Gus doesn’t even deserve a title shot

True, but is anyone in the lhw division deserving of a title shot?

I have to wonder if that's what Gus banks on and why he doesn't fight very often. His biggest win is probably still Shogun from six years ago. He's gonna ride those two close losses to Jones and DC till he finally wins one.

Given how seldom he fights, If he fought and lost to someone lower ranked, he'd probably have a hard time ever sniffing another title shot.

How many times it has to be told that Gus was already out of 227 before Shogun and Smith fought..
BS. Rashad's snicker at the announcement basically shows what everyone knows.

All the information is coming straight from an unbiased source: Gus's own camp. I bet you right now if the UFC told Gus you can fight Smith for the interim title at 228 his "injury" would suddenly be fine.

BS. Rashad's snicker at the announcement basically shows what everyone knows.

All the information is coming straight from an unbiased source: Gus's own camp. I bet you right now if the UFC told Gus you can fight Smith for the interim title at 228 his "injury" would suddenly be fine.

Just one time before he got called out by Smith would have been enough.

Gus's injury was first made public by John Morgan, just minutes after Shogun vs Smith fight. Basically Gus would have had to send a text immediately after the fight and straight to Morgan for your haters theory hold any chance to be true. Instead Morgan said in his tweet his sources were "multiple UFC officials", which should clearly tell you Gus had been out of 227 more than 10 minutes at that point. And Ariel already confirmed later Gus had been out since Friday, so stop spreading your bullshit lies. You dont even care about the truth, you just want to bash Gus.

Gus's injury was first made public by John Morgan, just minutes after Shogun vs Smith fight. Basically Gus would have had to send a text immediately after the fight and straight to Morgan for your haters theory hold any chance to be true. Instead Morgan said in his tweet his sources were "multiple UFC officials", which should clearly tell you Gus had been out of 227 more than 10 minutes at that point. And Ariel already confirmed later Gus had been out since Friday, so stop spreading your bullshit lies. You dont even care about the truth, you just want to bash Gus.

So not a single media member mentions this in 48 hours? No one on Alex’s social media team puts it out there? It’s not like that card was not being discussed, it was in the news. Here is how this went. Alex and his people aren’t happy with the 227 options (shocker) so they don’t publicly pull out, but they tell the UFC he has a “minor injury” that may take him out of consideration. Smith calls him out and now their hand is forced and it’s a hard out.

Even if I am wrong and you are 100% correct on this. The guy hasn’t fought since May 2017. The idea that he is entitled to a championship fight or an interim title is ridiculous.

So not a single media member mentions this in 48 hours? No one on Alex’s social media team puts it out there? It’s not like that card was not being discussed, it was in the news. Here is how this went. Alex and his people aren’t happy with the 227 options (shocker) so they don’t publicly pull out, but they tell the UFC he has a “minor injury” that may take him out of consideration. Smith calls him out and now their hand is forced and it’s a hard out.

Even if I am wrong and you are 100% correct on this. The guy hasn’t fought since May 2017. The idea that he is entitled to a championship fight or an interim title
is ridiculous.

tenor.gif

Jesus. Why don’t you dislodge Gus’s penis from your throat

fighters ranking should be adjusted for inactivity. Weidman is doing the same thing. Hes going to sit on his win from last year and demanding a title shot while others are currently fighting in his division and knocking one another off.

He’s the #1 ranked fighter in the division, coming off wins over #5 and #3. How does he not deserve a title shot?

Stop with the fake narrative that Gus is undeserving. DC wanted to fight fucking #8 who didn’t have anywhere near as high as wins, and suddenly STFU about defending his LHW belt when #8 got KO’d by an unranked MW.

Just come out and say DC only wants what he sees are easy pay days. But stop with this narrative that the best ranked fighter in the division isn’t the #1 contender.

“DC only wants what he sees are easy pay days”??? You think he thought Stipe was an easy payday?-_-

fighters ranking should be adjusted for inactivity. Weidman is doing the same thing. Hes going to sit on his win from last year and demanding a title shot while others are currently fighting in his division and knocking one another off.
Exactly. Gus beat Glover 14 months ago and is still the number one contender. Corey Anderson beat him yesterday

Did Conor deserve to jump the line after losing to a useless Nate Diaz twice?

ofc not, but this is not really a sport, is it?

“DC only wants what he sees are easy pay days”??? You think he thought Stipe was an easy payday?-_-

I obviously meant that DC wants easy paydays NOW, seeing as that's what he himself has been saying this entire time. Stipe was his last real fight to pursue greatness by achieving dual champ status, the next 8 months is for making bank and cherry picking.

Only his fans are oddly saying otherwise.

I’m a Gus fan and agree he needs another win before he fights for the title. Only legit way I see him fighting for a strap next is if they scrap together an interim LHW title fight between him and Volkan which neither deserve.
Exactly. Cormier handled volkan with ease not too long ago

Just like to point out that this Gus issue wouldn’t be an issue if the UFC addressed the rankings and set standard requirements on champions. Rankings should reward being active and penalize fighters that don’t fight. For me, Gus isn’t even in the top 10. He hasn’t fought in over a year. Also if there was a set time period in which Champions have to defend their title, we could also do away with this ridiculous strip DC crap.

By the way, DC defended the title a month before Gus’s last fight, and has fought twice at lhw and once at heavyweight since Gus’s last fight.

<[analyzed}>

Did Conor deserve to jump the line after losing to a useless Nate Diaz twice?

ofc not, but this is not really a sport, is it?
That’s not how business works though. Conor is a huge ppv draw and gus is a flop. You can’t expect the same privileges when you don’t bring in the cheddar.

Conor also was very active back in the day and would take on late replacements and not pull out with injuries mysteriously

Dude!????? did you not see that one time he did pretty decent against the champ in that one fight like 6 years ago? He did great for 3 rounds before turning his back and running away from the fight for the last 10 minutes! GIVE HIM INFINITE TITLE SHOTS!

He deserves it because you can't come up with another candidate that deserves it more
If he doesn't fight Gus what is the alternative?
Hanging onto the title until he retires?...Fun!

But Brock and Shogun do....

Eventually the fans who've gone full retard on this subject will realize this isn't about picking sides. It's about what's right. Gus is DC's most difficult match up left on the roster, and there are no true #1 contenders right now. We all know Gus fights like a motherfucker and it will be an incredible fight.

DC is truly ducking him and it's shocking.

I obviously meant that DC wants easy paydays NOW, seeing as that's what he himself has been saying this entire time. Stipe was his last real fight to pursue greatness by achieving dual champ status, the next 8 months is for making bank and cherry picking.

Only his fans are oddly saying otherwise.

NOW he can do as he pleases. Did his time, fought the best available lost and won against the best.

Also I do care much for DC I’m sure if you have a lot of time in your hands you can find my post history proves that. I don’t like how whiny he can be but he’s still not as whiny as Gus.

Back