Gus won't fight if it's not for the interim belt

It seems a lot of fighters stop fighting or fight very little in their prime....I don't get it.

Because they want "money fights" apparently.

Yet they don't seem to realize that if they're not active they're not going to be a draw.

I like Gus but he doesnt deserve a title shot yet.

Well DC will retire and Gus will be champ anyway so this is probably the right move for him.

Alexander "The Diva" Gustafsson

Ok Gus, you have to fight Rumble again for interm belt. Five days later.....What do you mean you are hurt Gus?

He can't think that the UFC would actually go for this. THEY were the ones that pushed for the Stipe - DC fight. THEY don't think he's worthy of a title shot.

He's going to waste his entire prime.

What a little baby. I remember when Tito wouldn't fight Chuck so Chuck just KO'ed everybody in sight so Tito didn't have a choice. That's what he needs to be doing. The division is weak as hell right now too, go out and beat some dudes up and you'll have no issue get a title fight.

Man, it's been amazing to watch Gus's popularity plummet.

Dude was a legend around here after the Jones fight.

Now, he's quickly approaching joke status.
Gus is always one win away from fanbois crawling back

Why does he think he's so entitled?
Who has he beat?

His entire career is based off a close loss. All he does is cry now.
Rumble wrecked him forever.

Well, I think it's safe to say DC will retire after the Stipe fight. It's either that, or one last HW fight in case he would win.

They may just as well book a fight for the interim title at LHW then. I think it would be a good solution for the division.

He's going to waste his entire prime.

meh hes got other stuff he can fill his time with

Alexander-Gustafsson-girlfriend-Moa-Antonia-Johansson-pictures.jpg

I really don't get why he has so many fans on here

Ever since that Jones fight he's whined and complained about title shots and he fights once a year.
That being said, let's get Gus vs Volkan

He got a title fight off a tko loss. Chill out gus

Well, I think it's safe to say DC will retire after the Stipe fight. It's either that, or one last HW fight in case he would win.

They may just as well book a fight for the interim title at LHW then. I think it would be a good solution for the division.
Unless DC is seriously hurt I don't think you could be more wrong, DC said multiple times he's retirement will be in march around his 40th and wants to get in as many good fights as he can for his legacy. I'm expecting a nov/Dec fight and a Mar retirement bout.

The UFC I don't think should bow to gus demands especially if he get to pick someone like rocksalt as the interm oponent. AND if Gus wins an interm title what's his plan then? defend it? obviously he goes right back to the couch sitting out for a title shot or free title. If the ufc does need a headliner of Interm LHW championship IMO it better force swede on swede Gus vs Latifi.

The UFC loves to make pointless interim belts because they think the more belts on a poster the more PPVs you sell

So I don't think this is actually that crazy a request from Gus

Crazy to think he deserves it or that they need one. But not crazy to ask for it because they might actually give it to him lol

How many times has Gus fought in the last 3 years??? I don't think he is in any position to be dictating what happens with fights.

How many times has Gus fought in the last 3 years??? I don't think he is in any position to be dictating what happens with fights.
Shouldn't the #2 guy coming off a win over the #3 guy have the right to a TS?

I've always wanted to see top fighters who beats other top fighters get rewarded. Those fighters you know can deliver to us fans a great fight.

I guess we're all different, and that some people want UFC to be like WWE.

Shouldn't the #2 guy coming off a win over the #3 guy have the right to a TS?

I've always wanted to see top fighters who beats other top fighters get rewarded. Those fighters you know can deliver to us fans a great fight.

I guess we're all different, and that some people want UFC to be like WWE.
Are you saying that you want UFC to be more like WWE? Where guys can sit out and use their name to get titles.
One fight over another guy sitting out and just keep have the same title matches over and over while keeping the rest of the talent down by never fighting them. The rankings are flawed that threw inactivity these guys stay highly ranked without fights because if you don't fight you can't lose and can be #2 for years.

Back