GSP: "'TRT is a joke and should have been banned a long time ago"

What other sports actually allow TRT?

Disc golf, possibly?

team_askren02.jpg

Looked stronger than ever? Lol. Fighters improve, weird concept huh? Hendricks has never failed a drug test, in MMA or his collegiate wrestling career so keep crying.

Nope, but keep making retarded assumptions if that's what helps you sleep at night.
You couldn't help yourself but try and disparage GSP again huh. Resist the urge!

Sorry GSP, but you refused WADA testing for the Hendricks fight in part because they wouldn't supply a list of WHAT they were testing for (and according to this article, VADA covered GSP's testing costs for the Hendricks fight, which is also ... strange)

http://www.scifighting.com/2013/09/07/12877/gsp-refused-nsac-approved-wada-testing-opts-vada-testing-instead/

... but NOW He wants stricter testing and things like TRT banned? Um, okay GSP. Nice of you to wait until you were out of the game before making these statements....

1.) WADA doesn't test
2.) He never refused VADA or enhanced NSAC testing...he was going to do both.

Read more than the headline in the future and not a partial selection of the story.

Awesome that he steps out and say this....NOW, when that shit is banned, oh how brave. Perfect timing. Jeez

Yeah, he should have gotten himself fired during his WW reign, for the approval of ArtOfDrowning.

I don't know how he lives with himself.

can't disagree with anything GSP is saying. gotta love the PED accusations in this thread lol.

Disc golf, possibly?

team_askren02.jpg

don't know why Askren is over in Asia playing Ultimate Frisbee when he could be in Thailand winning Muay Thai belts:

That's just it, a ban on TRT will affect fighters choosing that particular means, but it's widely regarded that most professional athletes take PED's of some kind, or else they would be replaced by someone who is taking PED's.

We need to make a thread about this sometime.
True or not, I think it is inherently flawed thinking.

Funny coming from someone who has Gina in their avatar who missed weight 4 times in like 2 years which is as disrespectful to the sport as it gets. You obviously don't give a shit about the rules so why act like it? Oh I know why, because whoever your favorite fighter is, is gonna be the one you take up for, no matter what they've done. So lets make assumptions about a great guy and legend like GSP to make your people look better. Got it

Both are against the rules but missing weight really isn't comparable to taking PEDs. Get out of here with your desperate comparison, champ.

Makes sense when GSP says it, but when another fighter says it, it's not much of a big deal...

We need to make a thread about this sometime.
True or not, I think it is inherently flawed thinking.

A thread on this would be cool, but I don't think there are many people on here with that much knowledge on the subject to offer anything meaningful. There are probably a few, but they'll be drowned out by trolls and ignoramuses.

I Myself don't know that much either, but I do know that PED's is prolific in every sport that competes at high levels, it's not just "steroids" that athletes use, but there is a million different methods. Some are illegal, some not. Some are detectable, and others not. Some you can buy on the internet for "research purposes only", I've seen it first hand.

I think it's naive to think that there are only a handful of UFC athletes on PED's when only the top tier athletes make real money. Everyone is trying to get that edge, some people will be more resourceful than others, and some are stupid enough to try to pass off their dog's piss as their own.

Just some thoughts, I'm not an expert either, but this is a common perspective.

Since GSP retired hes become to gobbie, shut up GSP please!

I agree completely. It's ridiculous giving it to some people, either everyone gets it or not. If you "need" TRT you should hang your gloves up. Competing in MMA is not a right, it's a privilege. Especially competing at the highest level. If your body can't keep up any longer that's it.

Looked stronger than ever? Lol. Fighters improve, weird concept huh? Hendricks has never failed a drug test, in MMA or his collegiate wrestling career so keep crying.

Nope, but keep making retarded assumptions if that's what helps you sleep at night.

You know you are a hypocrite, right?

You first say "GSP looked weaker against Hendricks", implying that it's because GSP didn't take PEDs for that fight while he had random testing. But when someone says "Hendricks looked stronger", implying Hendricks took PEDs for that fight while he avoided random testing, you answer "Fighter improve, weird concept huh? Hendriicks has never failed a drug test."

Well, "fighter gets older, weird concept huh? GSP never failed a drug test." Isn't it great to be able to use your argument against yourself?

You are being hypocritical. Do you even realize how pathetic you are? It's sad.

Good. I'm proud of GSP for being a champ who came out and spoke about this issue. It was always bullshit, and it's good that fighters are talking about it. Sometimes it takes people in high positions like GSP to make a change. Don't forget he also represents sponsorships and network executives who will hear about this making a splash.

It should have been banned a long time ago.

Really? His last fight, with Hendricks, he was tested vigorously. He didn't look "himself" according to you fanatics. He retires, and now his support for vigorous testing has increased immensely even to the point in which he's criticizing the company that used him as their posterboy.

Like GSP has said, a lot of people in the UFC are thinking like him right now (they sent him messages), but they want to keep fighting and making money, so they are scared to talk.

When you are no more employed by the UFC, it's normal that you feel free to say what's on your mind. He pushed for random testing against Hendricks, because he knew it would be his last fight, so it was time to bring the issue.

I don't even know why I bother with you when you have shown how irrational you are.

Back