Gym Idiots v11

Status
Not open for further replies.
65-70 year old man on Muscle Beach, wearing a bikini thong, doing some kind of deadlift/curl movement with the hamstring curl machine. And the whole time, gazing dramatically at the onlooking crowd.

Not a gym idiot but felt like sharing.

Theres this awesome ass bird who trains in my gym. I'm talking text book squat booty. Her ass is Jen Selter level, its incredible. Whenever she walks in, EVERY guy watches her.

Anyways, so yeah shes a 'squat chick'. Probably has an instagram with about 200 pics of herself in yoga pants doing a duck face.
Whenever shes in here, she warms up on the cross trainer and stares out whoever is in the squat rack, then she always goes over and asks how many sets they have left and every single time, whoevers in it just stops what they're doing and gives it over.

I'm waiting the day she does this to me, it won't work.

:icon_idea hey why don't you give us her instagram name?

had to laugh at the music comments.
the gym I go to plays the worst fucking garbage in the world.
fortunately, my old school 90s Rap Pandora channel bails me out.

Funny, I don't care what music is playing whenever I leave the sanctity of my garage. I put up a bench PR listening to "Call me, maybe"

I vote that you tell her to work in with you.

If it were a machine exercise or even dumbbells, I'd agree with you. But not with barbells, particularly squats. That's off-limits. I'd tell her politely I'll let her know when I'm done and give a eta on when that will be. She'd probably respect that more anyway. Sounds like the type that's used to getting white-knighted by all the betas out there anyway.

Gym music is horrible.
Ive had times when I left cause my shit died.
Or wont go until I know my shit is charged.

Gym etiquette question. I'm at a very commercial gym and right at the peak after work hours. Both squat racks are full of people actually using them properly, but a person leaves a bench (include and other bench are full) so I take that bar and use it to do strict Overhead press. Doing the 5 of 531 so I can easily clean it to my chest and don't need rack

When I finish that, I put the bar back on the bench and intend to do a 3x5 there and a person asks if I'm done with it or no. It's this point I say no, I was planning on benching. Is that a dick move? Using a barbell twice in a row during peak hours when they're all being used? I offered for him to work in with me, but he was with a group of 2 others so it would have been 4 on one Bench and he declined which I appreciated. I worked through quicker than usual and they went and did tricep dips I saw. So wondering about ohp then Bench with same bat, and also sounding a but opposed to letting 3 others work in during that.

Gym etiquette question. I'm at a very commercial gym and right at the peak after work hours. Both squat racks are full of people actually using them properly, but a person leaves a bench (include and other bench are full) so I take that bar and use it to do strict Overhead press. Doing the 5 of 531 so I can easily clean it to my chest and don't need rack

When I finish that, I put the bar back on the bench and intend to do a 3x5 there and a person asks if I'm done with it or no. It's this point I say no, I was planning on benching. Is that a dick move? Using a barbell twice in a row during peak hours when they're all being used? I offered for him to work in with me, but he was with a group of 2 others so it would have been 4 on one Bench and he declined which I appreciated. I worked through quicker than usual and they went and did tricep dips I saw. So wondering about ohp then Bench with same bat, and also sounding a but opposed to letting 3 others work in during that.

Naw, man. I wouldn't class this as a dick move.

65-70 year old man on Muscle Beach, wearing a bikini thong, doing some kind of deadlift/curl movement with the hamstring curl machine. And the whole time, gazing dramatically at the onlooking crowd.

Let him bang, bro,

The leaving the plates laying around drives me nuts, there is a chronic offender in the gym I work out at that does that, she will go over throw all the plates on the floor and into walkways and not stop and think twice about racking them or anything, she usually only will do one set, so in a matter of 15 minutes or so she has weights every where but on the rack or bar

I had a bitch try to take weight off the bar when I was sitting up taking a breather in between sets on the bench press

My gym has a lot of what has already been mentioned, plus some. My main personal annoyance is people not putting their dumbells or unloading the bar they were using. Worst part is that sometimes its even the trainers doing it. There are about 6 olympic bars in the gym and when I first joined they were all fine. Several months later and they are becoming more banana shaped, thanks to people just leaving their plates on. I think thats just poor gym etiquette.

