Gunnar Nelson: 'For The Next McGregor vs. Khabib Camp, I'll be There'

Having Gunny and Danis in camp means fuck all if Conor isn't 100% in

You're going to get hate for this but you could be right. Khabib is very effective with his wrestling but his relentlessness is what gets him the takedown more times than not. On the ground he's way less lethal than Gunnar, always has a hard time finishing.

I think Gunnar is better than Khabib lol

You boys have learning difficulties lol

People seem to forget that besides Maia Gunnar was extremely dominant literally everytime it hit the mat despite being way weaker than everyone of his opponents
He was truly the case that one takedown and you stay the whole ground there, and iirc he mounted every single opponent he got a takedown bar Maia.
While Khabib while being way stronger rarely mantains top control for long, hence the gigantic number of takedowns he has
gunnar also did fine in the first round against maia, i recall some sweeps happening and him having good success.

seems like he got tired, also had a bad gameplan cause he actually wanted to go to the ground with maia.

Gunnar trained Mcgregor Taps Khalabib in round 1 {<Mcgoat}

I'd say Gunner has better MMA BJJ than Dildo Danis. Still not gonna help. connor's problem is being a front runner. Unless gunny has some swedish meatballs injected with HEART and Perseverance it won't matter if he is there or not.

The hate in this thread is funny, Gunnar is 16-2 with one of those losses being a split decision (Ponzinibbio loss doesn't count). Great bjj accolades and he's very fast and explosive, he was always Mcgregor's best training partner and still is.

Ponzinibbio KO's Gunnar 10 out of 10 times

maybe he'll let conor borrow his ground game this time.

You're going to get hate for this but you could be right. Khabib is very effective with his wrestling but his relentlessness is what gets him the takedown more times than not. On the ground he's way less lethal than Gunnar, always has a hard time finishing.
Made it look easy to me...
tumblr_ogk9qm0Xay1r7vh24o1_500.gif
tenor.gif

Conor03.gif

And you think Gunnar's skills will automatically become Conor's....There is nothing of Gunnar's skills that would stop Khabib from smeshing...in fact...Khabib would smesh Gunnar too...
Gunnar can absolutely grapple and very possibly win ground battle vs Khabib
Stop with idiotic BS

Gunnar is a better grappler than Khabib
It isn’t going to make a difference to Conor because he’s so far behind both but Gunni is indeed a better grappler than Kebab.
He’s just very undersized for his division and stay true to his principles of being against weight cutting while Khabib kills himself to make 155
Islam Makhachev is a better striker than Conor.

Until Conor can put aside ego & pride during hard training and allow himself to get grinded inside the cage and being comfortable in the uncomfortable, he will always be left to grab, clutch, toe hook, finger hook, the fence like a just about to be raped school girl leading to the McGregor quick tap. Gunnar or any other top level grappler, wrestler, or ground game wiz will be no help at all.

So this bum will make all the difference, let me guess. Taller, better, stronger, more versatile version of Khabib....
Having both Danis and Gunnar are definitely some of the most solid grappling partners you can have

Gunnar is a better grappler than Khabib
It isn’t going to make a difference to Conor because he’s so far behind both but Gunni is indeed a better grappler than Kebab.
He’s just very undersized for his division and stay true to his principles of being against weight cutting while Khabib kills himself to make 155
better jiu jitsu / submissions yes.

Khabib's game is a mix of the arts though. Hard to really compare, but yeah..In terms of submissions and technical jiu jitsu, that's a good guy to have around.

Until Conor can put aside ego & pride during hard training and allow himself to get grinded inside the cage and being comfortable in the uncomfortable, he will always be left to grab, clutch, toe hook, finger hook, the fence like a just about to be raped school girl leading to the McGregor quick tap. Gunnar or any other top level grappler, wrestler, or ground game wiz will be no help at all.
Based on what we've heard from Eddie bravo and others who've seen him train, this appears to be quite opposite of the truth. Unless Eddie bravo and others are lying, he seems to be far more like GSP in his learning ability.

I think you see what you want to see here my man

Gunnar is good to have in that camp if he is actually going to push Conor BUT it is still leading to the same problem he had last time. Gunnar and Danis do not fight anything like Khabib. They're good for generally helping his bjj but they cannot emulate Khabib worth shit.

It's an improvement but still feeding into the problem.
that's a tricky top game to emulate. Wonder who you'd bring In for that, particularly someone of similar size.

Bringing in someone to train wrestling Is easy enough

Gunnar's legit but it changes nothing. Conor got smashed by Chad on the ground while training with Gunni. It is a lifetime of relentless grappling training, Conor will never close the gap

I'd rather watch gunnar fight khabib than see a Conor vs khabib rematch.

Back