Gus doesn’t even deserve a title shot

Why is he clearly the number one contender? Because he beat Glover over 14 months ago ? Does time just stand still if you don’t fight? Corey Anderson just beat Glover yesterday

I'm not quite sure if you're aware of how this works, but obviously if you beat someone when they had less losses and were higher ranked it is the better win than if you beat them after they've suffered more losses and dropped lower in the rankings.

Corey got a good win when he beat Glover. Gus got a better win when he did it before Corey though.

Now is a perfect time to just let the lhw division develop and let Cormier fight at heavyweight. Lhw has no deserving contender and it a pathetic shit show anyway . Something is not always better than nothing.

What do you mean let things develop? Gus was supposed to fight #2 Volkan before Volkan dropped out. They were supposed to develop but Volkan's got a broken nose and won't be fighting for awhile. Gus is the #1 contender, both in fact by rankings and reality. It's silly to say otherwise.

Also, why the fuck would you let things "develop" if Cormier only has 8 months left in the sport? Either Cormier is defending this year like he said he would or at worst he's gone by next year and they need a new champion. So why the fuck would you schedule a fight to eliminate contenders now? Either the contender is fighting the champion or the contenders are fighting each other to be the new one. You don't have contenders fight for contendership at this point.

If DC wants money fights just do it and have at it, but don't pretend contenders should just be fighting away at each other to keep them occupied because DC wants bigger payday fights. There's no need to be two faced and a hypocrite.

If Gus wants to secure a shot he should take on all challengers and fight as much as he can.

If he's afraid to fight because he might lose, then he doesn't deserve to be the champion. Simple.

Ok. Why is Mighty Mouse still champion (and considered p4p #2) then?
Your double standards are sickening!

I’d really love to know why gus believes he is so deserving of a title shot and is acting so high and mighty?

Lets take a look-

1) Only fought once last year?- check

2)Only fought once the year before? -check

3)only fought twice the year before that and lost them both ( Cormier and Johnson ) check.

Am I missing something?

The guy hasn’t fought more than twice in one year since 2011 and has basically fought once a year most of the time.

He’s 3-3 in his last 6 fights and those 6 fights have taken him almost 5 years to compete.

Gus's happiest day was when AJ retired because that was the only way in hell he was every going to sniff the LHW belt again

I'm not quite sure if you're aware of how this works, but obviously if you beat someone when they had less losses and were higher ranked it is the better win than if you beat them after they've suffered more losses and dropped lower in the rankings.

Corey got a good win when he beat Glover. Gus got a better win when he did it before Corey though.

What do you mean let things develop? Gus was supposed to fight #2 Volkan before Volkan dropped out. They were supposed to develop but Volkan's got a broken nose and won't be fighting for awhile. Gus is the #1 contender, both in fact by rankings and reality. It's silly to say otherwise.

Also, why the fuck would you let things "develop" if Cormier only has 8 months left in the sport? Either Cormier is defending this year like he said he would or at worst he's gone by next year and they need a new champion. So why the fuck would you schedule a fight to eliminate contenders now? Either the contender is fighting the champion or the contenders are fighting each other to be the new one. You don't have contenders fight for contendership at this point.

If DC wants money fights just do it and have at it, but don't pretend contenders should just be fighting away at each other to keep them occupied because DC wants bigger payday fights. There's no need to be two faced and a hypocrite.
Clearly you don’t actually read things fully else you would know my views on this. I’m not going through it all again.

Gus has been in line for a title shot for a long long time. It all started when Jones ducked him deliberately, then the fight with DC for the interim belt which was very close. From there on he lost only to Rumble who also got his title shot TWICE and lost both times. Alex has been sitting out in the meantime. He's up there for title contention, make no mistake about it. If Rumble can get it twice so should Gus.

Anthony Johnson beat Phil Davis,little nog and gus to claim his first title shot at dc.

He kod manuwa, bader and Teixeira in a row to earn his second shot at dc.

Since losing to jones gus beat manuwa and was then kod by rumble. He gained his title shot at dc coming off of a ko loss to rumble.

Now he’s beaten Jan Blachowicz and Teixeira but practically years ago.

Do you see any difference here ?

His fights with Jones and DC showed he is at their level. That's enough for me. I want to see the most challenging contenders, not just throwing Shogun in there because he was on a win streak.
No one wanted shogun in there but dc. That’s not what this thread is about.

Damn, lighten up on Gus. He’s still recovering from a torn vagina.

I love Gus as much as the next guy and he has put on two incredible performances with DC/Jon Jones but the guy barely fights and he always demanding a title shot ever since he fought JJ. Keep in mind the UFC still gave him a title shot after getting smashed by Rumble Johsnon.

I’d really love to know why gus believes he is so deserving of a title shot and is acting so high and mighty?

Lets take a look-

1) Only fought once last year?- check

2)Only fought once the year before? -check

3)only fought twice the year before that and lost them both ( Cormier and Johnson ) check.

Am I missing something?

The guy hasn’t fought more than twice in one year since 2011 and has basically fought once a year most of the time.

He’s 3-3 in his last 6 fights and those 6 fights have taken him almost 5 years to compete.
Exactly. He sounds very whinny lately

Why is he clearly the number one contender? Because he beat Glover over 14 months ago ? Does time just stand still if you don’t fight? Corey Anderson just beat Glover yesterday
He's already fought for the title twice and put up very contentious fights. He arguably beat jones. He lost to rumble then beat Glover and I want to say maybe someone else before that. He earned his title shot a long time ago and has proved ever since then that he's on same lvl as the champ. Corey Anderson hasn't done a damn thing besides that Glover fight. Tell me who is clearly ranked above Gus that isn't the champ?

He's already fought for the title twice and put up very contentious fights. He arguably beat jones. He lost to rumble then beat Glover and I want to say maybe someone else before that. He earned his title shot a long time ago and has proved ever since then that he's on same lvl as the champ. Corey Anderson hasn't done a damn thing besides that Glover fight. Tell me who is clearly ranked above Gus that isn't the champ?
Have you actually read my other posts in this thread. I’ve made my case and points very clear as to why already

Have you actually read my other posts in this thread. I’ve made my case and points very clear as to why already
Bro are you retarded? Why what? I didn't ask a question about the why of ANYTHING. I had one question. Tell me WHO is ranked above Gus that isn't the champ?

Bro are you retarded? Why what? I didn't ask a question about the why of ANYTHING. I had one question. Tell me WHO is ranked above Gus that isn't the champ?

Jon Jones is ranked second to the champ. Use Your Brain more instead of just your mouth.hes already had two title shots and failed them both. Your words. I have already said he never even deserved the one against dc . He was coming from a knock out loss you retard that’s WHY.he gets knocked out and gets a title shot, does that sound right to you ?
He has had just two wins since his last title shot and hasn’t fought since last may. How should rankings work ? How can you stay ranked if you never fight ?

I also already said WHY I don’t believe he should get a title shot. I don’t believe anyone should just get a title shot for the sake of being the best of a shit bunch of fighters. NO ONE deserves a shot I said.so why are you asking me who is ranked higher? And you call me a tard lol

What can’t you understand? You either haven’t read shit or are special in the brain

Last edited:
Gus' best win is Glover Texeira. He's still living off a close loss to a Jon Jones that wasn't even training properly. I like Gus, but he'd make a terrible champion because we'd rarely get to see the belt defended.

Alexander Gustafsson's most notable wins: Jan and Glover.
Corey Anderson's: Jan and Glover.
Enough BS, give the title shot to Anderson

Back