Gym denies entry to black men and calls police

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They needed a gym because he was getting ready for a fight on Saturday and the front desk people denied him because he "smelled like weed". Then called the cops on them.

WBC light middleweight boxing champion Jermell Charlo said he was denied entry to the Life Time Athletic gym in New York City on Thursday night because of his race.

On Friday, TMZ Sports provided details of the incident from Charlo, who said the staff alleged the group he arrived with "smelled like weed."

"Charlo insists neither he nor anyone in his crew had smoked and the allegation was just a bogus excuse to keep a group of black guys out of the gym," the TMZ Sports report states.

The 27-year-old Texas native is in NYC to watch his twin brother, Jermall, take on Hugo Centeno Jr. for the WBC interim middleweight title Saturday at the Barclays Center

While capturing video of the exchange, Charlo and his group eventually left the health club after a staff member said they were going to call 911. Police arrived but didn't take an official report of the incident, per TMZ Sports.

The light middleweight champ, who owns an unblemished 30-0 professional record, is scheduled to defend his belt June 9 against Austin Trout at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-denied-entry-to-boxing-gym-because-hes-black

...didn't these people learn from the Starbucks incident?

I've never even heard of a group of African American males that smelled like marijuana. Outlandish!

Good, I hate it when some bitch ass :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: comes in to the gym and smells like skunk.

Also, right to refuse. Must fucking suck.

Also lol, he fucking bitched out and left. Must have known someone smelled and wanted to make a scene.

...didn't these people learn from the Starbucks incident?
Or the LA Fitness incident, that now sees lots of members canceling their memberships.

I've never even heard of a group of African American males that smelled like marijuana. Outlandish!
Well, in preperation of title fights I would say the number of high champions + crew is very low, even though they are from African descent.

Also lol, he fucking bitched out and left. Must have known someone smelled and wanted to make a scene.
Lol indeed. We've seen over and over how rational and deescalating our friends in blue tend to respond to our colored fellow countrymen.

Last edited:
I cant wait for the notracists to get in here and blame these guys for something

I don't think this is really comparable to the Outbackstakehouse incident

Ive been denied entry to places about stinking like weed. Not everything has to do with race

Good, I hate it when some bitch ass :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: comes in to the gym and smells like skunk.

Also, right to refuse. Must fucking suck.

He "bitched out" because the cops were there, you can see the cars arrive in the video

He won by KO btw

As soon as I heard her accent I could believe it was racism. Immigrants are much more likely to be racist like this.

And I bet an entourage of beefy black guys is probably going intimidate a little lady like that. She's probably used to a bunch of metrosexuals and sorority girls working out at the gym instead of real athletes.
You mean like smelling like weed?
That honestly sounds like a BS excuse, the kind of thing you say if you want hassle some black guys since its hard to prove. I mean, can you smell weed through a video? No so how can we disprove it?

That's dumb. I used to be a personal trainer for a Lifetime gym after I got out of the Marines. When I was tgere, there were talks about adding bars into the higher end clubs.

I have nothing else to add to this thread.

Lets make everything racial.

I literally just read a story about some poor white father who was stabbed to death in a Restaurant in Ventura, California. The poor white guy was sitting down and he had his young daughter sitting in his lap. They were enjoying themselves when a black man walk up behind the father and stabbed him in the back. Luckily the daughter who was on her dad's lap wasn't injured.

But her dad fucking died right in front of her.

Where is the outrage? Our country loses its mind when to black men refuse to leave a coffee shop and get detained for not follow orders and trespassing. But the black on white crime epidemic is swept under the rug.

I cant wait for the notracists to get in here and blame these guys for something

Did you miss the part where Jermell and the lady behind the counter on the left said his twin brother was already inside?
Here's the Charlo brothers
maxresdefault.jpg

Sweat can smell like weed if you smoke it enough.

I literally just read a story about some poor white father who was stabbed to death in a Restaurant in Ventura, California. The poor white guy was sitting down and he had his young daughter sitting in his lap. They were enjoying themselves when a black man walk up behind the father and stabbed him in the back. Luckily the daughter who was on her dad's lap wasn't injured.

Where is the outrage? Our country loses its mind when to black men refuse to leave a coffee shop and get detained for not follow orders and trespassing. But the black on white crime epidemic is swept under the rug.
Why haven't you made a thread about it? Where's your outrage?

It's very easy to say "not everything is about race" when your race is not in question

I read that story and its clear that the black guy had mental issues. No racial motivation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back