Gun-Maker Remington files for bankruptcy...

@Gregolian I want a bolt action. I'm firm on the 22-250, I've shot that caliber for years and I really like it.
I bought a Ruger AR15 in .223 and I hated it with a passion. I'm not a big fan of semi autos though. I find my second shot to always be horrible.

Go to sportsman’s warehouse and get a tikka t3x superlite in 22-250.

How some of you were raised.

KIGAy.gif
https://giphy.com/gifs/evil-dead-ash-williams-E5lofhZ51YKFa

That could be cause it was a Ruger. They're nice an inexpensive but they don't use primo parts obviously.

I have a Weatherby Vanguard in 30-06 I really like. Could check to see if they have something in the caliber you want. The Vanguard is their more affordable model below the flagship Mark Vs. The only major differences between the Vanguard and Mark Vs minus the price is the stock and actions. The stocks are the same shape (the Monte Carlo which is a pretty classic look) but almost all the Vanguards are synthetic (I think there are some all weather Mark Vs that run synthetic stocks too though) and the action. The action's are very similar but the action in the Vanguard is made by Howa in Japan whereas the Mark V action is made by Weatherby here in the States as far as I know.

Mossberg, Savage, and Ruger all make nice affordable bolt guns too. The Mossberg has the Patriot, Savage has the Axis series (get the Accutrigger models though), and Ruger has the American series. Mossberg also has a deal where you can get select models of the Patriot with a Vortex Crossfire already mounted on it and Vortex is pretty hard to beat with their no questions asked warranty.

I've shot all three models mentioned above (friends own them) and I like the triggers in the Patriot and teh Accutrigger Savage's. One thing I disliked about all of them is the internal but detachable magazine they all use. For one, they're all basically proprietary so you need to get them from the gun manufacturer and the other thing is, for me at least, they're a bitch and a half to get in and out of the gun. If a company goes detachable it should at minimum be like an AK or M1A with an easy to bump toggle thing, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

@Cubo de Sangre @RerouteToRemain and @jlagman or @spamking might have other ideas too.

I owned a Savage 30.06 . . . ultimately got rid of it. Began using a Remington 30.06 that I killed a lot of deer with. Recently started using a Tikka 25.06. Sucker shoots really good and is super smooth.

I have a feeling the lunatic gun nuts on the right are still arming themselves. If only every gun manufacturer could go out of business.

You do fit the profile of a gimmick.

1. New account with a quirky name.

2. Incendiary language = calling others lunatics + nuts.

3. Incendiary political implications = all gun makers (should) go out of business.

That's an easy 1,2,3 of troll account arithmetic.

You do fit the profile of a gimmick.

1. New account with a quirky name.

2. Incendiary language = calling others lunatics + nuts.

3. Incendiary political implications = all gun makers (should) go out of business.

That's an easy 1,2,3 of troll account arithmetic.

Some fine investigative work but are you sure you're not just being paranoid?

Regardless, most sane and rational people would agree that if there were no guns manufactures dumping guns on the civilian market there wouldn't be so many mass killings or shootings or robbery at gun point.

I owned a Savage 30.06 . . . ultimately got rid of it. Began using a Remington 30.06 that I killed a lot of deer with. Recently started using a Tikka 25.06. Sucker shoots really good and is super smooth.

Savages suck balls. Newer Remington’s also suck bad. Get a Tikka, browning, kimber, Winchester it a weatherby.

If you get a ruger, get one of the Hawkeye models.

Savages suck balls. Newer Remington’s also suck bad. Get a Tikka, browning, kimber, Winchester it a weatherby.

The Tikka I have was my father-in-laws . . . I plan on using it until I give it to my first grandchild . . .

Once Obama outlawed guns it was only a matter of time, before manufactures had to close their doors.

giphy.gif

I have a DPMS AR15 as well and I don't really like it either. I'm just not a huge fan of the AR platform tbh.

It's probably just the Ruger and dpms.

Do you know the gas length on them? I'm going to guess carbine length as most cheap brands are. They are probably grossly overgassed as well combined with a bird cage flash hider. It really won't shoot smooth or flat.

If you tried out an 18" with an adjustable rifle length gas, quality muzzle brake and quality trigger I think you may feel differently. It will shoot very smooth and flat.

Do you sell the pelts? Doesn't 22-250 make a mess of them?

There’s good budget options Thompson center has a line of inexpensive bolt guns with an MOA accuracy guarantee. Mine hits that mark better than my dads 700 he dumped tons of cash into

Lol, I don't really like it either, to be honest. I'd rather a WASR-10 than any AR I've ever handled.
As far as AK style rifles go; Saiga, VEPR and WASR-10 are actually top dog, Wasr is built by the same folks who do the romanian army’s rifles (closest mil spec AK out there is actually the Cugir built Draco, but that’s a different matter)

Back