GSP: "'TRT is a joke and should have been banned a long time ago"

Eh, like GSP hasnt been talking against ped usage for a while before the ban?

Please dont make yourself look folish.

Let's not ask too much of him, shall we:icon_chee?

Awesome that he steps out and say this....NOW, when that shit is banned, oh how brave. Perfect timing. Jeez

df3612486fb50970411774f991b6baec9fb7cca2e144180b885f03fba7b07217.jpg

Geez, worried about a little additional brain trauma because of opponents on PED's?
What a crybaby. He's such a good guy that he only hugs his opponents, so they avoid possible brain injuries...

method=get&rs=33&q=75&x=15&y=24&w=310&h=165&ro=0&s=gsp-01-27-2014-15-0-38-471.jpg

Plus

Mad respect for GSP in his stance about steroids and ped's in MMA

All the sentimentality attached to old legends like Hendo and Belfort aside, he's right.

"But if you lose a fight, not only do you lose financially and your ego, it can affect your well-being, you have cerebral damage and be really messed up. If the UFC does something, the other organizations will follow."

I'm retarded someone help me, what does losing and getting "cerebral" damage have to do with a TRT ban?

English is not George's first language but the gist of what he is saying here should be clear enough; if you lose in non-combat sports you don't take physical damage so cheating to win doesn't endanger lives in non-combat sports but it can in combat sports like MMA.

Haha what a joke. Now as a retired fighter he's screaming for random testing.

George his gut says it all.

Never liked how conservative GSP fought but as a person I cant say a bad thing about him, good guy. Hes correct here, TRT was a clear loophole to cheating.

Awesome that he steps out and say this....NOW, when that shit is banned, oh how brave. Perfect timing. Jeez

You've got a point. When he was fighting, the guy went out of his way not to say anything controversial.

When asked point blank who he thought would win the Rashad-Jones fight (as he had trained with both), he replied something like "all I can say is dat both guy are at de top level an ooever make de firs mistake gonna be in trouble."

Ffs, that's not an answer!

At least he is actually starting to form an opinion now. Kudos to him.

You know I 100% agree with him and have thought the same on this issue for a long time.

I'm surprised by the unanimous verdict in this thread, open a TRT thread in the last few years on this site and you'd be up against a LOT of supporters.

He's right of course.

Wish he would have taken this stance more seriously years ago when he was actively fighting.

Back