GSP will outpoint Whittaker

We will see. Whitaker has great TDD and is possibly even harder to keep down. GSP looked slow, tired and very hittable. That said, if he shook off the rust vs Bisping and has speed, timing and cardio on point, it will be an interesting fight. I could put $ down on either guy, pending the juice.

Pretty astonishing how many folks are counting GSP out in this fight. 50-45 could be a very realistic possibility if GSP is able to avoid Whitaker's power shot. Mixing up takedowns and use of his stellar jab is enough to make this happen . Huge fan of both guys hope they book it soon.

except for the fact that GSP looked like he gassed hard as fuck after the 1st rd...

GSP will beat him easy and then vacate the belt. He doesn't want none of Rockhold.

We will see. Whitaker has great TDD and is possibly even harder to keep down. GSP looked slow, tired and very hittable. That said, if he shook off the rust vs Bisping and has speed, timing and cardio on point, it will be an interesting fight. I could put $ down on either guy, pending the juice.
If GSP has speed, timing and cardio on point then it will be an easy win for him.

tumblr_ooha25DRPK1r7vh24o1_540.gif

Younger, Faster, hits harder and stylistically matched up well.

Reaper by brutal tko
If I told you how many times I heard ppl say "GSP will lose brutally"... vs Condit, Hendricks, Diaz, Jake Shields, Matt Hughes 2, Bisping.....

tumblr_ohae05sECk1qlskhvo3_400.gif

reaper by TKO

This is one of the most basic combinations in Karate, so it's not going to be easy catching GSP with that shit. Having said that, the big question mark for me in this fight is George's conditioning. Can he go 5 at MW if he has to? If the answer is yes, then I believe he can get a fairly easy victory. If not, he may fold to the pressure Whitaker brings and get taken out late.

If GSP struggles to take him down it will be a long night for him.

No chance.

Look it's a good fight.

But I was honestly blown away by Whitaker when he fought one of the most skilled and physically imposing fighters we've ever seen. (He beat Romero on one leg!)

So quick, great natural movement.. he's a very intuitive fighter. He was seeing Romero's attacks ahead of time..

He's already very skilled, he's young and athletic too.. too much for GSP at MW, he would have starched Bisping.

People sleeping on Whitaker.

There are a lot of question marks going into that fight, like Whitakers knee and recovery for one. Should be a great fight, I'm taking Bobby Knuckles in a war

If GSP has speed, timing and cardio on point then it will be an easy win for him.
If you’re saying GSP in his prime speed and timing, I’d agree. I’m more so saying improved from his mid 30s comeback performance.

You can tell he was getting through the change in mass.

He’s one of the highest fight IQs of all time, I’m sure he’s working diligently to fill the wholes he demonstrated vs Bisping.

Whitaker is in his prime and looks better every fight. It’s a tough fight to call IMO. But prime GSP, I agree with you.

If I told you how many times I heard ppl say "GSP will lose brutally"... vs Condit, Hendricks, Diaz, Jake Shields, Matt Hughes 2, Bisping.....
I only remember much of a debate on that vs Hughes. Not sure who you were listening to. I thought Hendricks beat GSP personally, but I’m not calling it a robbery.

Very hard fight to call. GSP is far more well rounded, technical and knowledgeable. Whitaker is bigger, younger, and faster. I favor Whitaker, even though GSP is my favorite fighter of all time, and I think the GOAT.

I only remember much of a debate on that vs Hughes. Not sure who you were listening to. I thought Hendricks beat GSP personally, but I’m not calling it a robbery.
we've got the funk! love parliament/funkadelic

I'm thinking gsp by submission. He gets another choke. GSP is gonna use his grappling

What if I was to tell you Whitaker outpoints GSP 50-45, changes his name to Salty Pea, becomes unified champ, takes every belt down to bantamweight. Is that something you might be interested in?

I'm on board, let's get this hype train rolling :)

This is one of the most basic combinations in Karate, so it's not going to be easy catching GSP with that shit. Having said that, the big question mark for me in this fight is George's conditioning. Can he go 5 at MW if he has to? If the answer is yes, then I believe he can get a fairly easy victory. If not, he may fold to the pressure Whitaker brings and get taken out late.

Basic combo? maybe. But when it's mixed with high pace and fast speed, Whittaker can certainly catch GSP good.

We have no idea how Whittaker is gonna recover from this knee injury. Gsp has way more experience and has been here before. I think it will.close but I see either a late sub by gsp or a split decision win for him. Whittaker may be champ someday but it won't be against gsp. Let's not forget Whittaker was also a welterweight so size isn't going to be a factor. I'm certain gsp will learn from whatever mistakes he made against bisping and he has time now to make those adjustments against robert

Who the fuck said he was gonna lose BRUTALLY to any of those guys, especially Shields... Bisping fight was split but Whittaker brutalizing him is the consensus and that's the difference.
I don't know if you can tell but Whittaker isn't just another WW contender, and this isn't the same GSP either. And don't just say "he just beat the MW champ of the world" ignoring the actual fight and focusing on the result. We all know who that "champ" really was, and we all know how GSP looked in that fight. There's a reason he hasn't clearly stated he's staying at MW

Back