Gym Idiots Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite is the curl monkey with the lightning bolts tattooed on his biceps.

All he ever does is curls and crunches. And the noises he makes when he's working out are disgusting.

The worst is the guy that stays at home, hasn't been training for years and still tells stories about gym idiots he saw back in the day in sherdog threads. But then again the guy that always curls in the cage is actually more of a nuisance for the people that still train, so maybe I'm only second worst on this particular list.

My favourite is the curl monkey with the lightning bolts tattooed on his biceps.

All he ever does is curls and crunches. And the noises he makes when he's working out are disgusting.

At least he is lifting something. There are guys at my gym who will scream like they are doing a 10,000 lb deadlift, while they are on the tredmill. And they aren't running fast for a long time, or have the incline way up. They just yell every few minutes.

I'll actually laugh, and ask, "are you ok?" and when they say yeah, I am just running, I say "Really? thats it?" and walk away trying to look as confused as possible.

At least he is lifting something. There are guys at my gym who will scream like they are doing a 10,000 lb deadlift, while they are on the tredmill. And they aren't running fast for a long time, or have the incline way up. They just yell every few minutes.

I'll actually laugh, and ask, "are you ok?" and when they say yeah, I am just running, I say "Really? thats it?" and walk away trying to look as confused as possible.

Maybe the treadmill is at 10/10. It's hard, bro.

Maybe the treadmill is at 10/10. It's hard, bro.

Like I said in my post, it's not. And they aren't running fast, or for that long. They just yell out every now and then.

Wait a minute, did I just get trolled bro?

Like I said in my post, it's not. And they aren't running fast, or for that long. They just yell out every now and then.

Wait a minute, did I just get trolled bro?

tumblr_lg8p6hI2wl1qdtfdbo1_500.gif

It's probably one of those things, bros do to convince everyone, especially themselves, that they do work hard.

There's an older guy I've seen a couple times at my gym who always wears the same grey sweats and a fucking belly shirt. It's really gross.

There was also a guy I saw the other day too after every set he'd walk towards the mirror with an intense look on his face like he was doing a staredown, he'd reach the mirror and pause for a second then flex.

i was at the gym at around 9 or 10 the other night and a guy was benching with no shirt on.
Also, last week this guy tried to take the squat rack and the smith machine to super set.
the fuck dude?

Someone help me out here...

Teenager worked in with me in the rack. I must say he was probably the better of the squatters at my gym and let me tell you if I am the only one even remotely squatting properly, we have problems.

So he was doing these "full squats" (basically a little better than a half squat), coming up to to about 1/4 and then down again and then up. I have seen these done before and addressed this in the last gym idiot thread, but was told they were typically used as assistance to getting out of the hole (much like you might do with floor presses for bench). However these were his weekly heavy squats as if he was using these squats for strength. He said he squats regularly but he doesn't load the bar as heavy.

He called these skater squats. He is a hockey player and this is what his coach had him doing... Anyone use these for strength or anything for that matter? If Arlec is around, maybe you can shed some light on this exercise for hockey players. He loaded the bar very heavy and was totally compromising form for load...

He was also doing push presses on one leg after those squats...

I remember a girl who would run on the treadmill, hanging on to the front console for dear life the whole time.

Really sweaty guy between sets today was rolling all over the mirrors while stretching, and gazing intensely into his own eyes in the glass. There was so much sweat, after he was done, it had dripped down the glass and pooled on the ground. The whole thing just made me feel kind of sick.

tumblr_lg8p6hI2wl1qdtfdbo1_500.gif

It's probably one of those things, bros do to convince everyone, especially themselves, that they do work hard.

lol,bro it didn't even hit me bro, until I read bro for like the third time bro. Then thought bro, "shit bro, he's right bro" I felt so good after this bro, I went and got a bro spray tan, cut the viking beard, and started to call myself, "The situation" bro

1. GF and I hit the gym @ 6pm last night
2. GF hits the treadmill, I hit the brocep curls
3. Look over @ GF, she's the only one on a treadmill, except for one dude....on the treadmill next to her
4. Dude is 50+
5. Dude looks like he hasn't showered in a month
6. GF said dude's BO was so bad she almost complained to gym management

I mean, seriously dude, I get it, some cultures don't look fondly on showering, but don't come in to a gym and grab the treadmill next to the only other person when you know you're a smelly bastard.

Circuit machine madness. I've seen this dude before doing this same routine. Basically this guy gets sweaty as hell while doing 10+ reps on unrelated muscle group machines back to back to back. It's essentially a giant superset of fuckwadery. He will hit the seated bicep curl machine, wait 15 seconds and start sweating up the pec fly machine, then jump over to the tricep extension machine. Also, he doesn't seem to have a reason for any of his selections of which machine to use. So he wouldnt repeat the circuit I described, he just picks what ever looks appealing I guess?

He does all of this horse shit with a nasty scowl on his face. Maybe in his mind a scowl + dripping sweat + invisible lat syndrome = swollen beast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back