Gunnar Nelson vs Alex Cowboy Oliveira Set for UFC 231

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fuck ya Brazilian cowboy!!!! Called that shit,got cowboy Rd 1 ko, idk just got a feeling

That is a seriously solid matchup. I'm gonna go with Gunnar Nelson. I can't believe he's been in the UFC since 2012.

It feels like it wasn't that long ago that he was this crazy Icelandic phenom prospect.

Damn wanted to see Gunnar fight Luque, Would be much softer matchup for him. Cowboy might hurt him badly I'm afraid

Great matchup.
Look I like Gunny a lot. But he hasn't fought in awhile and Olivera has looked vicious lately. If Gunnar comes in passively and starts slow I can see it being a bad night for him....however if Olivera blows his load early Nelson has the smarts to capitalize.
Excited for this fight

Provided Nelson doesn’t get his eyes gouged out I think he can take this. Cowboy is a wild brawler and don’t think he has good enough TDD to stop Gunnar

Fuck ya! This card is going to be off the chain.

Put the pussy on the chainwax kinda fight

Wow, I'd kind of forgot about gunny and I'd never really considered this match but it could potentialy be a real treat for the fans, great matchmaking.

However, what on earth does
"pussy on the chainwax type of fight" mean? I have never heard that expresssion before.

Gunnar should win this; Cowboy just marches straight forward and uses brute strength more than good technique. He could clip Gunnar just as easily as he could get clipped, so there's always that, but on paper this is Nelson's fight to lose.

Wow, this is an interesting matchup. Huge fan of both guys, should be a great fight.

Difficult fight for Nelson. Cowboy has some godlike athleticism

Great fight, could see it unfolding in many different ways, but i'll take Gunni.

Gunnar has more technical skills on the feet and is defintely a better grappler if it goes to the ground. Gunnar wins this barring some sloppy haymaker from Cowboy.

Good fight!

Back