GSP was never offered Anderson Silva until after he walked away

It is well known by folks in that business that Gsps team was the group that was evasive and non conmittal towards the idea of this fight.

I also discussed with a clearly biased member of team Silva at that time..they were always open to that fight and Dana was aware of that.

Anderson went up in weight multiple times and beat a former LHW champion and even wanted to fight Mir at HW.

BJ Penn was the LW champion when he went up to fight GSP for the WW title got beat and went on to defend the LW title a couple more times. GSP vs Anderson was the biggest fight the UFC could've made at that point if those two really wanted to do it. I could see Anderson not wanting to fight below 180 and GSP said it would've taken him awhile to get to 185 so even if it was to happen they'd have to shelf both guys until it happened. I highly doubt GSP was willing to take a year or more out of his prime to pack on muscle and get to MW the right way so he would feel comfortable enough at MW. I highly doubt they would want Anderson to drop to WW or anywhere near it so GSP would have to move up and he didn't want that.
Again you are missing the point. When the talks of GSP and Anderson were first happening all the time Anderson had ZERO interest in them. He was 'happy in his division' and 'GSp was a not a fight he was interested in' was what he would say almost every time a mic was put in his face and he was asked to comment.

That ONLY changed when he first announced he was thinking about retirement and looking for legacy fights. He told the UFC he had about 8 fights left and wanted the biggest fights possible at LHW or any other weight.

That is the first time Anderson changed his view and started FINALLY saying he wanted a fight with GSP.

So if Anderson gets the ability to clean out his division and only look for legacy fights when he is thinking retirement WTF would anyone expect anything different from GSP?

GSP was always clear that while he was potentially interested in testing himself at MW and against Anderson it would not be until he was finished at WW and could attempt to put on the weight properly to move up. That is ENTIRELY REASONABLE of GSP and if that means Anderson is retired or old too bad as Anderson was not going to fight GSP until he was ready to move on from his division.

And please don't ever cite BJ as an example as BJ is the template for WHAT NOT TO DO as a Champ or professional fighter. BJ diminished his legacy greatly by chasing short cuts to glory at weights above LW and not preparing properly for those fights.

Where are you getting your info from?

GSP said he was only formally offered Silva after he said he was taking a break. You are saying that his firsthand knowledge is no good and yet have nothing to back up your claim.

What is wrong with people? Instead of just posting an opinion, why not post a proof if you are 100% sure that he lies. You must have something.
I'm not sure how long you've been watching mma, but if you started watching in 2010 like your created account, then I can understand your statement. Gsp has been avoiding Anderson since 2008. Every interview back then, reports ask about an Anderson fight and he ignores the question. Making excuses about how he's too small and needs time to bulk. All of a sudden bisping is champ and he moves up. Again, my favorite fighter is gsp, but the truth is by his interviews and body language, he avoided Anderson.

BULlshit
GsP ducked Anderson like the plague and even his biggest fans begrudgingly admit it, saying Andy was too big and now that he was juicing

Even broken Anderson today still puts the fear in GSP

Yup. And the same for Anderson for why he didn't want to fight Jones, and for Jones on why he didn't want to fight Cain. Its weird that so many fans never catch on - dominant champs hate going up in weight to fight other dominant champs. It should be obvious, but there are some people who are always surprised and offended by this.

True. But to be fair to Anderson, he did move up and fought in 3 different weight classes in his career. Anderson started his career at 168 pounds where he was a champ. Moved up the 185 MW and fought a couple times at LHW.

Dana said on multiple occasions that GSP wanted nothing to do with Anderson....quack quack

True. But to be fair to Anderson, he did move up and fought in 3 different weight classes in his career. Anderson started his career at 168 pounds where he was a champ. Moved up the 185 MW and fought a couple times at LHW.

Yes, that is too his credit. However, the only equivalent of GSP going up to fight Anderson would have been Anderson going up to fight Jones, which he never did.

Its fairly biased to criticize GSP for not going up to fight Anderson without simultaneously criticizing Anderson for not going up to fight Jones, or Jones not going up to fight Cain.

I thought this was an interesting bit from the press conference. GSP said he was only ever offered Anderson once, after the Hendricks fight when he had walked away from the sport and wasn't fighting.

People always asked why GSP didn't fight Anderson, and if this is true it's because he was never offered the fight.

I was never offered a fight with Anderson either.

GSP is pathetic; he was resorting to grease to beat BJ Penn. He avoided Anderson like the plague.

I'm not sure how long you've been watching mma, but if you started watching in 2010 like your created account, then I can understand your statement. Gsp has been avoiding Anderson since 2008. Every interview back then, reports ask about an Anderson fight and he ignores the question. Making excuses about how he's too small and needs time to bulk. All of a sudden bisping is champ and he moves up. Again, my favorite fighter is gsp, but the truth is by his interviews and body language, he avoided Anderson.

You didn't even talk about anything in my post... why bother?

Why would he fight Silva in 2008 when he just got back his belt?

I find it funny how none of Silva, Jones or GSP fought the champ of the higher division, yet only GSP gets always blamed for it.

Good if you think one thing or another, but what about some consistency?

Back