GSP was never offered Anderson Silva until after he walked away

Read the links I posted. And your own. GSP ducked Anderson Silva for years. Fact.

You can't duck someone not in your division idiot.

I did, GSP wanted the catch weight fight, Dana stated that pre Condit fight.

In July AS said he wanted the GSP fight at catch weight.

Then AS fought Stephen Bonnar and said he didn't want to fight on GSP's terms(catch weight).

If you are going to call out fighters from a smaller weight division, you better be willing to cut weight to fight them in that division.

I thought this was an interesting bit from the press conference. GSP said he was only ever offered Anderson once, after the Hendricks fight when he had walked away from the sport and wasn't fighting.

People always asked why GSP didn't fight Anderson, and if this is true it's because he was never offered the fight.
No excuse. Conor was never offered Eddie. Conor was never offered Floyd. He made them happen because he wanted them and because he talked about them.

Essentially, the Anderson Silva fight was there for GSP anytime he wanted it. But he obviously didn't.

BS it was the same story with GSP, he was consistent, he did not say on day he wanted it, then the next change his mind, he did not say he'd take it at 185, then change his tune and say it had to be at 170. Only idiots actually believe AS wanted that fight by selectively choosing interviews that support their narrative while ignoring the interviews where AS stated he didn't want that fight.

As played the media and you goofs for the dummies you were.

After UFC 112 Dana rejected the idea of a fighter between GSP and AS because of the shit show AS put on with Maia. Dana said " AS doesn't deserve to fight GSP ".

Again AS's fault.

GSP made it clear before the Condit fight that he wanted a catch weight fight between himself and AS.

Dana also wanted the catch weight bout and said it made sense.

In July of 2012 AS wanted the catch weight fight.

But after GSP beat Condit, AS changed his tune and refused to fight GSP at a catch weight, and fought S. Bonnar instead. And on December AS made it clear that he did not want to fight GSP on his terms(catch weight)

AS was always full of shit, and your dumb for believing him.

AS fans like to call it him trolling everyone and they admit he does it often. He says one thing one day and something different the next.

But when it comes to GSP they only remember one side of what he said and how inconsistent he was on the topic all along.

The whole "GSP wanted time to build into MW properly" was BS. Anderson was a small MW and GSP was 185+ shredded so the difference in size wasn't that big.

I don't understand you people.

Chris Weidman was a "huge MW," but Anderson Silva was a "small MW," even though they are almost exactly the same size and build, including reach.

And of course, "GSP is a huge WW!!!"

NAykHHh.jpg

Practically the same size

I don't understand you people.

Chris Weidman was a "huge MW," but Anderson Silva was a "small MW," even though they are almost exactly the same size and build, including reach.

And of course, "GSP is a huge WW!!!"

NAykHHh.jpg

Practically the same size

Weidman has a larger torso and bigger legs than Anderson, clearly heavier.

Also that picture is not real.............

GSP is a coward. Now that the MW champ is a bum, he feels he needs to fight for a title he does not deserve.....

GSP is worse to mma than Conor.

Anderson Silva to GSP, ... 'Come Fight Me in My Division'

...Eschewing possible superfights with the likes of St. Pierre and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Silva says they'll have to meet him on his own turf to face him.

"If you want to beat me up, make weight and come fight me in my category, my division," Silva said

Too bad the old sherdog forum links don't still work as there were a ton more quotes of Anderson saying 'he was happy in his division' and 'a fight with GSP does not interest me' over the years.
Anderson is the bigger fighter and the undisputed king of his division at the time, why is he going to cut 20lbs+ to fight a smaller man? If Georges wanted the fight he could have met Anderson at 185lbs like he magically is now against Michael Bisping.

Unlike St. Pierre, Anderson has actually fought at 205lbs, he's actually had the balls to go up a division.

In fact, Anderson moved up a weight division on as little as one day's notice, and only on approximately 1 week's notice against Bonnar.

