Gym Idiots Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ As am I!

Also, the squat rack is probably the best place for gym idiots.

Hey I used to work at retro! My manager was a complete idiot that knee nothing about fitness either bodybuilding or strength training. They wanted more money at the expence of quality service so I told him to suck it and quit.

Something tells me I should wish I could see videos at work!

And I should find it and squat in it!

Funny thing is we have a curl rack that the bros don't use. They prefer to use my squat rack instead. Got into an argument over how stupid guy was curling in the squat rack.

His response "I was here first"
My response " no problem dumb shit, but there is a reason it's called a squat rack, so people can actually get shit done

Funny thing is we have a curl rack that the bros don't use. They prefer to use my squat rack instead. Got into an argument over how stupid guy was curling in the squat rack.

His response "I was here first"
My response " no problem dumb shit, but there is a reason it's called a squat rack, so people can actually get shit done

You american? Thats such an american thing too say.

Hey. We rep Murrica and our methods of forcibly evacuating curl monkeys from our beloved squat haven

Yes there is.....didn't crossfit start there?

Last edited:
But other countries started WW2. SO AMERICA. And to keep this thread on topic, someone told me today that I shouldn't bench, power clean, and Squat all in the same workout. FACEPALM

Today I had to go workout after most schools in my area finish so I expected a lot more gym idiots that usual. Strangely didn't get hassled by the school kids, they mostly kept to the dumbell section of the weight room. When I got to the ground floor which is thankfully sound proofed from the rest of the weight room I could here somebody shout "what" every so often.
Came out of the lockers to see a real skinny guy, about late twenties, doing "pull ups" bare chested, with straps, tapout board shorts and shouting "what" with every "rep" he completed. The thing is he was standing on the box we use to box squat with jumping till his chin was above the bar and dropping straight onto the box, no attempt at doing negatives what so ever.

What

Thing that drove me up the wall a few weeks ago...some ****y shit who walks around like he owns the place sets his bag down on the freeweight flatbench, then goes off into the corner to talk to his boys for 20min. Are you kidding me?

So i put his bag on the floor and cranked out some dumbbell press that wasn't in my routine that day, lol. Of course he came over with attitude.

Thing that drove me up the wall a few weeks ago...some ****y shit who walks around like he owns the place sets his bag down on the freeweight flatbench, then goes off into the corner to talk to his boys for 20min. Are you kidding me?

So i put his bag on the floor and cranked out some dumbbell press that wasn't in my routine that day, lol. Of course he came over with attitude.

Had a couple guys like that the other day at my gym. I'm waiting to use the pullup bar and this guy was standing underneath it. I asked him if he was using it and he said yeah. Then he drops off a bunch of dumbbells like it's his "spot" then walks off and doesn't come back. I waited for like 10 minutes but he didn't come back so I put all of that shit back before using the pullup bar. He never came back.

Then later a different pair of guys come in and use a bunch of dumbbells and just drop them on the floor where they were using it and went to do some cardio. I assumed they were planning to come back and use the dumbbells so I put that shit back too and left to piss them off.

On multiple occasions I have overheard the bros at the gym giving the following advice, "you shouldn't go too heavy with the weights, you'll just get big bulky muscles with no performance, but don't lift too light either or your muscles will get loose and saggy. Grab a weight with which you can do 10-15 reps, and you'll build that functional strength without putting on too much mass."

What in the flying fuck is with people trying to leg press the smith machine? Why?! The leg press machine is over there, dumbass. I hope your feet slip off the smith machine bar and it falls between your legs and smashes your balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back