Gustafsson's Silence

MMAcolyte

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I saw that Jimi Manuwa tweeted out a big congrats to Latifi, but I find Gustafsson's silence to be quite conspicuous.

Obviously all three of them are going for the same fight, but you think Gus would publicly support his boy either way.

Alex is my favourite LHW but I think he just lost his spot in line to his teammate. Unless he wants to fight him for it, but I doubt that. Thoughts?

Alex will give Latifi a personal congrats when Latifi gets back home.

Latifi needs a #1 contender fight at the very least before he gets a title shot, although OSP is a nice win at LHW right now

Why do people have to have posted their congratulations on social media?

Latif is a grown ass man he doesn't need the congrats of his team mate .
Hell they might even have to fight for the vacated title should DC win the HW belt .

Why do people have to have posted their congratulations on social media?

...so that the fans have another avenue for baseless speculation and petty attacks on fighters?

Who cares about twitter. How about that choke tho. Jesus man, he could have juiced a bowling ball with that grip

Just to show a public front of unity for the team's sake I would think
and all that can just be a facade used to save face

edit - I don't have a problem with fighters showing unity , it's a good thing but it all can just be fake is the point I am making .

Latifi needs a #1 contender fight at the very least before he gets a title shot, although OSP is a nice win at LHW right now

I'd argue he's one of the best wins at LHW right now, and especially in that fashion. I personally scored the Volkan fight for OSP, and he's had a few nice wins lately.

Glover just beat Cirkunov, and I know he has a win over OSP from a couple years back, but I feel timing-wise OSP is at a better stage of his career now than Glover was last May when Alex beat him

I’m not grasping how Gus was not in DC’s grill within a day of DC’s last fight.

If you want it...You may have to chase it, eh.

You snooze you lose.

Alex is my favourite LHW but I think he just lost his spot in line to his teammate.

Its hilarious how desperately people try to find angles to say Gus is not the 1 contender. Now its Latifi who deserves a title shot more, lol.

Its hilarious how desperately people try to find angles to say Gus is not the 1 contender. Now its Latifi who deserves a title shot more, lol.

If you comb through my post history you'll find that Gustafsson is indeed one for my favourite fighters, and my favourite LHW.

But he never fights, it's the truth. Much as I'd love to see him win gold he needs to get active and wrack up more W's. I wanted the OSP fight for him.

If you comb through my post history you'll find that Gustafsson is indeed one for my favourite fighters, and my favourite LHW.

But he never fights, it's the truth. Much as I'd love to see him win gold he needs to get active and wrack up more W's. I wanted the OSP fight for him.

Gus is skill wise so far above of all the other "contenders" at LHW that you should have no need to find excuses to deny him a title shot. That is, if you want to see the champion defend his belt against the best possible competition. Gus fought 10 months ago and the only reason he cant fight for the belt in a couple of months is the champion moving up. No need for this "Latifi is next in line, OSP is next in line, Manuwa is next in line" crap from fans.

Latif is a grown ass man he doesn't need the congrats of his team mate .
Hell they might even have to fight for the vacated title should DC win the HW belt .

You think DC vacates 205 and stays at heavy if he beats Stipe? Could be a retirement fight for him potentially. He's not getting any younger!

LOL at idiots who think the entirety of a people's relationship has to be broadcast to the world through Twitter. Some people actually go outside some times, TS. Try it.

Back