We can sit around and act like Anderson was "ducking St. Pierre" when in reality it was the contrary. St. Pierre wasn't obliged to ever fight Silva, but it's ridiculous that he's now grown the balls to fight Bisping.

Regardless if the pic is real it gives a good indication of the size difference between the two

Silva is 6'2, and GSP is "5'10,"' GSP has a more muscular build but not by that much

from an actual photoshoop with these two together
En3E6yS.jpg

Weidman having a noticeably larger torso and legs is complete bullshit.

2rbqZTT.jpg

YmFk8lX.jpg

Height and build wise it's about as close as you will ever see

Unlike St. Pierre, Anderson has actually fought at 205lbs, he's actually had the balls to go up a division.

Against hand picked opponents that were perfect style matchups for him.

Did he go up against Jon Jones? No, then he didn't want to "fight his friend" that he hardly knew and never even trained with.

GSP is going up in weight now. Why is Silva fighting Forrest Griffin more heroic than GSP fighting Bisping?

In fact, Anderson moved up a weight division on as little as one day's notice, and only on approximately 1 week's notice against Bonnar.

He had 1 month, and Bonnar was never even top 15 at LHW. If GSP faced a fringe top 25 MW on their last legs you'd have respected him more?

We can sit around and act like Anderson was "ducking St. Pierre" when in reality it was the contrary. St. Pierre wasn't obliged to ever fight Silva, but it's ridiculous that he's now grown the balls to fight Bisping.

I don't think anyone said Silva ducked GSP. But if GSP was ducking Silva, then Silva ducked Jones.

I agree. He didn't want to fight Anderson Silva.

Similarly, Anderson Silva didn't want to fight Jon Jones, didn't even want to be on the same card as Silva.

Yeah, but I don't hear Anderson Silva out there saying "I wanted Jon Jones, I was never offered Jon Jones".

It's mildly hilarious when Sherdog posters call GSP a coward for not going up in weight to fight the GOAT (or near GOAT) in MMA when in their personal lives they don't even have the courage to approach a girl at a bar or get off the couch and try to get in shape.

These are real.

ScreenShot001-2.jpg

8075-StPierrePennUFC94Pre_2217-7559.jpg

Bj legit looks he could be Anderson's son.

And anyone who tries to sell Anderson as anything but a big MW just proves they have no interest in honest discussions when he matched up well against both Forrest and Bonnar at LHW who were both considered huge LHW's. NO doubt they were thicker but their size advantage was not obvious or visibly significant.

Yeah, but I don't hear Anderson Silva out there saying "I wanted Jon Jones, I was never offered Jon Jones".

When did you hear GSP say "I wanted Anderson Silva." Stop lying.

I can't believe some people still complain about this. They were champs in different divisions. End of the story. It's not the first and it's not the last time champs in different divisions don't fight each other. It's a non-story.

Anderson is the bigger fighter and the undisputed king of his division at the time, why is he going to cut 20lbs+ to fight a smaller man?
Yes he was. And he was on a role after the Forrest win fighting also at LHW and stated when he announced his retirement run (legacy run) that he wanted the biggest fights possible at LHW until Shogun took that belt and called for a fight with Anderson. Suddenly then Anderson's focus became GSP and when Jones won the LHW belt Anderson never looked back to LHW despite his earlier procalamation.

If Georges
Also the undisputed king of his division.

wanted the fight he could have met Anderson at 185lbs
Yes he could have but like Anderson he GSP clearly only wanted the fight on his terms and when he was ready. Just as Anderson was not going to risk fighting the bigger top champs and only wanted a super fight V GSP when he was in retirement mode, a GSP not YET in retirement mode (legacy fight mode) would not want Anderson YET.

like he magically is now against Michael Bisping.
No magic to it. It is the exact thing Anderson did when he suddenly wanted GSP. Legacy mode and retirement allows you to take risks you otherwise won't during your main earning, prime years.

