Guys - Stipe is good, just not DC good - seriously who did he fight prior to DC that's at DC's level

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
I rest my case

But if you're still not convinced here's a breakdown

Francis Ngannu .... <{MingNope}>

Post prime JDS .... <{clintugh}>

Running man under-reem <41>

Werdune... Yeah we're done ... <SelenaWow>

Speaking of done, hello Arlovski <DisgustingHHH>

Very old Mark Hunt? <MaryseShutIt>

Get it?

Stipe fights in a division of the very old and worn out and he's on top of that hill which is merely a stepping stone of DC's mountain

<36>

ZVUGwgy.gif

Stipe lost because he did not eat enough Fried Chicken

And because he’s no Jon Jones

Edit: those two jokes were not meant to be racially tied together ^
<JonesLaugh>

Going by that logic, DC is also a very old man.

Stipe's win over DC would have spawned dozens of threads of how old and generally overrated DC is.

Stipe lost because he didn't have that Immigrant Mentality. He thought he could just walk thru DC

True. DC is no joke. Dude is the second best LHW on the planet..

<JonesLaugh>

I rest my case

But if you're still not convinced here's a breakdown

Francis Ngannu .... <{MingNope}>

Post prime JDS .... <{clintugh}>

Running man under-reem <41>

Werdune... Yeah we're done ... <SelenaWow>

Speaking of done, hello Arlovski <DisgustingHHH>

Very old Mark Hunt? <MaryseShutIt>

Get it?

Stipe fights in a division of the very old and worn out and he's on top of that hill which is merely a stepping stone of DC's mountain

<36>

10/10 thread, would read again

Stipe approached the fight stupidly and make bad mistakes

He picked a bad time to starting buying into himself

He beat a lot of names. Names that are way past it.
And a lot of mma fans have no perspective. Win over a name is a win over a name to a lot of folks.

Mma fans would have been like spinks is the greatest fighter ever. Did you see him beat the shit out of Muhammad ali!

Hind-sights 20/20....'cause sherdog was rife with people sayin' Ngannou was going to destroy Stipe, and then Stipe was the greatest ever, now Cormier is.

John Jones has too many asterisks by his name
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************Jon Jones..

True..

Hind-sights 20/20....'cause sherdog was rife with people sayin' Ngannou was going to destroy Stipe, and then Stipe was the greatest ever, now Cormier is.

Cormier is an established great fighter.

Who did those other guys beat that weren’t over the hill?

The comparison difference is massive.

Cormier is an established great fighter.

Who did those other guys beat that weren’t over the hill?

The comparison difference is massive.
I'm not disagreeing that Cormier is the greater of the bunch, simply stating how quickly opinions change.

Wasn't Francis Ngannou a once in a lifetime fighter? Wasn't everybody terrified to fight him? Everybody kept saying that he would beat everybody at heavyweight just using his dick. All of the sudden Stipe's win against him doesn't mean shit? I can understand JDS and Overeem beign past their prime but his win over THAT Francis Ngannou is legit. And he won the title by beating the guy who took the title from Cain Velasquez by outclassing him standing and submitting him on the ground. He was a legit champion and who says he wasn't just doesn't know shit about MMA.

I think Stipe could beat DC if he used his jab to set up 1 2's & stay at range. He definitely has the footwork to do it. He seemed too comfortable clinching & wading in with power punches. I think maybe he thought that he could overpower DC.

I'm not disagreeing that Cormier is the greater of the bunch, simply stating how quickly opinions change.

Many idiots on here. I think half the people aren’t even watching the fights

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back