Gus vs Glover official for UFC Stockholm + other announced fights

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
w0bm4EytGnc.jpg

IC3HEtcMU5k.jpg

Hopefully Camozzi wins so we can see Camozzi vs Jacare III

I Guess Glover and Gus had to fight one day..

Don't care about the HW's, but the rest are interesting match-up's.

Will the event start at a normal hour this time?

Gus/Glover is a great fight, pumped to see it.

But what's the deal with Cedenblad? He was semi-pro for a while doing interviews as well and since he made it to the UFC he's fought rarely. 5 years and this will be his 7th fight, 6th in Europe. He's pretty good despite his last loss, had Carmont in a full RNC in his debut before winning 4 in a row. So what's the deal with Europe-only cards and fighting once a year?

Gus/Glover is a great fight, pumped to see it.

But what's the deal with Cedenblad? He was semi-pro for a while doing interviews as well and since he made it to the UFC he's fought rarely. 5 years and this will be his 7th fight, 6th in Europe. He's pretty good despite his last loss, had Carmont in a full RNC in his debut before winning 4 in a row. So what's the deal with Europe-only cards and fighting once a year?
He's injury prone. That's why. During his last fight with Jack Marshman he broke his eye socket, so he was blind on one eye and lost the "momentum" he had, to get beat up instead. He couldn't see for days afterwards.

He's injury prone. That's why. During his last fight with Jack Marshman he broke his eye socket, so he was blind on one eye and lost the "momentum" he had, to get beat up instead. He couldn't see for days afterwards.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if wants to more active in general?

Man, Gustafsson's reputation is really at stake in this one.

Would like to see a j cannonier vs latifi match up added. Would be a good fight

If this is on at Swedish prime time I'm surprised they didn't opt for the tele 2 arena again. If its on American TV time then I can understand them not being so ambitious.

Good shit. Tele2arena is just 20 minutes away from my home but my friends aren't MMA fans :(

Guess imma have to go alone

I went to the last Stockholm event with a dude who was on the fence about MMA. Turned out the card was a total snooze fest, Gus got destroyed in one round, the time was like 6 in the morning and the weather was just terrible that morning. My mom kicked me out the same day too

A disaster but i'll never forget it lol. Something i can look back at and laugh

Thanks for the info. Do you know if wants to more active in general?
Yeah, I definitely think so. He was rehabbing all of 2015 after having surgeries. So he must have been frustrated with this happening in his last fight.

But now he's getting up there in age too, so who knows what's gonna happen. He probably wants to be more active, but maybe it's not realistic at this point?

Yeah, I definitely think so. He was rehabbing all of 2015 after having surgeries. So he must have been frustrated with this happening in his last fight.

But now he's getting up there in age too, so who knows what's gonna happen. He probably wants to be more active, but maybe it's not realistic at this point?
Yeah I don't know with those injuries. Age depends on a lot of things. I thought he was pretty good, a surprise like Reza of those signings back then.

Hopefully Mairbek Taisumov can get a good fight on this card, the UFC offered Anthony Pettis the fight but Runtime didn't sign it.

Good shit. Tele2arena is just 20 minutes away from my home but my friends aren't MMA fans :(

Guess imma have to go alone

I went to the last Stockholm event with a dude who was on the fence about MMA. Turned out the card was a total snooze fest, Gus got destroyed in one round, the time was like 6 in the morning and the weather was just terrible that morning. My mom kicked me out the same day too

A disaster but i'll never forget it lol. Something i can look back at and laugh
That event was pretty damn good in my opinion. Had that 7 second TKO by Makwan aswell.

Back