Gunnar Nelson vs Alex "Cowboy" Oliveira

CBohl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Damn this is a hard one to call

I think im leaning towards Oliviera by TKO. Brazilian Cowboy always brings it.

Discuss

Nelson has to be one of the most overhyped prospects of the past five years. You had all the "anti-murican rassler" nerds all over his sack because he was from an obscure country, had a retarded looking fighting style, practiced KADA-tehhhhhhhhh, and had that ridiculously dumb, void expression (or lack thereof) on his face a la Fedor, that people mistake for some sort of silent humility.

Going with "Jacked" Gunnar

Nelson has to be one of the most overhyped prospects of the past five years. You had all the "anti-murican rassler" nerds all over his sack because he was from an obscure country, had a retarded looking fighting style, practiced KADA-tehhhhhhhhh, and had that ridiculously dumb, void expression (or lack thereof) on his face a la Fedor, that people mistake for some sort of silent humility.
and most important of all, buddies with mcgregor

Tough fight to predict but I think Gunnar takes it. Looking forward to this one.

I won a shitload of money on Maia when he beat him and then gave it all back betting on aldo. 194 weekend was the best time I’ve ever had in Vegas

Cerrone managed to dominate and submit Oliveira in a single round. I have no doubt that Nelson can do the same.

Damn this is a hard one to call

I think im leaning towards Oliviera by TKO. Brazilian Cowboy always brings it.

Discuss
I think you're on to something...

As long as my dude doesn't get himself in a Condit round 1 type situation, he should KO Gunnar stiff.

I would favour Gunnar here but he's been off for a while and I'm not sure how he's gonna perform. He looks to be in great shape but that doesn't always tell the whole story. I'll stick with Gunnar by UD.

Gunnar should win pretty easily outside of a massive punch from Cowboy

What's obscure about Iceland?

I went with Gunnar but this is such a hard fight to predict.

What's obscure about Iceland?

Nothing, but to the average suburban murican MMA fan, namely the JMMA/Pride/anti UFC marks, for all the reasons I just listed, Nelson was bound to be a darling amongst that pathetic crowd

Nothing, but to the average murican suburban MMA fan, namely the JMMA/Pride/anti UFC marks, Nelson was bound to attract all sorts of pathetic hype

Had to do more about the fact that he was doing great in adcc at such a young age but everyone knew he had a karate background and wanted to persue mma . And to people that think he was only ever hyped because of his associate with McGregor - he was a prospect long before McGregor was and had been seen on prospect watch lists for yearsssss

I don't think Nelson will have much trouble with him.

Back