Gus Injured and Out of UFC 227

I'm sure Gus will get some low level fight next, win and then demand a title shot.

I like Gus but this is getting ridiculous. He barely fights once a year now while making title demands. He has fought more than twice a year since 2011.

Who gives a fuck any more? He never fights and loses all the big fights he gets gifted. UFC should announce tomorrow that Smith vs Gus would be for the title they're stripping from DC and we'll see how quickly his 'injury' heals up.

I knew gus was going to pull out, and go back to the twitter call outs, said it when rockhold whent down he wouldn't be on this card. With shogun dead it probably pays off too DC V Gus ufc 230.

I'm not bothered, because I'm really looking forward to Gustafsson vs Velasquez in year 2045, I can't wait.

I think he was waiting to see who won this fight and if Shogun won and could make the turnaround he'd fight him since he is a big name. But since Shogun lost he is pulling out because he doesn't want to have to fight anyone that isn't a big name.
<36> shogun was NEVER fighting gus, dc was gonna hand him a title shot and u think he'd risk that for gus on short notice at his age.<36>

Hope he retires with financial regret, waste away those prime years and lose out all the paydays

Why does he deserve it? A 2 fight winning streak over a 2 yr period? He’s 2-2 in his last 4 and 3-3 in his last 6. No place to be calling your shots

Who the hell is calculating time periods between fights?

Ortega vs Stephen's to fill in for the interim belt. Max is going to be out A WHILE.

I just posted on Instagram that Gus wouldn’t take that fight.

This dude is just playing it too fucking safe. His spent his prime on the sidelines calling for rematches he didn’t deserve.
This. It seems that due to his fight with Jones, he feels entitled to a title shot all the time.

That's his problem there, he wants a title shot but can't even stay fit

I love how he's suddenly injured.
It's so fake that it's funny.

Gus will be on Helwani's show today. I'll put up a thread in a little bit. Good line up today including Fedor, Anderson, Sonnen and Gus among others.

Back