Guns...who's packin'?

Here's a pic of my MAADI AK-47 and my Mossberg 500 I recently picked up.

Paid $300 for the AK and $310 for the Mossberg.
21c4439b.jpg

Nice deal on the AK, I have the same one I believe.

Just picked this up a couple of days ago.

404174_10151123830485217_670280216_22290230_2050759964_n.jpg

Ima buy a 1911 in the next two weeks...not sure which one yet

I figure since I already own a Glock, I need another popularly argued about gun.

Ima buy a 1911 in the next two weeks...not sure which one yet

I figure since I already own a Glock, I need another popularly argued about gun.

STI, S&W, RIA, Ruger, SIG, SA, Kimber(though I hear reviewers their quality control has drastically declined of late), Colt(1911 production has come back and series 80s are still around), all have competitively priced models. Personally, I would avoid Para and go with an STI, S&W, SA, or SIG, but of course, that's a choice you'll have to make for yourself.

I'm sure you already know, but some don't: SA=Springfield Armory(I hear their 1911 quality control issues have been resolved).

I really want to go with a Dan Wesson or a Fusion but I will probably get a S&W E series. I have the money for the Dan Wesson or Fusion, just haven't been putting in enough range time to justify spending 1100-1800.

I think I can get the full size E series for under 800 which satisfy my 1911 need and then trade up when I start shooting more again. STI would probably be my second choice. I can get good deals on the sig tacpac but something about sig 1911's isn't right for me. It's not the extractor, since I am fine with the smith, just some weird offness to it.

I really want to go with a Dan Wesson or a Fusion but I will probably get a S&W E series. I have the money for the Dan Wesson or Fusion, just haven't been putting in enough range time to justify spending 1100-1800.

I think I can get the full size E series for under 800 which satisfy my 1911 need and then trade up when I start shooting more again. STI would probably be my second choice. I can get good deals on the sig tacpac but something about sig 1911's isn't right for me. It's not the extractor, since I am fine with the smith, just some weird offness to it.

The E Series are getting great reviews. My dad's looking for the SC E Series but cant find one anywhete. I know what you mean on the SIGs. If I wasn't a certified SIG nuthugger, I wouldn't give them a second look. But, they grew on me, especially this one(though it's still not quite right).
1911-Carry-Scorpion-detail-R.jpg

It's the horizontal lines on the slide and slide shape imo. It just makes it look too sig for me and not enough 1911.

I am just looking for the full size all steel e series, already have carry guns. I am going to have a look next week and see what I can scratch up.

We got a big local store here that is usually at the low end of prices you would find online.

That's what it is. The slide is too square.

I wish we had a big shop. The "big" shop here is still pretty weak. I get an LE discount, but there's not a big selection. They pretty much have the "mainstream" guns, if you will. I end up having to go to Tulsa for the huge gun show if I want something a little different, and that's a 3-4 hour drive and I have a V8. Not convenient at all.

I want a damn Coonan Classic. .357 Magnum 1911.
coonan1.jpg

Last edited:
I guess Sig is now making 1911's with a more traditional shape now. They also still offer the sig shaped ones. Weird.

They should just expand their lineup of p210's and forget about sig shaped 1911's

Yes... I am sure they could do that gun for 1200

As much of a fan as I am of .357 Magnum, my preferred flavour of "magnum" calibre 1911s, or semi auto designs for that matter, is 10 mm.

New purchase

They didn't have an e-series so I took it up a few notches

IMG_20120102_121455-1.jpg

Classy, it looks to have just enough "modern" 1911 features without departing too much from the A1s or having too much gaudy roll marks.

Back