Media Gus vs bones 1. Am i missing something?

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score

2nd time watching this fight. This time on mute without rogan in my ear.

Yes one of Jon Jones hardest fight. But still clear that he won it.

Nothing really happens before midway into round 4. Jon Jones find his timing on his elbows. And gets gus in some real trouble..

Round 5 was again close. But again Jon Jones finding a home for his elbows. He could also keep spamming his left head kick at gus. Who had no answer for it. Other then just eating it with a lazy block.

At the end of the last round jon jones lands a nice flying knee.

Gus also gassed midway into the last round..

So Yeah. Close fight. But clear victory to Jones.

And i am a Scandinavian .

Correct on all your points.

1) Gus
2) Jones
3) Gus
4) Jones
5) Jones

easy 48-47. No controversy.

When watching it at the time I remember saying "I think we have a new champion". Maybe some of that was due to Rogans commentary, but Gus definitely showed up that fight.

Let me put it this way.

If Bochniak won 2/3 rounds vs Dawodu then Gus definitely won 3/5 vs Jones.

So... Nothing happened in rounds 1-3 and Jones took 4 clearly and 5 was close.

That’s why Jones was hospitalized right?

For that nothing in the 1st 3

I’m no Scandinavian

Agree.

You would have to be pretty dumb to bet against Jones for #2.

A lot of people were hoping and praying for Jon to lose so that clouded their judgement.

close fight by jones fans dictionary means he lost.
Using word "but" before explaining how gus won most of the fight also means by jones fans dictionary he lost.
And finally saying "clear victory" by jones fans dictionary means he lost decisively.
Oh forgot, saying you are scandinavian means you are a traitor.
Am i missing something?

It was a closer fight than many expected, but people are rewriting history when acting like the decision could have gone either way. Between judges and play by plays, it was 16 in favor of Jones and one in favor of Gus.

He won but you can't say shit like nothing happening til mid round 4 lol. Jon was grasping for oxygen, bleeding and being outboxed.

Gus was on his way to winning the fight until Jones rocked him with that elbow, which decided the outcome of the decision. No controversy from my view either, and at the time I despised Jones.

I'll have to watch it again, but I remember I had Jones winning solely based on one elbow. Thats about as close as you can get.

It was a very close fight with a clear winner. It happens sometimes. The elbow in round 4 was the pivotal moment in the fight as Jones was losing the round before the elbow that rocked Gus.

1) Gus
2) Jones
3) Gus
4) Jones
5) Jones

He won but you can't say shit like nothing happening til mid round 4 lol. Jon was grasping for oxygen, bleeding and being outboxed.

Gus cut him by a punch that did not land clean in the very first round. That kept looking worse as the fight went on.

Jon Jones also never tried to back away from the fight. Gus had many moments where he looked worried and scared. In th clinch or when Jones cut him off with better footwork.

Agree.

Not necessarily. If Jones is drug free, it might be a tough come-back fight. Most fighters have looked bad in their first fight after a drug suspension.

First and third were Gus. Fourth and fifth were clearly Jones. All comes down to how you scored round two which was close but IMO belonged to Jones.

Agree.

Not if you were sure that Jones was off steroids for the past year. Then it's not a bad bet.

But if anyone believes he clean, then I have a bridge to sell them. Jones via UD.

Remember its the same guys saying diaz lost vs condit...

Yah I pretty much saw the same thing. I watched the fight live the first time and thought either guy got it, I was leaning towards Gus. For 5 years this was seen as a robbery so I finally watched the fight for a second time a few weeks ago and thought Jones pretty clearly won 3-2 (2,4 and 5 for Jones). Close fight but Jon got it.

I do have Gus winning the rematch though.

Its a bad fight to bet. I wanted to bet on Gus but Vegas didnt make him a big enough underdog.
Not necessarily. If Jones is drug free, it might be a tough come-back fight. Most fighters have looked bad in their first fight after a drug suspension.
Not if you were sure that Jones was off steroids for the past year. Then it's not a bad bet.

But if anyone believes he clean, then I have a bridge to sell them. Jones via UD.
Yeah, I picked Gus on an AV bet here.
that post was for @BC

Should be a close fight again, agree.

Back