GSP: "'TRT is a joke and should have been banned a long time ago"

Charlie Sheen

Invisible Belt
@red
Reaction score
"It should have been done a long time ago. There's not another sports that accepts it. It's a joke. For our sport, I don't want to accuse individuals. Never once have I accused a person. I don't want to accuse the organization. The problem is the system. One of the reasons why I stopped (fighting) is I see a lot of (expletive) going on and I got tired of it. I tried to make things change and it didn't work. The guideline should be random testing, especially when you fight for a title. The guy that finished first in cycling, would have finished 40th 10 years ago. That's how much drugs help now. You lose a race in cycling, you lose your ego, you lose something financially. But if you lose a fight, not only do you lose financially and your ego, it can affect your well-being, you have cerebral damage and be really messed up. If the UFC does something, the other organizations will follow."

Source

My sentiments exactly. At least put an age restriction on it like about 38.

100% right
if you need TRT theres nothing wrong with it but dont fight

So GSP wants random testing?
Make it happen Dana!

Yup...TRT is a loophole to use a PED dose of testosterone...bottom line.

The whole VADA/WADA thing with Hendricks was laughable and really reflected poorly on Hendricks and the sport (with Dana pretty much saying "who cares" to the whole thing). Good on you GSP for standing up against it.

He right that's it's a joke imo but he's wrong when he says no other sport allows it. I think the UFC is the first "League" or promotion to ban it

Well said by the WW GOAT. Went out on top, and my feelings exactly regarding TRT.

UFC lost big time by pissing off GSP, he is one of the more intelligent well spoken human beings to ever compete in the sport

He right that's it's a joke imo but he's wrong when he says no other sport allows it. I think the UFC is the first "League" or promotion to ban it

Except, unless something happened i don't know about, the UFC didn't ban it at all

The athletic commissions did

Except, unless something happened i don't know about, the UFC didn't ban it at all

The athletic commissions did

The Nevada and Calfornia state athletic commissions have banned it. The UFC banned it after Nevada did

I agree. TRT has no place in professional sports.

What other sports actually allow TRT?

Oh GSP just come out and say it. This was partially directed at Hendricks. Accuses GSP of PEDs then backs down and makes excuses when Georges suggest and even offered to pay for testing for both guys.

"But if you lose a fight, not only do you lose financially and your ego, it can affect your well-being, you have cerebral damage and be really messed up. If the UFC does something, the other organizations will follow."

I'm retarded someone help me, what does losing and getting "cerebral" damage have to do with a TRT ban?

Back