Movies GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 (First Reactions, post #626)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right wing bloggers dug up the old tweets in order to get him fired, and somehow this is left wingers fucking things up? lul

LOL since when was the media giving any coverage to right wing bloggers? This is the me too crowd.

Disney logic

Making jokes about Pedophilia six years ago = Fired

Being a Pedophile and going to jail for it = Directorial jobs with teens (Victor Salva)

Last edited:
how does someone like James Gunn not have an assistant or manager to comb & scrub his social media accounts???

Gunn fired? Oh well. GotG 2 wasn’t that great anyways

how does someone like James Gunn not have an assistant or manager to comb & scrub his social media accounts???

There is no scrubbing the shit you put on the internet if you are famous. Good luck with that. The moment you say something weird someone screen captures it and that's it. There is no getting away from it.

With the shit he said I’m not shocked he got fired, the tweets were pretty bad. I’m usually pretty open about off color humor but that was not shocking he got fired.

Sad times when politics fucks with someone's job like that.

Right wing bloggers dug up the old tweets in order to get him fired, and somehow this is left wingers fucking things up? lul

What sjw types never understood is that they are setting precedents that can and will be used against them some day. They wanted political foes fired for wrong think, now they got it. Don't complain about the bed you made.

He said some really off the wall shit, but I honestly don't think he did nor meant any harm. It was a failed attempt to be edgy. There's no coming back from something like that though, especially when you work for a company that markets towards kids.

Well that fucking sucks. GOTG was shaping up to be the best trilogy of the MCU. Not looking very likely now unless they can get Taika Waititi on board for it. He'd be the perfect man for the job.

"James Gunn screwed James Gunn. " - Disney

What sjw types never understood is that they are setting precedents that can and will be used against them some day. They wanted political foes fired for wrong think, now they got it. Don't complain about the bed you made.
I'll agree with this, I was never for people getting fired from their jobs over stuff like this.

I don't think Rosanne should have been fired either, but from Disney's perspective they probably made the right decision in that case and with this James Gunn situation.

What a disappointment, i really like the GOTG movies. I saw a couple of his tweets, and though they were cringeworthy and not funny, i don't know that he should have lost his job for them, particularly when you're talking about 10 years ago. Which leads me to the question, who the fuck spends their life digging up tweets from ten years ago? Disney must have known about this, they just decided to fire him now before the uproar starts. As someone else said, let's hope Taika Waititi is available.

Sucks because his GotG films were great; don’t get why now as those tweets were prior to his time with Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back