Gunnar Nelson: 'For The Next McGregor vs. Khabib Camp, I'll be There'

Based on what we've heard from Eddie bravo and others who've seen him train, this appears to be quite opposite of the truth. Unless Eddie bravo and others are lying, he seems to be far more like GSP in his learning ability.

I think you see what you want to see here my man

Then why isn't he any better if Eddie Bravo is giving him such props? Man looks like a fish out of water pretty much every time he hits the ground he looks school basic and panicked not like a man that's been in the position many times in training.

Then why isn't he any better if Eddie Bravo is giving him such props? Man looks like a fish out of water pretty much every time he hits the ground he looks school basic and panicked not like a man that's been in the position many times in training.
these kind of comments only ever come from people who don't / have never grappled. No offense.

Some of his escapes, positional awareness and defense In general against Khabib would indicate that he's around a brown belt level In jiu jitsu. That's about where Conor Is. Many of his other fights show that he's a reasonably skilled In the grappling department. Even Eddie bravo who has no dog In the fight whatsoever said very clearly that Conor has good jiu jitsu and this was about a year before the first Nate fight. Pretty much everyone who does jiu jitsu or has some level of grappling IQ would echo the same sentiment. You don't train with a Marcelo Garcia( top 1-2 bjj practitioners of all time) black belt for 3 years and not know what you're doing on the ground. Nobody is saying he's some sort of world beater on the ground either but he is very competent.

The reason I get annoyed with It Is because the narrative that he can't grapple / has no jiu jitsu Is silly and It's never not coming from people who don't actually grapple. It's a bit of a strange narrative If you really think about It.

I think people just need to understand that there are levels to this. Nate and Khabib are both on a different level when It comes to jiu jitsu / overall grappling.

Khabib could do the same thing to black belts and has on more than one occasion.

That wasn't my point though. My point was that you stated Conor doesn't seem like he allows himself to be the nail essentially In training, based on what we've heard others say about him and even him say himself..that seems pretty much opposite of the truth, sounds like he's closer to GSP in his learning habits. Most martial artists are for that matter.

Last edited:
Gunnar escaped that Demian Maia body triangle - in fact, he escaped Maia’s full backmount 3 times.

He got a schooling that night from Maia, no doubt, but make no mistake: Gunnar Nelson is a wizard on the ground in his own right.

Oh stop it, the ONLY reason Gunnar got up a couple times is when Maia went for submissions during garbage time of the round after racking up MASSIVE control time. You have to be insane to think Gunnar could escape the grappling of Maia if Maia actually WANTED Gunnar on the mat.

SBG Gunnar prefight: “Im going to SUBMIT Maia”

Result:
gunnar-demian.jpg

Do you train jiu jitsu? these kind of comments only ever come from people who don't / have never grappled. No offense.

Some of his escapes, positional awareness and defense In general against Khabib would indicate that he's around a decently skilled brown belt In jiu jitsu. That's about where Conor Is. Many of his other fights show that he's a reasonably skilled In the grappling department. Even Eddie bravo who has no dog In the fight whatsoever said very clearly that Conor has good jiu jitsu and this was about a year before the first Nate fight. Pretty much everyone who does jiu jitsu or has some level of grappling IQ would echo the same sentiment. You don't train with a Marcelo Garcia( top 1-2 bjj practitioners of all time) black belt for 3 years and not know what you're doing on the ground. Nobody is saying he's some sort of world beater on the ground either but he is very competent.

The reason I get annoyed with It Is because the narrative that he can't grapple / has no jiu jitsu Is silly and It's never not coming from people who don't actually grapple.

I think people just need to understand that there are levels to this. Nate and Khabib are both on a different level when It comes to jiu jitsu / overall grappling.

Khabib could do the same thing to black belts and has on more than one occasion.

That wasn't my point though. My point was that you stated Conor doesn't seem like he allows himself to be the nail essentially In training, based on what we've heard others say about him and even him say himself..that seems pretty much opposite of the truth, sounds like he's closer to GSP in his learning habits. Most martial artists are for that matter.

I don't give two shitz about what Eddie Bravo says about Conor ground skillz, I go by what I see, and I see a man who's not use to being grinded in uncomfortable positions or he would be using taught skillz from the bottom or against cage and not have to rely on glove hooking, shorts grabbing, fence grabbing, straight out cheating to prevent from being beaten & buttered.

I go by what I see and not what by Eddie Bravo says I don't need to be no jiu jitsu expert to know Conor don't wrestle or jiu jitsu enough to be real comfortable but you keep waving that Conor flag, and Conor will be always waving that white flag when he finds himself grounded against men who really practice their shit, and not just train on the things they already good at.

I see a man who's not use to being grinded in uncomfortable positions or he would be using taught skillz from the bottom or against cage and not have to rely on glove hooking, shorts grabbing, fence grabbing, straight out cheating to prevent from being beaten & buttered.
Exactly this.

