Guy tries using Windows 98 as his primary OS

G

Guestx

Dude buys an old Compaq laptop and decides to try using Windows 98 as his primary OS. This should be pretty nostalgic for anyone who was using computers during that era.

giphy.gif

Wake me up when someone uses a C64 as their primary computer now.

I could go back. Those were good times

Halflife was the last PC game I got jnto until 2014

I really liked Windows 98. It was a good OS. Some slight improvements over 95, and worlds better than NT, 2000 or ME.

I could go back. Those were good times

Halflife was the last PC game I got jnto until 2014

Windows 98 was the first OS that I got a lot of experience with so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

And I have to tell you, I never have been much of a PC gamer, but Half-Life was one of the few games that I've played on the PC. I remember there was some spider creature that kept killing me and it pissed me off so bad that I just quit playing. In fact, other than some little casual games, I'm not sure that I've played another PC game since then.

Windows 98 was the first OS that I got a lot of experience with so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

And I have to tell you, I never have been much of a PC gamer, but Half-Life was one of the few games that I've played on the PC. I remember there was some spider creature that kept killing me and it pissed me off so bad that I just quit playing. In fact, other than some little casual games, I'm not sure that I've played another PC game since then.
Except world of warcraft

Wake me up when someone uses a C64 as their primary computer now.
There's an Amiga in Michigan that controls the heat/ac in a bunch of schools. Part of the computer system that controls our nukes still use 5.25 floppies.

There's an Amiga in Michigan that controls the heat/ac in a bunch of schools. Part of the computer system that controls our nukes still use 5.25 floppies.

I know... I saw that on 60 minutes, but it is less hackable.

Mmm, better than 2000? How so?

2000 was a lot more stable.

I dont know. Probably just a personal preference based on familiarity. I had very little hands on experience with 2000.

We had 95 then 98 on our home computers but my dad had NT at work and he fucking hated it.

Generally the "tick-tock" of "amazing-shitty" holds up for Windows releases, but not for 98. I must admit I didn't think it was really like that at first.

Windows 95 was sort of mindblowing after 3.1
But Windows '98 was fantastic, too.
Windows 2000 was not my favorite.
Windows XP was fantastic.
Vista was a disaster.
Windows 7 was(is) incredible. GOAT.
Windows 8 did kind of suck out of the box. Windows 8.1 once you configured the Start Menu was a pretty solid OS.
Windows 10 is fantastic, and I understand why they basically have built backdoors into controlling your OS, especially with the updates, but I can't stand it. I hate that.

I git my first PC when I was 11 in the early 90s. that shit was Windows 3.1 son !!!

anyone remember this??

1043487-1.gif~c200

Back