GSP will easily make weight and defeat Khabib Nurmagomedov

"Weight Cutting Science"? WTF.

Where is another 15 pounds going to come from? Plus, now he is 4 years older. Maybe he could lose 5 more pounds. But 15? No friggin' way.

GSP_Shrink_medium.jpg

I don't see gsp making 155 and being worth a shit.

imo its like TJ making 125 and beating DJ. JUST NOT GONNA HAPPEN. 135 MAYBE...............GSP AND KHABIB AT 170. I have gsp all day.

He’s lost a shit Ton of weight from the ass aids, and is eating once to twice a day fasting half the day.

He’s likely smaller than most ww’s right now and on the right size for -55

Makes weight no issue.

And kabib gsp goes down just like Hughes gsp 2

"Weight Cutting Science"? WTF.

Where is another 15 pounds going to come from? Plus, now he is 4 years older. Maybe he could lose 5 more pounds. But 15? No friggin' way.

GSP_Shrink_medium.jpg

Weight cutting science is a real thing. There's lots of discussions about it -- you can go find them.

But we'll just have to wait and see. I'm not saying GSP is guaranteed to make 155. I'm still a little skeptical. However, if he signs a fight @ 155, you can guarantee he'll make weight. So let's see if a fight at 155 materializes.

Khabib gets smashed easily on the feet!

He's not taking GSP down either

I agree. I could see the fight turning out like Koscheck-GSP 2. Georges just nullifies Khabib's wrestling, and picks him apart with superior striking.

You are maybe thinking about the GSP that beat penn or fitch. When he was at his best.

He's 37 years old now, probably be 38 when the fight happens. And he's been through a lot of wars. As dominant as he was against most of his opponents, the fights lasted 25 minutes and he took some serious punishment from Penn, Serra, Hendricks etc.

And guess what, the fight with khabib is going to be another war. Even if he comes in that night as a better fighter, which i don't think he will, he's not going to finish khabib. He'll have to win another 5 round war with one of the toughest and high pressure fighters in the game.

So i lean with khabib in this fight, he'll wear GSP out eventually. In both their primes i'd give the edge to GSP.

When has GSP said something and then couldn't do it?

I'm genuinely asking.

He only weighted about 200 to face Bisping, Kevin Lee cuts from about there. He should be able to lose 15 lbs or so and cut from 185, probably losing a bit of muscle.
He only weighed 191lbs V Bisping. he got up to 200lbs but could not hold the weight.

GSP is never making 155, I'd bet my account on it.

He's holding out for the induction of the 165 lbs class before he sets his sights on Nurmagomedov in earnest, mark my words.
you'd lose that bet.

he is already smaller.

28576467_1619734664812704_3174278241929459822_n.jpg

and bigger WW's than him have cut to LW.

even one who struggled to make weight at WW.

usa_today_8586363.0.jpg

So is the thought GSP does not have the discipline of Thiago Alves.

Also Khabib, Tony and Kevin Lee all cut from around GSP's weight.

He only weighed 191lbs V Bisping. he got up to 200lbs but could not hold the weight.

you'd lose that bet.

he is already smaller.

28576467_1619734664812704_3174278241929459822_n.jpg

and bigger WW's than him have cut to LW.

even one who struggled to make weight at WW.

usa_today_8586363.0.jpg

So is the thought GSP does not have the discipline of Thiago Alves.

Also Khabib, Tony and Kevin Lee all cut from around GSP's weight.

When did Alves make 155? Did.Not.Happen.

He missed weight at 170 multiple times and at 155.

IF GSP decides to take a fight at 155, he already knows he can make the weight and has done test cuts to make sure. No way he makes it on his first go, he has done it already if he signs to fight at 155.

Making 155? Sure. Beating Khabib? Most likely. Making LW easily? Extremely unlikely! Losing an extra 15 lbs of water is gonna effect his cardio and durability to some degree. Especially in his first ever LW cut.

I disagree. I think GSP could very well make 155. He can lean down to 180 with diet and cardio, and cut from there. 180 -> 155 cut is easily possible.

GSP has a much higher chance of making 155 than TJ ever has of making 125.

While I think GSP could make 155, he weighs more than alot of Lightweights while most Flyweights weigh as much or more than TJ.

Can GSP make 155? I think so, yes. I also think GSP is the GOAT. However, even if he makes 155, I think he won't be at his absolute best. Even though GSP says he's a small WW, all the times he weighed in at 170 he looked shredded, he didn't look like he had any fat on him to lose. I think GSP performs his best at WW, I think it will be very taxing on him to make 155.

While I think GSP could make 155, he weighs more than alot of Lightweights while most Flyweights weigh as much or more than TJ.

Not really. He's the same size as guys like Kevin Lee and Khabib. Both of those guys walk around at 190-200.

Not really. He's the same size as guys like Kevin Lee and Khabib. Both of those guys walk around at 190-200.

And they cut tons of weight and are the heavier/stronger/bigger guy in the octagon 9 out of 10 times.

You just compared him to 2 of the 3 biggest weight cutters at LW and said "not really."

He only weighted about 200 to face Bisping, Kevin Lee cuts from about there. He should be able to lose 15 lbs or so and cut from 185, probably losing a bit of muscle.

Actually he weighed 191 lbs against Bisping.

I think he's a horrible match up for bib or Connie for opposite reasons.

Back