Guide to Actionzone Muay Thai Shop Bangkok

Ryukyu Damashi

Ryukyu Damashi
@Brown
Reaction score
Here is a easy guide to get to the Actionzone Muay Thai shop in Bangkok.

It is owned by a very nice lady who offers honest prices for authentic equipment. She speaks english very well, so call ahead if you want to check the inventory. They open at 9am sharp. I think the best deal in the whole shop are the ankle supports. They are only 90 baht for freesize Nationman :)

ThaiActionZone.com

78 Rama 1 Road
Rongmuang Patumwan
Bangkok 10330

map-thaiactionzone.jpg

Hop on the BST Skytrain and take it to National Stadium.

bebae16f.jpg

Take exit 2 towards National Stadium.

eebed705.jpg

Walk past the National Stadium on your left.

35c0118c.jpg

Continue walking about 1 km (maybe less)
The first left after National Stadium has a FBT shop that is worth a look.

There are a few Muay Thai shops in this area, but they will rip you off with inflated prices. Just wait until you get to Actionzone.

3f2eb68a.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, anyone know if Action Zone is still not selling Top King?

Continue walking and you will pass a Tesco Lotus on the right. You're almost there...

09b63c0b.jpg

You will come to a major intersection. Becareful walking across. I was nearly hit by a cab while crossing this street. Likely because I was busy taking these photos with my phone. haha

8e495d4e.jpg

fae85cf0.jpg

After crossing the intersection, look directly ahead and you will see a green Actionzone sign.

386bfc8a.jpg

Actionzone is packed wall to wall with equipment, shorts, and anything else you might need.

67404364.jpg

ae700a4b.jpg

I send my sister to buy me some gear from there and she snapped a few photos - in the background I could see top king gloves. I'm not sure if they sell shin guards, but gloves for sure. I asked her to get me some but she said that they didn't have sizes (12 oz) so you might want to place an order or something.

Thanks man! You came through for us again, with another walking tour to a great local spot for MT gear. The photos always send a little bit of Thailand our way, and are very much appreciated. The 90 Baht for Nationman Ankle Supports definitely sounds like a bargain. Are you going to do any training in Bangkok or just sightseeing and relaxing before you head out?

Good thread.

:icon_chee

I spent 3 days in BKK. Just shopping and relaxing before I left.

What were the prices like at Actionzone? I checked out 4-5 of the shops by the FBT (down there in Chula 2 and 4) and left unimpressed with the prices. I totally missed Actionzone.

The prices are about the same as the stadiums. 1000 baht for large Twins belly pads, 1800 for medium Twins pads.

Just got back from this place. With the baht as strong as it is, and the dollar as weak as it is, I was glad to see this place good prices. I only picked up a few pairs of Twins wraps at 170 each and some Top King shorts for 580. And as a bonus, I saw the massage joint at the busy intersection you need to cross to get there after hopping off the National Stadium stop was doing one hour Thai massages for 180. Holla.

It's 2013. Is this still the place to go or are there more competitive places now?

I was just here last month and the prices are still good. Search for the thread that Ryukyu Damashi posted last year with the photos of the prices -- they're still the same plus the owner will knock off a little more if you are buying multiple items in one purchase (or she might throw in an extra like a towel or t-shirt)! Plus you can grab lunch very conveniently at the MBK food court afterwards LOL.

I'm comparing the prices at Action Zone to the fight shop up the street, and to Florida Boxing and Mike Dept. Store (both in Pattaya), and there's no comparison.

Print off the directions and show the shop owner. She will give you a discount for sure. I love the actionzone towels. They are great for the sweaty walk back to the BTS.

Actually, the last time I was there, I bought a ton of gear. Too much to carry back to my hotel. The owner was nice enough to have it delivered to my hotel for free. She is the best!

Excellent posting, directions were spot on.

Visited the shop last Saturday (28th September 13) and bought shin guards, head guard and bag. Great value

last time i was there back in april, went at the worst time. they were closed for like 2 weeks over songkran, was so annoyed at myself for not realising.
gotta go back for thai pads!

Print off the directions and show the shop owner. She will give you a discount for sure. I love the actionzone towels. They are great for the sweaty walk back to the BTS.

Actually, the last time I was there, I bought a ton of gear. Too much to carry back to my hotel. The owner was nice enough to have it delivered to my hotel for free. She is the best!

ill be heading there hopefully on saturday or monday. what do you mean print the directions? this thread?

Thanks for sharing the pics! I remember going to Actionzone my first day in Thailand and that lady was so nice to me. I walked 4 miles to get there, was a sweaty mess, and she gave me an embroidered Actionzone towel and 2 bottles of ice cold water even before I bought anything.

Back