Gun-Maker Remington files for bankruptcy...

As far as AK style rifles go; Saiga, VEPR and WASR-10 are actually top dog, Wasr is built by the same folks who do the romanian army’s rifles (closest mil spec AK out there is actually the Cugir built Draco, but that’s a different matter)

Can't say I've ever handled a Saiga or a VEPR. The only AK platform I've ever handled is a WASR. I have a mini-14, the Ranch rife with the wood furniture, and I like it a lot, although I know a lot of people hate it. Mine doesn't seem to have any of the accuracy problems that others report. I was briefly interested in an M1A, but than I picked one up at a gun store just to handle it, I was fucking shocked at how heavy it was. It was the full size one though, not sure if their compact models are a lot lighter or what, but holy fuck it was heavy.

Savages suck balls. Newer Remington’s also suck bad. Get a Tikka, browning, kimber, Winchester it a weatherby.

If you get a ruger, get one of the Hawkeye models.
Kinda curious why you feel this way, I mean don't get me wrong, Savage fit an finish is garbage but, I've yet to handle one that doesn't shoot well.

That said, I've never hunted hard with one.

Kinda curious why you feel this way, I mean don't get me wrong, Savage fit an finish is garbage but, I've yet to handle one that doesn't shoot well.

That said, I've never hunted hard with one.

^

I'm collecting Ak's these days.

Freedom Arms Group....its an acronym for something.

This is true but was mostly done on a state level.

Obama and Co said multiple times they wanted to go after semi auto rifles. They definitely didn't have the votes though. But sales went up like crazy whenever they would advocate for an awb.

hello there RerouteToRemain,

at the Federal level, 2nd amendment rights were expanded to allow for carrying on Amtrak - more significantly, gun owners were also now permitted to carry in Federal Parks.

like i said, 2nd amendment rights were expanded under President Obama.

the entire push to ban "assault weapons" was really Senator Feinstein's effort, though the POTUS did eventually get onboard. to be fair, a renewed effort to ban that kind of weaponry was the zeitgeist of the moment.

to quote Mr. Trump in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook massacre, "President Obama spoke for me and every American in his remarks in #Newton Connecticut."

- IGIT

What would you recommend for a 22-250 build? It needs to be somewhat rugged, it will be a farm truck gun.
Ruger Gunsite Scout.

It's chambered in .308, so if you were determined to build a 22-250, all you would have to do is replace the barrel.

I would just leave the rifle in .308, but to each their own.

Can't say I've ever handled a Saiga or a VEPR. The only AK platform I've ever handled is a WASR. I have a mini-14, the Ranch rife with the wood furniture, and I like it a lot, although I know a lot of people hate it. Mine doesn't seem to have any of the accuracy problems that others report. I was briefly interested in an M1A, but than I picked one up at a gun store just to handle it, I was fucking shocked at how heavy it was. It was the full size one though, not sure if their compact models are a lot lighter or what, but holy fuck it was heavy.
If I were buying an AK, any AK right now, it would be a Saiga first, VEPR second, both are banned from import and the action on the ones I have put the other AKs I have to shame.

I’ve looked at new production M1As and although they’re solidly built, I would stick with the mini-14, OR wait a little bit and get one of the 99,000 M1 garands that are getting released by CMP in the future, with a barrel swap you can be shooting 308, and you have something with history behind it.
Ruger Gunsite Scout.

It's chambered in .308, so if you were determined to build a 22-250, all you would have to do is replace the barrel.

I would just leave the rifle in .308, but to each their own.
In my opinion .243 is a great option for something oroginally in 308, and from my own testing 243 is a great round.

I have a DPMS AR15 as well and I don't really like it either. I'm just not a huge fan of the AR platform tbh.
Ruger also makes a Gunsite Scout in 5.56/.223.

Finest rifle in .223 I've ever had the pleasure of shooting.

They'll live on in my memory when I use my 870.

Ruger also makes a Gunsite Scout in 5.56/.223.

Finest rifle in .223 I've ever had the pleasure of shooting.
I have the .308 and am probably getting the .223 soon. It just seems like it would be amazing in that caliber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back