GSP vs Khabib is the biggest fight for Georges legacy

There's only one way GSP's legacy could be tarnished: after his anti-PED stance if he were to pop for PEDs.

Failing that, his legacy is frozen in carbonite. He could get KO'd in the first round in his next 3 fights it would make no difference to his 6 or 7 years of complete dominance of the WW division.

Same goes for Aldo--I think it's ridiculous for anyone to suggest anyone other than Aldo as the FW GOAT. I don't care how good someone looks (holloway/conor/ortega/whoever) until they do it for 10 years at the highest level they don't compare.
He never popped not once right?

He walks around lighter than Khabib and Tony, and he doesn't eat tiramisu.

Next criticism?

Just look at him at his last 170 weigh-in. Plus, he is years older now and bulked up to fight Bisping.

It doesn't matter that GSP keeps himself in better shape between fights than Khabig and Tony do. Everybody's body is different.

I just don't see where he can cut an additional 2 gallons of water when looking at his 170 weigh-in. He is not a tiny 170.

Not possible IMO for him to make 155.

Just look at his last two weigh-ins at 170- where is another 15 pounds going to come from?

GSP_Shrink.jpg

If GSP could have made 155 he would have done it years ago.

Just look at him at his last 170 weigh-in. Plus, he is years older now and bulked up to fight Bisping.

It doesn't matter that GSP keeps himself in better shape between fights than Khabig and Tony do. Everybody's body is different.

I just don't see where he can cut an additional 2 gallons of water when looking at his 170 weigh-in. He is not a tiny 170.

Not possible IMO for him to make 155.

Just look at his last two weigh-ins at 170- where is another 15 pounds going to come from?

GSP_Shrink.jpg

He can make it. If you think a 5'10 180-185lb man who happens to be a consummate professional can't diet a bit and cut to 155lbs for a huge fight, then you're crazy. I can list off many LWs who are as heavy or heavier than georges. He's already losing muscle mass because of his disease and his new diet restrictions.

If GSP could have made 155 he would have done it years ago.

This isn't even logical. Stop to think about that logic for a second.

Also, stop and think that, maybe because GSP is fasting because of his Crohn's disease he might be lighter than ever before.

Come on, safety first Georges isn't even getting in the same room as khabib.

Ugh i have no interest in this money fight gsp that we have now. This dude needs to fight Tyron or his legacy stays the same to me. GSP doesnt want anything to do with Tyron though. He cant out wrestle him and Tyron hits like a mack truck.

Khabib would wreck GSP imo, the pressure from Khabib would be way too much for Georges imo

He can make it. If you think a 5'10 180-185lb man who happens to be a consummate professional can't diet a bit and cut to 155lbs for a huge fight, then you're crazy. I can list off many LWs who are as heavy or heavier than georges. He's already losing muscle mass because of his disease and his new diet restrictions.

This isn't even logical. Stop to think about that logic for a second.

Also, stop and think that, maybe because GSP is fasting because of his Crohn's disease he might be lighter than ever before.

You keep bringing up other fighters - now that is not logical. It doesn't matter what some 22 year old lanky dude with bird legs can do.

Just because you so clearly think GSP can make 155 does not mean it will happen. You never commented on the 170 weigh-in pics. He is already drawn out at 170.

So many people love to write "oh, he will just drop some muscle first" and then he'll have no problem dropping the weight. When you train it is difficult to lose muscle. But you will say "he will just starve himself while training". Nope. You have to eat to train.

I can guarantee you also thought Thiago Alves would make 155.

GSP will be 37 in May. It gets harder to make your normal weight class as you get older, you want to add another 15 pounds he has to lose? You say he can definitely lose another 10 percent of his body weight (almost) from those drawn out 170 pics taken 5 years ago?

GSP just bulked up to fight at 185. And you go on and on how he can make 155 no problem. You're in a dreamworld.

We could go back and forth all day. Why don't you bookmark this thread and show me how wrong I was if GSP ever fights at 155. (I didn't even write "win").

I'd still rank Jones and Silva above GSP. But yeah, this would be the whipping cream atop of the caramel sundae that is Georges St. Pierre's mixed martial-arts record.

So, beating a smaller guys confirms his legacy? LOL

He'd probably kill himself making the 155 lb limit, so I don't see any real advantage in that fight.... apart from Georges being the superior fighter

Kind of bizarre you guys think he is UFC 100 GSP still. I guess solely because he didnt lose due to not fighting for half a decade? Kind of weird that mma fans are the only sports fans that sort of dont process time moving forward. Even weirder when we just saw him vs bisping.

If he won LW he'd be goat on lock, but with this kind of thinking he runs a severe risk of ruining illusions if he fought the level of khabib. Almost better not to so threads like this can be made for another 5 years disconnected from reality and yet still be taken seriously by so many fans.

What the hell has Khabib, or really anybody done to hold sway over GSPs legacy?

GSP has exactly nothing to prove and no active LW, WW or MW has shit on GSPs rap sheet

I agree it would be an enormous win.
I only agree with your thread title because of fan’s shirt-sidedness and a “what have they done lately” mindset.

I agree. The best thing for his legacy right now is to take a fight at LW, win, and then challenge for the LW title and win that. Then nobody can say shit about him getting gifted a title shot, or any bullshit like that. He can retire with basically an un-tarnished legacy.

I agree. The best thing for his legacy right now is to take a fight at LW, win, and then challenge for the LW title and win that. Then nobody can say shit about him getting gifted a title shot, or any bullshit like that. He can retire with basically an un-tarnished legacy.

It would be off the chain. If GSP beat Nate and then beat undefeated 26-0 Khabib to capture a belt in a 3rd weight class it would be perhaps the most monumental thing I've ever seen in the sport. I say that because at that point GSP would be 28-2, avenged both losses, be on a 15 fight win streak, 12 of the 15 fights being title fights, and become the sports only belt holder in 3 weight classes. That is unparalleled.

Disagree, I think its Woodley.

When he retired he was rightfully considered the WW GOAT, still is. If after his lay-off he came back and did the whole Bisping MW thing, and then came back to fight prime Woodley who's beating guys like Lawler, Wonderboy, Maia, and GSP beats him decisively, that would not only make him the undisputed WW GOAT for years, but also add another huge name in a record filled with huge names, and would leave no question as to whos the P4P GOAT.

Khabib or Conor are just spectacle fights, he's expected to beat 155'ers.

Khabib would be just another name on his resume. It would be far from the highlight imo. Hughes and Penn would remain greater wins.

I would bet he would garner more hate for that win than respect from Sherdoggers.

It would be off the chain. If GSP beat Nate and then beat undefeated 26-0 Khabib to capture a belt in a 3rd weight class it would be perhaps the most monumental thing I've ever seen in the sport. I say that because at that point GSP would be 28-2, avenged both losses, be on a 15 fight win streak, 12 of the 15 fights being title fights, and become the sports only belt holder in 3 weight classes. That is unparalleled.
And Sherdog would still piss on him for not regaining his WW Title for a 3rd time also lol

Back