Ive been asked by a trainer if I can be quiet when deadlifting, when the day before the spin class had music blasting so loud I could hear it before I was in the gym.
The trainers in my gym leave a lot to be desired, watching them teach a new client how to squat is so awkward. Rounded back, weight on the toes, safety pad, 1/4 squat.

I had a random guy who come up to me with his phone and tried to take a picture. I keep myself to myself and I respect others when in the gym. So, im preparing myself to hit a rep PR and this guy comes up maybe 3 metres away gets his phone out, points it at me at arms length, just as im about to start my lift and I hear the camera go off. I told him pretty quickly to F*** off. I think it comes down to the culture thing here in China, there are basically no boundaries.

Aaaaand my personal favourite, the 20 or more people who seemingly come to the gym to sit around on the machines with their Ipad or phone.

I had a bitch try to take weight off the bar when I was sitting up taking a breather in between sets on the bench press

Similar to this, a few years ago as I was in the midst of unracking for squats, this guy tried taking off the 25 I had on. wtf.

My gym has a lot of what has already been mentioned, plus some. My main personal annoyance is people not putting their dumbells or unloading the bar they were using. Worst part is that sometimes its even the trainers doing it. There are about 6 olympic bars in the gym and when I first joined they were all fine. Several months later and they are becoming more banana shaped, thanks to people just leaving their plates on. I think thats just poor gym etiquette.

Ive been asked by a trainer if I can be quiet when deadlifting, when the day before the spin class had music blasting so loud I could hear it before I was in the gym.
The trainers in my gym leave a lot to be desired, watching them teach a new client how to squat is so awkward. Rounded back, weight on the toes, safety pad, 1/4 squat.

I had a random guy who come up to me with his phone and tried to take a picture. I keep myself to myself and I respect others when in the gym. So, im preparing myself to hit a rep PR and this guy comes up maybe 3 metres away gets his phone out, points it at me at arms length, just as im about to start my lift and I hear the camera go off. I told him pretty quickly to F*** off. I think it comes down to the culture thing here in China, there are basically no boundaries.

Aaaaand my personal favourite, the 20 or more people who seemingly come to the gym to sit around on the machines with their Ipad or phone.

He was mirin hard

maybe i'm the gym a-hole lately,

between sets, sometimes guys want to chat or something, i dont really know what they are after. If i'm on my top sets, i dont want to talk to any body, I just want to catch my breathe and concentrate on how to get the next set done.

gym time is my alone time and I try to zone out and do my thing.

Couldn't agree more ^ which is why I lift in my garage... I'm irritated enough already without being bothered while I'm trying to work out.

I do love this thread though. Keep up the good work, fellas.

My gym has a lot of what has already been mentioned, plus some. My main personal annoyance is people not putting their dumbells or unloading the bar they were using...

I'm surprised enough that you found a commercial gym with legit equipment in China. Last time I went I had to settle for 90% machines, 1 barbell, shitty plates that only add up to 290, no squat rack, dumbbells up to 55 and the entire gym staff giving me the evil eye whenever I went to do a lift.

I would give my left nut to train at the national oly-WLing base though.

Slightly gym idiot:

In the next rack next to me was this smoking fitness-chick repping sumo RDL's with 205lbs. Then there were this 4 obnoxious 15-year olds doing cringe-worthy knee bends with half that weight in the smith machine in the front of us. When they were finished, they walked back on both sides of her rack, while she was in the middle of her set, inches from walking into her bar.

Mostly just writing this because I'm still struck by that girl and her calmness.
Damn.

I'm surprised enough that you found a commercial gym with legit equipment in China. Last time I went I had to settle for 90% machines, 1 barbell, shitty plates that only add up to 290, no squat rack, dumbbells up to 55 and the entire gym staff giving me the evil eye whenever I went to do a lift.

I would give my left nut to train at the national oly-WLing base though.

Look for an Oly club and jus ask them. Chances are, they would let you train there if you don't disrupt team practise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black chick with the most athletic (srs) female physique in the gym does....

... hoola hoops with static lateral DB-holds???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back