmer, elbow sleeves, weight belt, knee sleeve/brace. He wore everything from beginning to end.

I wish I will still be able to be in the gym when I am that age, and if I need to take every precaution to do so, so be it.

Kid does 3 creepin deadlift singles of 315 365 and 385 calls it a day walks around like he is tough shit.

Another guy likes to randomly rap as he does tricep extensions. He carries his giant gym bag everywhere.

Kid does 3 creepin deadlift singles of 315 365 and 385 calls it a day walks around like he is tough shit.

Another guy likes to randomly rap as he does tricep extensions. He carries his giant gym bag everywhere.

Mark Bell at your gym today?

Probably not a gym idiot but.

My time is pretty tight recently I work 10 hour days so at lunch I go to the gym because I hate to go after work and then go to bed right afterwards. On my days off I chill with my daughter.

Yesterday I went during lunch and scanned my badge, I guess my 1 year contract expired not that long ago and I need to renew it. I was under the impression I was going month to month(lol) and they just charge my card every month until I tell them no.

So a young man around my age held me up for a few minutes and I told him just to charge me and he said I'd have to fill out paperwork.

I told him "I am on lunch break. Can I get a quick workout in and come back after work?"
He literally had to think about it for a few minutes and said okay as long as I did that today.
It only bothered me because I was in a hurry and never missed a payment and did not even know I was in a contract. I know its probably all procedure BS but it wasted a good chunk of my lunch.

Went to a commercial gym for the first time in ages yesterday. It was glorious!

2 bros doing doing quarter curls (full extension was the arm bent at 90 degrees) and hip thrusting the bar up rather curling it under control, with all of 20kg.

Another bro on the bench or legpress or something was getting up after every set and stomping a lap around the whole gym and looking in all the mirrors, like scoping out his territory or some shit.

On the plus side, the PTs were actually really friendly and none of them tried the whole "hey this would work great for you, btw i do sessions for $100/hour" shtick, managed to find a bench and squat rack without waiting, and there was some dayum fine little ladies in their little leotards with the fake titties, making all kiiiiinds of gains!

8.5/10 would train there again.

Apparently sleeveless hoodies are a thing now? I saw a guy wearing one with sleeve-length underarmor on underneath. Like, just wear a regular hoodie!

Saw one Thursday night, it was 32(90 for you Americans and your weird system) degrees outside and not much cooler in the gym.

Back