Guys who combine Kickboxing with TaeKwonDo = nightmares?

And Zelg Galesivic (ITF) was MMA champ
11-9 in MMA, 0-1 in Kickboxing.

<{cruzshake}>

Lost to Souza, Sakuraba, Shlemenko, Rodriguez. Never had a single win in Bellator or Pride...

A nobody in Kickboxing and a nobody in MMA.

Why do you guys even bother talking with spacetime? He is a known troll in a striking subforum lol

Love how you say Yilmaz record is poor yet you bring up a guy who's 0-1 in Kickboxing and 11-9 in MMA...

<Lmaoo>

11-9 is a LOT better than 3-7. You flunked math, didn't you?. Sakuraba almost died after his fight with Galesivic du to traumatic brain injury. And in the lone kickboxing bout, Zelg had a knockdown but failed to capitalize.

11-9 is a LOT better than 3-7. You flunked math, didn't you?. Sakuraba almost died after his fight with Galesivic du to traumatic brain injury. And in the lone kickboxing bout, Zelg had a knockdown but failed to capitalize.
11-9 is shit no matter how you try and spin it.

3-7 is just a bit shittier, but it's a better Kickboxing record than 0-1.

0-1 is about as shit as it gets, because you never once won and never moved past your first and only loss. Having a knockdown doesnt mean shit if you still lose, haha. Guess one knockdown is somehow supposed to be a great victory of some kind even though you still get your ass kicked. They happen all the time.

I'm sure he fought Sakuraba at his prime too lol, he was 40 when that fight happened if my math is correct and still lost via kneebar.

TKD isn't complete shit, but don't try and convince me that it's somehow an amazing match for top level Kickboxing or something, "Nightmare" in your own mind.

Either way, a troll like yourself is useless to talk too. Go crawl back into your little cave.

11-9 is shit no matter how you try and spin it.

3-7 is just a bit shittier, but it's a better Kickboxing record than 0-1.

0-1 is about as shit as it gets, because you never once won and never moved past your first and only loss. Having a knockdown doesnt mean shit if you still lose, haha. Guess one knockdown is somehow supposed to be a great victory of some kind even though you still get your ass kicked. They happen all the time.

I'm sure he fought Sakuraba at his prime too lol, he was 40 when that fight happened if my math is correct and still lost via kneebar.

TKD isn't complete shit, but don't try and convince me that it's somehow an amazing match for top level Kickboxing or something, "Nightmare" in your own mind.

Either way, a troll like yourself is useless to talk too. Go crawl back into your little cave.

Tomaz Barada is 84-0 in Kickboxing. There.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomaž_Barada

Quit trolling.

Sakuraba has had an accumulation of brain trauma, the most glaring damage being Kevin Randleman's repeated knees to the top of the head from north/south possition. That and the Japanese refs let his fights go on way too long holding on to a glimmer of hope that he may come back meanwhile he's being concused. He was completely shot when he fought Zelg.

Zelg was a product of everyone wanting another Cro Cop, he even tried to dress like him, but he sucked and his record is evidence of this.

Last edited:
In MMA there's been a few, not in Muay Thai though, and lets be honest, if they're mixing striking arts, they'll most likely compete in MMA instead of going straight to Muay Thai. But if they did go to Muay Thai, we don't know what would happen, but I would speculate they'd be competitive.

Pettis, Anderson Silva, Uriah Hall, Mirko Crocop, Edson Barboza, Benson Henderson, Cung Lee, Bas Rutten, (and Joe Rogan haha) I'm quite sure there are other fighters I haven't mentioned. We've seen Tae Kwon Do/Karate style kicks effective in fights, we know these move works, and though I don't think they'll make it to Muay Thai though, because of how traditional Muay Thai, there is also the fact that fighters who mix styles seem to go to MMA or Kickboxing. But if you got a Guy like say... Saenchai, and gave him some TKD/Karate kicks in his regime along with all his Muay Thai skills set, I feel that could only help him be more unpredictable.

I agree... to some extent. People say the same about boxing, but yet we know a shitty low level MMA fighter (even one with mediocre grappling) has a really good chance of taking down even a high level boxer and then wrecking him on the ground. A top boxer can also be wrecked by a mid-level Muay Thai guy even standing up. Once you learn certain things to the point you keep doing the same thing over and over again in your career, it's time to expand your skill set. And though kicking is of no importance to a guy looking to compete in boxing, and submission grappling is of no importance for a guy seeking only to compete in Muay Thai.... A higher repertoire of kicks, especially ones that Thai don't train for or see often, can only help. I can't find the videos by themselves, but in those shitty Knock out compilations I've seen at least two decent Thai fighters get knocked out by kick-boxers (who most likely come from TKD/Karate Backgrounds) via spinning heel kicks.
thats interesting i didnt know Hall had a tkd background. I thought he was a kyokushin guy.

Back