Unlike St. Pierre, Anderson has actually fought at 205lbs, he's actually had the balls to go up a division. [
It takes no balls to go up and fight weaker hand picked comp. It takes balls to fight the TOUGHEST comp which is what GSP did.

If you doubt that ask yourself this. Is fighting prime Jose Aldo at FW a tougher fight for Edgar than fighting a fringe top 20 LW during that same period?

Only an idiot assumes 'oh the bigger guy is the braver fight' when in fact Aldo would be the tougher and braver fight. GSP always fought tougher comp than Anderson. that is not even in dispute.

QUOTE]
In fact, Anderson moved up a weight division on as little as one day's notice, and only on approximately 1 week's notice against Bonnar. [/QUOTE] Ya to fight WHO and WHO?

I would rather see Anderson have fought tough high level MW's than handpick easier LHW fights.

I wonder if Conor skipped more top defenses at LW and instead chose to hand pick stylistically easy WW's if you would praise that as Conor being brave or instead point out he was trying to hand pick easier comp??? I know what most on this forum would say including the hypocrites who would then praise Anderson for the same thing.

We can sit around and act like Anderson was "ducking St. Pierre" when in reality it was the contrary.
It does not have to be either unless you are hater of one or a fan boy of the other.

FACT is that neither Anderson nor GSP cared much for a fight with one another when they were both in their prime and neither was really willing to do anything to make it happen. Anderson when asked would most commonly reply 'its not a fight that interests me' or 'I am happy in my division'.

it was ONLY once Anderson was thinking retirement and legacy fights (around GSP/Shields) and particularly once he had no more appetite to play at LHW with Shogun and then Jones as champ that he became focused on GSP.

Well too bad for Anderson that GSP was not YET in his own legacy mode fight stage and he was still an active champ not yet looking at retirement. Because that meant GSP was acting just like Anderson was PRIOR to looking to retirement. The two of them were perfectly consistent.

St. Pierre wasn't obliged to ever fight Silva, but it's ridiculous that he's now grown the balls to fight Bisping.
Again nothing ridiculous about it. Just as when Anderson went into retirement mode and he was looking for legacy fights, now that GSP is in legacy mode he is too. He just got there years after Anderson.

the biggest difference is that when Anderson went into legacy mode he wanted NOTHING to do with bigger fighters and even stated he wanted GSP as he saw it as the easier fight. He started calling out the smaller man.

GSP may be being opportunistic in his legacy fight choice but at least he called out the bigger man an did willing to move up to fight him.

If Anderson was still in his prime and champ and GSP was calling out Conor and telling him to move up so they could fight that would be the equivalent of what Anderson did and sure as shit you guys would give GSP holy hell for it while praising Anderson for same.

When did you hear GSP say "I wanted Anderson Silva." Stop lying.

I can't believe some people still complain about this. They were champs in different divisions. End of the story. It's not the first and it's not the last time champs in different divisions don't fight each other. It's a non-story.

You are clearly reading things out of context. I am not complaining that they never fought. Perhaps you should read what I replied to.

GSP is doing some revisionist history these days. Simply stating "I was never offered Anderson Silva", while technically true, is an outrageous thing to say. As a matter of fact, I was never offered Anderson Silva either.

GSP never actively campaigned for Anderson Silva, and he was asked many, many times. BJ Penn ACTIVELY campaigned for GSP. Conor Macgregor ACTIVELY campaigned for RDA, and then Alvarez. See the difference?

I have no problem with the two never fighting - weight classes exist for a reason. But GSP might as well say he was never offered Jon Jones, or even Muhammed Ali for that matter. GSP has become a joke. I have no problem with him wanting no part of Anderson Silva. To even hint otherwise now is just incredible.

Why would they offer him a fight where he said he'd need over a year to get ready for it even when Anderson said it could be a catchweight fight.

Back