Gustafsson vs Latifi for interim belt?

gus vs volkan or gus vs rockhold
if gus wins lets do cormier 2

Every fight should be for a belt
Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

I don't think Gus will fight Latifi. He should fight Volkan for King of Europe belt.

Make it Blachowitz vs top Control Hermannson for a real handsome looking title.

Latifi hasn't earned it yet.
He's only beaten one top10 fighter, and he hasn't looked that dominating.
Needs one more big win - at least.
You can't let him bypass others just cause he's the only one coming from a decent win.

Volkan has three top10 fights, so he's way ahead of Latifi. And the loss to to DC was expected, so it's not a disaster for his record. He's still clearly the no2 contender, behind Gus.

Last edited:
From the 6:23 mark Gustaffson says he would fight anyone in the division as long as its for the title. Latifi easily makes the most sense with Gust having beaten Glover & Oezdemir coming off a loss to DC. Gust also says he will only fight for an interim title and I have no doubts WME will be fine with that.

it should be shogun

the ufc is retarded

Latifi hasn't earned it yet.
He's only beaten one top10 fighter, and he hasn't looked that dominating.
Needs one more big win - at least.
You can't let him bypass others just cause he's the only one coming from a decent win.

Volkan has three top10 fights, so he's way ahead of Latifi. And the loss to to DC was expected, so it's not a disaster for his record. He's still clearly the no2 contender, behind Gus.
I think he shouldnt be ranked higher than Glover, but Gus vs Volkan makes sense.

Back