***Gurdarshan "Saint Lion" Mangat SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do for strength and conditioning?

I have a pretty diverse training program but its a mixture of high endurance cardio thru track and field, swimming, high endurance cardio circuits but honestly most of my conditioning comes from rolling, sparring, pads.

Was about to go to sleep and realised I forgot to ask the most important question!

What are your favourite choons to listen to when you're training?

I listened to new the Zara Larsson album today, google it and give ti a play, it's bloody terrific!

I'm always posting on my instastory and snapchat @saintlion beats i listen to . I'm huge visualizer on Epic Music, so music soundtracks for visualization, but to calm down for the day I'm a big drake fan and can't wait till the new album drops tomorrow. but ill def check that out also!

How many Stone Cold Stunners were you handing out on the daily when you were in school?

What's your favorite submission and striking technique?

my record seems to love rnc so i will go with rnc. striking technique, i don't have a preference , i aim to like any that get the job done but being southpaw, the cross is important.

I'm a big drake fan and can't wait till the new album drops tomorrow
2926xr5.jpg

How many Stone Cold Stunners were you handing out on the daily when you were in school?

hahaha in my head i was handing out couple hundred as i looked at everyone but in reality just to the volunteers . we were huge www fans and use to plan matches all the time. we even had a hardcore belt passed around lol rules was you could show up wherever whenever but with a ref and win the belt, so onetime i got home from school and someone knocked on my door, and my dad ws drinking tea upstairs and some kid dragged me to the front lawn , stunnered me , had his friend ref and won the belt lol

hahaha in my head i was handing out couple hundred as i looked at everyone but in reality just to the volunteers . we were huge www fans and use to plan matches all the time. we even had a hardcore belt passed around lol rules was you could show up wherever whenever but with a ref and win the belt, so onetime i got home from school and someone knocked on my door, and my dad ws drinking tea upstairs and some kid dragged me to the front lawn , stunnered me , had his friend ref and won the belt lol
Holy shit this is one of the best things i've ever read! :D :D

2 part question:

1) Have you ever just wanted to disappear?

2) what's your favourite Lethal Weapon (it should be 1 or 4)?

Are there any aspects of being a fighter that you dislike? For example, how do you find weight cutting, I know some fighters hate it and really struggle with it.

I would have to say the weight cut aspect of it , and also possibly the financial side of it. i think fighters are some of the most well versed complete athletes, sacrifice so much , go through so much per fight etc and aren't compensated as such. many become slaves to the trade and thats all they remain , unless you understand business , i think many will remain in that spot and never even make possibly 6 figures thru their entire career .

2 part question:

1) Have you ever just wanted to disappear?

2) what's your favourite Lethal Weapon (it should be 1 or 4)?

ya i disappear on my opponents wen I'm choking them out lol
honestly I've never completely finished any of them , I've started them all and never finished one lol

I'm always posting on my instastory and snapchat @saintlion beats i listen to . I'm huge visualizer on Epic Music, so music soundtracks for visualization, but to calm down for the day I'm a big drake fan and can't wait till the new album drops tomorrow. but ill def check that out also!

Same here! Drake is a modern day GOAT.

Weston Road Flows is probably my favourite song of his.

this was a sort of new one too

Dat riddum and dat beat.

As someone who's trained with Demetrious...is he way better than we all as fans realize? Which...is already really friggin good...hah

ya i disappear on my opponents wen I'm choking them out lol
honestly I've never completely finished any of them , I've started them all and never finished one lol
You need to end this q n a immediately and go binge watch yourself some Murtah and Riggs pronto.

As someone who's trained with Demetrious...is he way better than we all as fans realize? Which...is already really friggin good...hah
yes he is amazing! so technical so fast. Headed down tomorrow morning to train with him and always a very fast paced heart attack pace with him but always grateful of it. amazing person overall as a fighter and family man .

how often do you hang with Russell peters?

russell is a busy guy , we all are. but i have gone and stayed with him in malibu for a week and me and my fiancee went down also in the summer down to see him and his fiancee. he is a huge supporter, definitely a huge fight fan! we stay in touch over whatsapp

thank you for joining me on this ! was a lot of fun and first for me . follow me on my journey on instagram/twitter @saintlion. and hope you are inspired by it and keep on the good path!

Thanks a bunch, Gary!! Best of luck to you with your career & all else. Was great to have you!

thank you for joining me on this ! was a lot of fun and first for me . follow me on my journey on instagram/twitter @saintlion. and hope you are inspired by it and keep on the good path!
Good man.

Thanks for stopping by & giving us your time, mate. You can't fake authenticity & it's clear you have it in spades. Good luck on your journey, Gurdarshan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back