Except you forgot to include the illegal knee.

1539456154130459.gif

Last edited:
Oh stop it, the ONLY reason Gunnar got up a couple times is when Maia went for submissions during garbage time of the round after racking up MASSIVE control time. You have to be insane to think Gunnar could escape the grappling of Maia if Maia actually WANTED Gunnar on the mat.

SBG Gunnar prefight: “Im going to SUBMIT Maia”

Result:
gunnar-demian.jpg

Sweet response bro

The increased font size & boldness didn’t just make all the words bigger, I feel like it also made your thoughts bigger, too

Massive word gains bro

Just one tip:

TRY ALL CAPS NEXT TIME TOO.

WHY NOT JUST GO ALL THE WAY BRO

IT’S LIKE THE ULTIMATE IN INTELLIGENT ONLINE CONVO BRO

Even though danis is a douche and all that isnt he a better grappler than nelson

So what difference does it make

Wait so when is this fight happening again? Fuckin McGregor and Dana with his let me try this shit again rematches. There's really nowhere to run to now that the best man in the division is finally champion. Good for Khabib to grab that easy cash but it's kind of embarrassing on McGregor's end.

these kind of comments only ever come from people who don't / have never grappled. No offense.

These kind of comments ^^^ always seem to come from those who try to portray themselves as something their not or something they would like others to believe. (no offense)

Exactly this.

Except you forgot to include the illegal knee.

1539456154130459.gif

200.webp
Just shameful, the man who told Khabib he's in the big leagues now at their presser, resorting to little league antics.

lmao gunnar here to save the day.

he wont make a difference with conors game.

These kind of comments ^^^ always seem to come from those who try to portray themselves as something their not or something they would like others to believe. (no offense)
feel free to elaborate. I don't claim to be some grappling expert but I have grappled for many years and I know enough.

I don't give two shitz about what Eddie Bravo says about Conor ground skillz, I go by what I see, and I see a man who's not use to being grinded in uncomfortable positions or he would be using taught skillz from the bottom or against cage and not have to rely on glove hooking, shorts grabbing, fence grabbing, straight out cheating to prevent from being beaten & buttered.

I go by what I see and not what by Eddie Bravo says I don't need to be no jiu jitsu expert to know Conor don't wrestle or jiu jitsu enough to be real comfortable but you keep waving that Conor flag, and Conor will be always waving that white flag when he finds himself grounded against men who really practice their shit, and not just train on the things they already good at.
Man, every post you make..you demonstrate how low your technical IQ of MMA is..

you're very narrow minded.

It's impossible to have a constructive debate with someone who thinks the way you do.

You've never trained jiu jitsu or grappled man. You don't know what you're seeing or anything that's happening on the ground. Why would you think you do? Someone in your position would be wise to actually listen to people with infinitely more knowledge on the game like an Eddie Bravo or others.

200.webp
Just shameful, the man who told Khabib he's in the big leagues now at their presser, resorting to little league antics.

Dean should have absolutely taken a point for that knee. It was 100% intentional. McGregor knew damn well that Khabib was grounded and he threw a knee to the face anyway. There was no gray area there whatsoever. It was cheap as fuck and McGregor knew exactly what he was doing. That was some despicable shit right there.

Like thats gonna help. He should retire imo to save himself from cte. His style chin up weird bouncy stance will give conor even more bad habits.

It's the highest level of delusion to believe you actually understand as much as you think you do without any actual training experience. Especially In the grappling realm.

What you need to do is just admit you know nothing, that's the first step to upping your mma / grappling IQ and becoming a better, more thoughtful fan as a result.

Only thing you do with these posts Is make a fool of yourself to anyone who actually understands

Man, every post you make..you demonstrate how low your technical IQ of MMA is..

you're very narrow minded.

It's impossible to have a constructive debate with someone who thinks the way you do.

You've never trained jiu jitsu or grappled man. You don't know what you're seeing or anything that's happening on the ground. Why would you think you do? Someone in your position would be wise to actually listen to people with infinitely more knowledge on the game like an Eddie Bravo or others.

And now you just sound defensive, triggered, mad, & exposed go sit your fake ass down...

Gunnar trained Mcgregor Taps Khalabib in round 1 {<Mcgoat}

Dear sherbros, here is a Conor mchugger who pretend he's a Ferguson fan since his hero has been emasculated, you're welcome.

And now you just sound defensive, triggered, mad, & exposed go sit your fake ass down...
I'm not defensive, triggered, or mad. I'm perfectly chill.

I was honestly just trying to objectively discuss some of the things you said. Clearly that isn't possible with someone like you though.

I'm Interested In the truth and I will absolutely call out someone without any actual knowledge on the game spouting off nonsense.

Back