Gunnar Nelson Bandwaggon.....hop on until it's too late

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Personally, I was excited for Nelson before coming into UFC as much as I was for Machida near the beginning of his UFC career. Obviously, his career didn't pan out like I thought it would unfortunately, but he remains, to me at least, still a exciting young fighter with a great potential.

I really think it would be better for him to cut weight to lightweight, and would really love to see a match up between Khabib and Gunnar, but it is what it is. I love Till as well, and lots of people seem to be counting Gunnar out in this match up, but I think they might end up being quite surprised

War Gunnar!

Gunnar at Lightweight ??

usa-today-8688451.01.jpg

Personally, I was excited for Nelson before coming into UFC as much as I was for Machida near the beginning of his UFC career. Obviously, his career didn't pan out like I thought it would unfortunately, but he remains, to me at least, still a exciting young fighter with a great potential.

I really think it would be better for him to cut weight to lightweight, and would really love to see a match up between Khabib and Gunnar, but it is what it is. I love Till as well, and lots of people seem to be counting Gunnar out in this match up, but I think they might end up being quite surprised

War Gunnar!

I think the same would happen to him against Khabib that happened against Maia. Maybe not nearly as much positional domination, and not as many Takedowns because Gunnar has pretty good tdd, but the inevitable would still happen.

No amount of Zen will keep Gunnar from going out on his back against Till. This will end in the first.

War Gunnar!
Was a big fan of Nelson before he joined the UFC as well, I still like him but Till will have a monster size advantage. I probably like Till more at this point then I do Gunnar.

Dammit I like Gunny. Why are they feeding him to Till?

I've been watching MMA for over ten years. I've only guessed three different fighters who I thought had potential to fight for the title after or before their first UFC fight. Ngannou just did, Kelvin could've had he managed his weight and Gunnar could've, too, had he also managed his weight. Unfortunately he refuses to do so and I believe it will cause him to float amongst the fringe top 10-15 until he does or until time passes him by.

I truly hope he does well in this fight, and I think he can beat almost anybody, but I think Till might just be the welterweight contender Gunnar thins he is.

Bigger reach, bigger fists, bigger bones, more muscle, wider shoulders - Conor's a WW cutting down to FW/LW, keeps his physique lean. Gunni's a fat LW cruising at WW. And that's the point I was making - Nelson can cut down to LW.

Lord Till is gonna shatter it into a million of pieces.

I've been on for a long time.

Love his stoic demeanor.

As a big fan of Gunnar... I really hate this fight.

As an MMA fan in general... I love it

Dammit I like Gunny. Why are they feeding him to Till?
We said the same thing vs Thatch and Tumenov. The view on Till is that since he blew thru Cerrone, he is bad AF. However, Cerrone is on his way out and is a horrible match up stylistically for Till. Till was a complete unknown, with people thinking hre would get rekt prior to ?Donald. On the other hand, in MMA, people think that you are only as good as your last fight, so Gunnar sucks in people's minds now but folks forget that Ponzi went full Jon Cheat Jones on Gunni and the fight should have been NC.

Gunni has that karate style to be able to read Till, and, he has a ground game 100 better. Do not be surprised to see Gunni rape Till here and for the typical bandwagoners to think Till is a bum and Gunni is GOAT. I got Gunni via rear naked 2nd round. Gunni is a special talent that has caught some bad breaks, bad decisions, poor game planning but is young and has not met his peak yet. The Till bandwagon is a bit premature, tho I fully epect him to have one great future at welterweight.

Bigger reach, bigger fists, bigger bones, more muscle, wider shoulders - Conor's a WW cutting down to FW/LW, keeps his physique lean. Gunni's a fat LW cruising at WW. And that's the point I was making - Nelson can cut down to LW.

So because McGregor has longer arms that makes him bigger than Gunnar?

Also, wider shoulders?? get your eyes tested mangg

Tills gargoyle arms are gonna glide into Gunny's face quite smoothly

Back