GSP vs Silva in their primes would've resembled Sonnen vs Silva I, except no Hail Mary finish

Dont be naïve. He cherry picked bisping. If Luke had beat bisping Gsp doesn't fight for the MW title

Then who does he fight??

Luke would've still been the highest reward with the lowest risk

Yes and developed colitis in the process.

He didnt go up to face Bisping, he went up to win another belt. Had AS been the champion then GSP wouldve fought him, instead he fought the guy that just beat AS and KO'd Rockhold

LMAO if you truly believe that.

Not so sure I would give this to GSP 50-45. I think GSPs wrestling would give him an advantage but everyone said the same thing about Hand, and he was submitted, same thing about Chael submitted/TKO. Prime Anderson I think takes this matchup 60% of the time, because it always starts on the feet.

Then who does he fight??

Luke would've still been the highest reward with the lowest risk
Some other easy "super fight". He wont even fight Whittaker who is a blown up WW.

Truly believe what??

That GSP would fight: Rockhold, Weidman, Yoel, Whitaker, Mousasi. He came back because Bisping was the biggest hail Mary champion in a decade.

Some other easy "super fight". He wont even fight Whittaker who is a blown up WW.

Have you seen GSP lately, he walks around 183lbs. Still dont know why people doubt the colitis

That GSP would fight: Rockhold, Weidman, Yoel, Whitaker, Mousasi. He came back because Bisping was the biggest hail Mary champion in a decade.

He came back before Bisping was champion, had a drawn out contract dispute while being in the USADA testing pool.

travis lutter wins that rematch, so GSP has a good chance too.
Lutter%2001_zpskbyb8hyc.gif

Have you seen GSP lately, he walks around 183lbs. Still dont know why people doubt the colitis
Because everyone is a medial proffesional on sherdog. It's amazing how his HGH gut can come & go like magic. Luke is just salty he chose bisping to beat GSP, and GSP knocked down& submitted a guy Luke got KTFO by.
{<jordan}

He spent his prime talking about moving up in weight the "right way", then bisping is champ and he comes out of a 4 year retirement and moves up in weight. They make a big deal about a title defense being in the contract because everyone knew GSP wouldn't fight anyone else at MW. It was just too obvious that he would find excuse to avoid the murders row at mw. He comes up to "make history", gets his cute little narrative while avoiding the tough fights.

I think this is a pretty predictable result if we're being objective

The intrigue around this fight was always a little overhyped because I don't think it would've been that competitive imo. Inb4 "GSP was scared" arguments. The fight never happened because GSP didn't want to wreck his body going up and down in weight like Roy Jones Jr did, he is a calculated individual. Anderson nowadays can make Welterweight to fight Conor but didn't want to drop weight to fight GSP? Nonsense....

GSP is a better wrestler with more cardio than Chael, and FAR FAR better on the ground and on the feet with infinitely higher fight IQ than Chael.

Anderson was good off his back but GSP's submission defense and top control is far too good to be triangled by a tired Anderson in the later rounds.

GSP might also outstrike Silva or drop him on the feet due to the immense takedown threat he would pose (Khabib vs Conor but GSP is a way better striker than Khabib)

Not saying it'd be easy for GSP, as he might take a few good shots from Anderson...but in the end GSP would 50-45 Anderson and make everyone wonder why they were so hyped for this.

I doubt it. Chael is much larger than GSP. GSP likely gets Carlos Newtoned in this fight. Anderson was too tall and too big plus he was never really worried about getting taken down (look at the DC fight) so his striking wouldn't be effected.

GSP would have had to have fought a perfect 25 minutes and Anderson would only have needed the smallest of openings. Thing Condit dropping him then imagine that was prime Anderson GSP was in that position against. Game over.

Love both guys but would favor prime Anderson 75/25 in this one.

Bisping looked amazing against an old Silva and Rockhold but his fight with Hendo (who was getting viciously beaten and was winning from hail mary KO's at that point) was the fight that his age caught up to him and he looked like shit, he even looked like shit in the Gsp fight

Silva may have been prone to getting out wrestled in the first round but after he found his opponents timing he had amazing takedown defence (Weidman 1, Chael 2, Okami, Hendo)

It's pretty awesome that Gsp was able to KO Bisping and win a title but he didn't look very good at mw at all, he was slow, started gassing in the third and his takedowns/top control weren't nearly as effective.

Silva by 3rd round KO- Prime for prime

Gsp by dominate decision or late Tko- Now

Delusional.

Silva stuffed Chris Weidman takedowns, Dan Henderson takedowns, what makes you think tiny little Georges St. Pierre would be able to hold that beast down?

Name one fighter that Georges held down with a guard as good as Anderson. Name one fighter that Georges fought that was the striker the level of Anderson.

You cannot name them because they don't exist.

Lmao, comparing Dan Henderson's offensive (or defensive for that matter) MMA wrestling and takedowns to GSP's is laughable, and displays a lack on knowledge on the subject. And just because Weidman didn't have 100% TD accuracy against Anderson that doesn't mean he didn't get him down a lot, or easily. All it takes is one successful TD when it comes to guys as bad at getting to their feet as Anderson and guys as good on top as GSP and Weidman.

I think this is a pretty predictable result if we're being objective

The intrigue around this fight was always a little overhyped because I don't think it would've been that competitive imo. Inb4 "GSP was scared" arguments. The fight never happened because GSP didn't want to wreck his body going up and down in weight like Roy Jones Jr did, he is a calculated individual. Anderson nowadays can make Welterweight to fight Conor but didn't want to drop weight to fight GSP? Nonsense....

GSP is a better wrestler with more cardio than Chael, and FAR FAR better on the ground and on the feet with infinitely higher fight IQ than Chael.

Anderson was good off his back but GSP's submission defense and top control is far too good to be triangled by a tired Anderson in the later rounds.

GSP might also outstrike Silva or drop him on the feet due to the immense takedown threat he would pose (Khabib vs Conor but GSP is a way better striker than Khabib)

Not saying it'd be easy for GSP, as he might take a few good shots from Anderson...but in the end GSP would 50-45 Anderson and make everyone wonder why they were so hyped for this.
I disagree with you at the 50-45 part it would have been an 50-43 in favor of the goat GSP .

gsp would have 50-43'ed anderson easily.

I’m pretty sure Anderson has better kicks than Carlos Condit, yet Condit managed to almost KO GSP.

Are you? Watch the gross head kick Anderson threw against Okami then watch Condit's. I remember after the Okami fight reading a Jack Slack article about how Anderson doesn't kick very athletically.

Yes and developed colitis in the process.

He didnt go up to face Bisping, he went up to win another belt. Had AS been the champion then GSP wouldve fought him, instead he fought the guy that just beat AS and KO'd Rockhold

Oh please. Get his nuts outta yer mouth. If Romero or Whitt were champ, GSP wouldn't have gone to MW. GSP had years and years to fight AS and never did.

Not so sure I would give this to GSP 50-45. I think GSPs wrestling would give him an advantage but everyone said the same thing about Hand, and he was submitted, same thing about Chael submitted/TKO. Prime Anderson I think takes this matchup 60% of the time, because it always starts on the feet.

Sigh. Henderson is not even remotely close to GSP in MMA wrestling/TD's. And Chael damn near did exactly that, but Sonnen has one hell of a propensity for getting submitted, and some of the most atrocious fight IQ ever displayed in high-level MMA. GSP has neither of those flaws, and the latter is actually his antithesis.

Back