Gulfport Woman Mauled to Death By 2 Pitbulls

We already have the stats indicating that no other dog breed produces anything approaching the same level of annual fatalities. But cool slippery slope argument.

Pitbulls are like 20 different dog breeds rolled into 1 within those stats because nobody knows how to properly identify one. It's a completely legit slippery slope argument

Basically this thread is:

-Pitbulls arent a real breed
-APBT are actually super sweet
-anything bred WITH APBT are remorseless killing machines
-despite the fact that basically anything with APBT in it is called a Pitbull, they are not real dogs, are super sweet despite not being real dogs, but the ones that arent are because the owners suck. but never the dog. evar.

cool story bro... You don't have large breed dogs in the yard do you?

No dogs. Also no lions. No land mines either. You walk into my yard by mistake and you live to tell about it. Imagine that.

I guess it's only if someone owns pitbulls that you deserve to die when you mistakenly walk into their yard.

Pitbulls are like 20 different dog breeds rolled into 1 within those stats because nobody knows how to properly identify one. It's a completely legit slippery slope argument

597ce10adb3b16b0c28215aede379c3d.jpg

is it that the owners are always trash, or that you only hear about the trash owners?
Just clued into me. I meant the owners that have vicious pitbulls seem to always be trash, not pit bull owners in general. My bad.

No dogs. Also no lions. No land mines either. You walk into my yard by mistake and you live to tell about it. Imagine that.

I guess it's only if someone owns pitbulls that you deserve to die when you mistakenly walk into their yard.

Who said deserves? I said I felt bad for the lady. She went into their yard tho. Do you go into other peoples yards that have dogs? Especially large bully breeds?

Don't be scared of the facts, homie.

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-multi-year-fatality-report-2005-2017.php

Summary: In the 13-year period of January 1, 2005 to December 31, 2017, canines killed at least 433 Americans. Pit bulls contributed to 66% of these deaths. Rottweilers, the second leading canine killer, inflicted 10% of attacks that resulted in human death.
"Pit bull" is not a dog breed. I have yet to see a stat with American Pitbull Terriers where the dogs were subject to DNA testing. What we have a stat for is that an aggregate of 15+ breeds and crosses bite people more than any other single breed does. Duh.

Don't be scared of the facts, homie.

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-multi-year-fatality-report-2005-2017.php

Summary: In the 13-year period of January 1, 2005 to December 31, 2017, canines killed at least 433 Americans. Pit bulls contributed to 66% of these deaths. Rottweilers, the second leading canine killer, inflicted 10% of attacks that resulted in human death.

Sounds like a non-biased site.

In the about us: "DogsBite.org is a public education website about dangerous dog breeds, chiefly pit bulls."

I was also curious why they started their study in 2005. Seems kind of arbitrary date wise. Seems that they picked that date to start because it maximizes the percentage of attacks by "pit-bulls". If you look at the previous 10 years pit-bulls are responsible for about 26% of the fatalities during the same period. And that's including the mixes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States#Fatalities_reported_in_2005

I'm not saying that it's a breed for everyone, but they aren't the killing machines that they are painted as by some people.

"Pit bull" is not a dog breed. I have yet to see a stat with American Pitbull Terriers where the dogs were subject to DNA testing. What we have a stat for is that an aggregate of 15+ breeds and crosses bite people more than any other single breed does. Duh.

Yeah, there's a conspiracy against pits. So that's the only breed that the compilers of the statistics play fast and loose with. It's so obvious. Can't believe I missed it.

I was also curious why they started their study in 2005. Seems kind of arbitrary date wise. Seems that they picked that date to start because it maximizes the percentage of attacks by "pit-bulls".

Haha. The joke's on you. The site doesn't need to pull arbitrary dates. They just classify any dog they want to as a "pit bull". I just got woke and you need to get woke, too.

Yeah, there's a conspiracy against pits. So that's the only breed that the compilers of the statistics play fast and loose with. It's so obvious. Can't believe I missed it.

Can you name another dog that is as missclasified as pits?

Haha. The joke's on you. The site doesn't need to pull arbitrary dates. They just classify any dog they want to as a "pit bull". I just got woke and you need to get woke, too.

No one said that you can "classify any dog they want as a pit bull".

Back