Gun-Maker Remington files for bankruptcy...

SilencerCo somewhat shot themselves in the foot by pushing the HPA and telling everyone it was ‘basically a done deal’ some people (like me) bought the hype and were waiting on a tax free can instead of getting a tax stamp
Me too.

Real annoyed now, I could have had mine by now for my Para 1911. Gggrrrr

Lmfao you ignorant little twats are so pathetic.

Gun sales are phenomenal. Shit Black Friday just posted the single day highest amount of gun sales in history. More than enough to arm the entire Marine corps.

They did then promptly reacquired the military contract to build M4s after a new group took them over.

I think, last I heard Colt still had the military contract for M4's and other M4 patterend rifles not called the HK 416

Colt got some government sales back? Thought FNH snaked all their business.

Scumbag media demonizing weapons, instead of evil acts. Typical.

Freedom Group and then this trigger thing really did Remington in:

It happened three years ago but they haven't really recovered from it. Especially with the Ruger Precision Rifle and Savage having an easy to build on action no one needs Remington 700s for chassis precision builds anymore.

Add to that you need a true gunsmith with a lathe to mount a barrel to the action on Remington actions and it just makes it a bitch.

What would you recommend for a 22-250 build? It needs to be somewhat rugged, it will be a farm truck gun.

Woah that's super surprising to me. I see Remington as one of the top dogs in the industry and thought they were safe from the newer companies eating into the market

Their 870 shotgun is one of the best (the best imo) for cost vs performance and reliability. It does literally everything you could ever ask from a pump shotgun and never has any issues

Their 700 line of rifles, despite the really weird safety failure, is still one of the top.

I would have surely thought those two could carry them, and everything else was just them playing around with options

Then again, maybe with all the new manufacturers around, Remington got viewed as "your Dad's gun" and Remington makes guns well enough that you buy one and then never need to buy another of that style

Did they put too many resources into the AR and handgun divisions and not pull out soon enough once they realized the sales weren't coming?

What would you recommend for a 22-250 build? It needs to be somewhat rugged, it will be a farm truck gun.
I honestly have no idea man.

What are you going to use it for? Plinking or like chasing off varmits?

Somewhat away from topic directly, I'm sad about Remington doing rough financially as they're a name I grew up with as one of the most trusted and knowledgeable manufacturers

But the vast amount of competition in the gun industry has been fantastic for us consumers. Really a capitalists' wet dream. Quality is going up, innovation left and right, and prices going down on anything (not the literal gun, but the action and features) 4 or more years old

Just give em a bailout like we did the auto industry. It's cheaper than the last one.

For me, DPMS/Panther I feel were nearing the end anyway with companies like Fortis, Spikes, and others making lowers and parts out there. You rarely see people run full stock DPMS/Panther stuff on their Lego set ARs.

The most egregious thing Freedom Group did was Marlin. Real unforunate what happened to the very affordable but damn good quality lever gun. The market basically had Marlin and Henry with Marlin being the most practical cause they didn't use brass on everything and you could actually USE the gun rather than safe queen it (like a Henry). Since Freedom Group.... Henry is like the only lever company I'd even look at now.
One one hand, I hate the crossbolt safety of the Marlin but on the other, I dislike that the centrefire Henrys don't have loading gates because of "pseudo-tradition".

One one hand, I hate the crossbolt safety of the Marlin but on the other, I dislike that the centrefire Henrys don't have loading gates because of "pseudo-tradition".
I hate taking apart my dad's Marlin .22 to clean it to the point I almost refuse to touch it and just let it sit on the bench till he gets frustrated an hour later and cleans it himself (I know I know, I'm almost 30 but fuck me the thing is a cunt and a half).

My dad sits fucking FASCINATED watching me field strip my Glock or AR in under like 2 minutes though.

Know the most incredible gun to take apart? A Savage model 99. That fucking rotary mag is pure sex.

Coyotes and targets.
Have you looked at like a 25-45 Sharps? I know Sharps makes a specialized caliber specifically for like hogs and varmints:

Somewhat away from topic directly, I'm sad about Remington doing rough financially as they're a name I grew up with as one of the most trusted and knowledgeable manufacturers

But the vast amount of competition in the gun industry has been fantastic for us consumers. Really a capitalists' wet dream. Quality is going up, innovation left and right, and prices going down on anything (not the literal gun, but the action and features) 4 or more years old
The goddamn Memorial Day sales and shit "blemished" receivers go for like $25 it's incredible... and then you can't find the goddamn blemish either.

@Gregolian I want a bolt action. I'm firm on the 22-250, I've shot that caliber for years and I really like it.
I bought a Ruger AR15 in .223 and I hated it with a passion. I'm not a big fan of semi autos though. I find my second shot to always be horrible.

@Gregolian I want a bolt action. I'm firm on the 22-250, I've shot that caliber for years and I really like it.
I bought a Ruger AR15 in .223 and I hated it with a passion. I'm not a big fan of semi autos though. I find my second shot to always be horrible.

I'd look into savage arms.

That could be cause it was a Ruger. They're nice an inexpensive but they don't use primo parts obviously.

I have a Weatherby Vanguard in 30-06 I really like. Could check to see if they have something in the caliber you want. The Vanguard is their more affordable model below the flagship Mark Vs. The only major differences between the Vanguard and Mark Vs minus the price is the stock and actions. The stocks are the same shape (the Monte Carlo which is a pretty classic look) but almost all the Vanguards are synthetic (I think there are some all weather Mark Vs that run synthetic stocks too though) and the action. The action's are very similar but the action in the Vanguard is made by Howa in Japan whereas the Mark V action is made by Weatherby here in the States as far as I know.

Mossberg, Savage, and Ruger all make nice affordable bolt guns too. The Mossberg has the Patriot, Savage has the Axis series (get the Accutrigger models though), and Ruger has the American series. Mossberg also has a deal where you can get select models of the Patriot with a Vortex Crossfire already mounted on it and Vortex is pretty hard to beat with their no questions asked warranty.

I've shot all three models mentioned above (friends own them) and I like the triggers in the Patriot and teh Accutrigger Savage's. One thing I disliked about all of them is the internal but detachable magazine they all use. For one, they're all basically proprietary so you need to get them from the gun manufacturer and the other thing is, for me at least, they're a bitch and a half to get in and out of the gun. If a company goes detachable it should at minimum be like an AK or M1A with an easy to bump toggle thing, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

@Cubo de Sangre @RerouteToRemain and @jlagman or @spamking might have other ideas too.

"Remington, the gun maker beset by falling sales and lawsuits tied to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, has reached a financing deal that would allow it to continue operating as it seeks Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

The maker of the Bushmaster AR-15-style rifle used in the Connecticut shooting that left 20 first-graders and six educators dead in 2012, said Monday that the agreement with lenders will reduce its debt by about $700 million and add about $145 million in new capital.

The company was cleared of any wrongdoing in the shooting, but investors repulsed by the massacres distanced themselves from the company's owner, investment firm Cerberus Capital Management. Cerberus acquired the gun maker in 2007, just when gun sales began to skyrocket."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...bankruptcy-court/ar-BBJ2xWu?OCID=ansmsnnews11

With no Democrat in office to "take their guns away", it looks like people aren't arming their "From my cold dead hands" bunkers to the teeth anymore...

It also seems that the threat of the "Deep State" isn't enough to save Remington either.

8a8.gif

All of this could be true, but for those who know guns, Remington has been producing a shit-product for years.

Which is a shame because the prime 870 is a fine Shotgun.

Back