Guys - Stipe is good, just not DC good - seriously who did he fight prior to DC that's at DC's level

They’re not asterisks, they’re stars

tenor.gif

Stipe approached the fight stupidly and make bad mistakes

He picked a bad time to starting buying into himself

I'm not so sure about that. All I really saw that were "mistakes" were a) underestimating DC's speed a tad which led him to getting bopped by some jabs; had the fight gone on longer he probably would have adjusted, and they weren't what got him in the end anyways; and b) not guessing that DC might have a clever multi-layered plan up his sleeve involving the clinch. Looked to me like he was more than holding his own there, until DC sprung his trap.

Not only is Fabricio Werdum much better than any version of DC and would beat his ass, he actually beat a better version of DC in a title fight in Cain.

Try again TS. Both Stipe and Werdum are much higher on the HW ATG list. In fact they're the top 2.

Thing is, he Werdum he smashed just smashed Cain, who many thought was GOAT. The heavies get crap because they hit so hard, and a fighter is lucky to win 3 straight, even if they are the greatest of all time. Too bad we won't get to see D.C. against any top HW, like we did with him at LHW, as he wants money fights and to retire

The Stipe D.C. Rematch, plus fights with guys like Doom and Cain would be nice. D.C. clearly cherry picked guys like Mir and Nelson after winning the Gran Prix, which was actually very disappointing. I'd love to see him vs the best of the best. He also has KO power, unlike Jones, which could be why Bones ducked the big boy's.

I know when you are a fighter and a champ you have to have the mindset you can beat anyone and you are the best, and I think that was the right mindset to have vs. such an imposing guy like Francis but with DC, honestly I DID feel like Stipe might've needed to step back on that a little bit and assess Cormier as posing legitimate problems.

NOT saying Stipe was too cocky, but he has that kind of attitude where he isn't intimidated and that's fine, but DC comes from a great camp and has shown he's tough as leather and like a lot of people said I believe Stipe thought he was going to walk through DC.

Sometimes that happens, and whenever Stipe has lost he's came back stronger. I think he'll be champ again, and hopefully this was a wake up call that anyone can lose on any night.

DC is not the better fighter IMO. He just had a better game plan and executed. Similar to Bisping vs Rockhold 2.

It's funny bc I don't remember any of y'all mofos picking DC to win.

Stipe was apparently the greatest HW and DC could handle his power...

Stipe's win over DC would have spawned dozens of threads of how old and generally overrated DC is.
Yeah, but he passed that test, so now people are saying other things...

Also, I think MMA fans fail to recognize that DC is well past his athletic prime. He was past prime when he came into the sport.

The dude is almost 40...

I said in several threads before the fight that it would be an easy fight for DC.... DC was tossing HWs around and only dropped down because his BFF cain was champ... its like people forgot how good DC was/is because he lost to a guy many consider the best to ever do it.

He wasnt dominated, he got caught. Same thing could have happened to DC.

Every fuckin time a guy loses around here, it apparently makes all the fighters he beat previously a lot shittier...

tenor.gif

Stipe beat straight up killers; Werdum, Overeem, Ngannou when they were on win streaks.

He was rightfully the favorite.

DC was a top 2-3 HW but the top dogs he beat were not as good as 2018 top 5 HWs.

It was completely sensible to expect Stipe to win and it's not stupid to pick him again in a rematch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back