Gun to your head, Penn vs Khabib

He was dominant mentally and physically over his opponents for a long time. Exceptionally strong.Good submissions and tons of heart. He had what he needed in his era and is not to be underestimated.

I know who he fought. I watched. I am not impressed. Carlos Newton doesn't mean shit today. Neither does Frank Trigg. They never did. I'll "underestimate" your sappy nostalgia all I want.

Neither guy has that relentless cardio and pace, thats Bjs biggest problem. He always looked great for the first round.

I think Penn could have gotten a first round sub or a late TKO
The hell you talking about

I know who he fought. I watched. I am not impressed. Carlos Newton doesn't mean shit today. Neither does Frank Trigg. They never did. I'll "underestimate" your sappy nostalgia all I want.
Yes revell in your ignorance young paduwan

Khabib. Prime Penn spammed TD's and beat up GSP in the first round but Khabib would wear his ass out like GSP did. Bj's idea of training is running across an ocean floor with a heavy boulder every few months. That's not going to get it done. Is it BJ Penn day today or what.

I guess we agree to disagree.

I think Edgar would give Rda all he could handle, and could compete with Khabib. Bigtime, i doubt Edgar would be more than a +250 dog to either of those guys. Which means he has a pretty good chance of pulling it off.

This version of RDA? Not a chance. He's too small, and RDA has gotten too good.

Definitely not beating Khabib either.

LW is a lot better than it used to be.

For the most part, we are still judging Khabib based on his potential as opposed to his ability to beat elite opponents.

The best guy he's beaten in recent years is Barboza, who loses to elite fighters almost as a rule. The difference is guys like Ferguson and Cowboy were able to put Barboza away, and Khabib had to take him to a decision.

If Khabib can beat guys like Ferguson and Lee, guys who are top of the food chain and match up with him, that is a different story. To be clear I think its likely Khabib is as good as we think he is. We just haven't had the opportunity to see it yet.

RDA was a fine win as it happened, but in context not as important as the current field.

This version of RDA? Not a chance. He's too small, and RDA has gotten too good.

Definitely not beating Khabib either.

LW is a lot better than it used to be.

RDA got summarily knocked out by Alvarez who is 1:1 with Edgar in most facets of MMA. He has more raw punching power, but less movement and cardio.

We just saw Colby Covington casually and with complete impunity 5-0 RDA like he was fighting a 5th grader. You have to take these things in context of styles make fights.

All you bitches scared of a gun to your head, Denis Siver fucks em both up would be my answer.
tenor.gif

Prime Penn smashes Khabib. KOs him wakes him up and then submits him off his back.

Then Prime Penn goes upto middle weight and sweet KOs Romero with a left and Whittaker with a right.

Then Prime Penn goes upto Heavy and slaps a rear naked choke on DC.

And if you don't agree with that then you are a Connor n00b.

What is Matt Hughes good at compared to today? He could wrestle and had BJJ. Everyone has that now. His striking was terrible too. He beat Frank Trigg. Big fuckin deal.

I think you might be underestimating how good prime Hughes grappling was like when he first fought GSP for the title or his domination of Royce or smashing of Prime BJ.

Hughes Vs GSP
tumblr_omvwspq3391upwz95o1_400.gif

Trapped Penn in a crucifix and pounded him out.
mma_hughes_penn2_576.jpg

Takes Royce's back and pounds him out.
2rdyhhw.jpg

There's not many guys today who have the combination of wrestling and high level BJJ with finishing ability.

It's a bad matchup for Khabib but I think he would still find a way to win the same way Hughes managed to find a way to win that second fight. Penn for all of his talent has such an atrocious record for a reason

I think BJ looks good for a round or two, but then gasses the fuck out basically like Penn vs GSP 2

Penn's record may not be as good as Khabib's win wise, but Penn was the shit back then.

The problem with BJ is that he is very inconsistent. If the version of BJ that fought GSP the second time would show up against Khabib... he would be fucked.

Dream fights suck cause they don't happen :(

Khabib. Too big, too strong, too good of a wrestler, too dominant top control. It'd probably look like the second GSP fight.

What is Matt Hughes good at compared to today? He could wrestle and had BJJ. Everyone has that now. His striking was terrible too. He beat Frank Trigg. Big fuckin deal.
Not many fighters have elite wrestling and BJJ with devastating ground and pound. His striking sucked, but he rarely needed to use it.

khabib, penn has mentally checked out of so many fights

Back