Gym Idiots Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some dickbag took the good collars away from the squat rack to use them on the smith machine today. Didn't see who, but fucking hell.

Some dickbag took the good collars away from the squat rack to use them on the smith machine today. Didn't see who, but fucking hell.

I was looking around for collars the other day, because the tiny gym I'm using only has five collars (yes, five, not five pair, but five total) and two of them were in use. I found two on the Smith machine. I was a little confused.

Went in this morning to do TB DL's. I have to bring my own TB since my gym doesn't have one. I set it up in-between the Smith and Power Rack so I can load it from each side using the plates on the racks. There is a guy in the Smith doing quarter Squats using 3 plates. He looks at me and says what is that thing, looks weird. I explained what it was and he just kind of looked at me like what a jackass and continued doing "quarter Squats on the Smith". The fuck

Was the Gym today. I was waiting to use the squat rack for OHP. (we dont have a power Rack). There was a guy off to the side of it in the corner using the bar (from the rack) one end in the corner 3, 45's on the other side doing upright rows. I had just finished up my last set of chinups. No i don't have a problem with what he was doing as we have limited bars. Anyways i said to the guy do you have many more sets. He said "'Im done" and grabbed his shit and started to walk away. I said hey man you going to clean that shit up? His response. "No sorry I'm a lazy bastard" And just walked away. I called him an asshole and he didn't seem to bothered about it. So before i could do my workout i had to clean his shit up. Oh and he wasn't "too lazy" to go do like 10 more sets of various exercises. He wasn't that big a guy but I'm pretty small. Made me want to punch him in the face!! But there wasn't much i could do about it.

One guy's really pissing me off at the minute. Last three workouts I've seen him do have involved the following:

-Some kind of circuit including press-ups with a different-sized medicine ball under each hand
-Kettlebell swings with some of the worst form I've ever seen (and I've been told he's been in other times doing them on a fucking wobble-board).
-Some abortion of an exercise where he had both feet up on a stack of step-boxes and his hands on the flat side of a BOSU ball and was bringing his knees in to his body alternately.

It wouldn't bother me quite so much but he tried to lecture me on nutrition the other day, having been doing the whole Paleo thing for a solid two weeks! Then explained how he's studying Sports Science. If that's what they're teaching sports scientists these days I want none of it!

I was doing SOHP the other day and a guy was on the power rack next to me, doing the same thing. Only difference- he had teh 275 on the bar and his ROM was from his ears to the top of his head.

Ive said it before but I'll say it again. Two guys spotting each other on push ups by standing over their partner with hands on the guys hips and basically pulling his ass up into his crotch. Gayest shit Ive ever seen. And they were jersey shore looking armenians

Ive said it before but I'll say it again. Two guys spotting each other on push ups by standing over their partner with hands on the guys hips and basically pulling his ass up into his crotch. Gayest shit Ive ever seen. And they were jersey shore looking armenians

Was this at the Glendale 24 hour fitness? Lots of homoerotic exercises and grunting going on at that gym. Surprisingly much more gay than the West Hollywood 24 hr fitness even.

Was this at the Glendale 24 hour fitness? Lots of homoerotic exercises and grunting going on at that gym. Surprisingly much more gay than the West Hollywood 24 hr fitness even.

You seem to know a lot about where these homoerotic exercises go on.

Willing to bet that the "House of Male" in Chiang Mai is a good bit gayer. My friend had an anonymous gay threeway in the sauna there. And that is pretty gay.

So... is there a "house of female"?

Not that I know of. That sort of thing seems *far* more common in the gay community. Of course there are many platforms for the sex industry, where sex is brought and sold (there's even a place here where women go to pick up male prostitutes). But these sorts of places are of course different.

t-JFMwR3R0WTPz0oqPMmOQ2.gif

I was working my way up to a 5 rep max attempt in the only power rack in the gym when a middle-aged gentlemen came over to ask me how many sets I had left. I told him just one, but then I would be doing overhead squats, but offered to let them work in (assuming they would be doing squats, or at least something that required the use of a rack).

He declined, based on the fact that he only really wanted to use the rack for benching, and didn't want to work in.

Bear in mind, as he was saying this, there was an unused bench sitting literally five feet away from us.

He and his friend then proceeded to do bench press variations at every angle on every piece of equipment that would support the attempt for the rest of the time I was there.

There's this tiny little bodybuilder in my gym, he's like a natural olympia competitor or some such, and every time he sees a female do some squats, he goes over and "corrects" their form.

He tells them that squats will make your butt bigger (oh noes!) and that instead, to work the thighs and really get that X frame, you need to put your feet no more than six inches apart and sit back rather than down. Basically, he's teaching them to do close stabce smith machine squats. It's absolutely terrible. Poor, poor girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back