GSP: "'TRT is a joke and should have been banned a long time ago"

What other sports actually allow TRT?

None of the sports have a ban on it. They just don't seem to have a wide spread problem with it like MMA had that or the fact that Athletes in most sports don't have to disclose whether or not they are on trt and neither do team doctors. People forget that trt became such a public issue in MMA because most first heard of it after UFC 117 which was a huge fight.

"But if you lose a fight, not only do you lose financially and your ego, it can affect your well-being, you have cerebral damage and be really messed up. If the UFC does something, the other organizations will follow."

I'm retarded someone help me, what does losing and getting "cerebral" damage have to do with a TRT ban?

He is saying you could end up getting hurt by a guy that is able to compete at a higher level because he is abusing TRT whereas if he wasn't, he might not have gotten the same shots in. Since it lets you train harder and recover faster people can have pretty kick ass training camps and go longer in high gear in fights as well

"But if you lose a fight, not only do you lose financially and your ego, it can affect your well-being, you have cerebral damage and be really messed up. If the UFC does something, the other organizations will follow."

I'm retarded someone help me, what does losing and getting "cerebral" damage have to do with a TRT ban?

Maybe he's saying: Guys on TRT can hit harder and potentially cause their opponents brain damage in addition to winning.

He is saying you could end up getting hurt by a guy that is able to compete at a higher level because he is abusing TRT whereas if he wasn't, he might not have gotten the same shots in. Since it lets you train harder and recover faster people can have pretty kick ass training camps and go longer in high gear in fights as well

Maybe he's saying: Guys on TRT can hit harder and potentially cause their opponents brain damage in addition to winning.

That makes sense, thanks.

Oh GSP just come out and say it. This was partially directed at Hendricks. Accuses GSP of PEDs then backs down and makes excuses when Georges suggest and even offered to pay for testing for both guys.
I agree with GSP and think he does honestly believe this

But if he had a secondary motive, I think it is more to take a shot as the UFC and not so much Hendrix personally. But then again, he did lose some short-term memory in that fight. And they had they whole WADA/VADA thing so you could be right. Hard to say

Brian Stann said it was a big reason why he retired as well.

Awesome that he steps out and say this....NOW, when that shit is banned, oh how brave. Perfect timing. Jeez

GSP is right 100%.
TRT is somewhat a weapon.
So 2 guys fight, one has weapon and one does not.
Who has more chance of winning?.

GSP is right! It`s reasons like this that make me proud he was Champ for so long. Dude is a stand up guy that understands his position in the sport.
WAR GSP

Brian Stann said it was a big reason why he retired as well.

Interesting, I didn't know that

Just goes to show who says it makes a huge difference in the media play it gets

Still, with Stann with being a vet and all and having a good public image and fanbase I am surprised I didn't hear that. Glad you mentioned it

He's making a point of why banning phd's like TRT is so much more important in a sport like MMA than in other sports where physical/cerebral damage isn't a factor. The fact that TRT is banned in a lot of those sports but not MMA is therefor extra ridiculous.

Interesting, I didn't know that

Just goes to show who says it makes a huge difference in the media play it gets

Still, with Stann with being a vet and all and having a good public image and fanbase I am surprised I didn't hear that. Glad you mentioned it

I'm pretty sure he tweeted it right after the news was announced that it was banned.

Found it
https://twitter.com/BrianStann/status/439141091452133378

Awesome that he steps out and say this....NOW, when that shit is banned, oh how brave. Perfect timing. Jeez

Eh, like GSP hasnt been talking against ped usage for a while before the ban?

Please dont make yourself look folish.

He's making a point of why banning phd's like TRT is so much more important in a sport like MMA than in other sports where physical/cerebral damage isn't a factor. The fact that TRT is banned in a lot of those sports but not MMA is therefor extra ridiculous.

Yeah, I didn't see the connection.

I should probably stop reading every GSP article in the GSP-voice, I think it hurts my comprehension.

Different consequences losing to someone on TRT in non-combat sports.

I agree 100% with GSP. I especially like the idea of random testing for title fights at least.

Back