GSP took the Bisping fight because a loss to Woodley would be bad for his legacy

Pretty obvious Bisping is the easier fight and worth much more to add to your legacy being a two division champ in your career.

Woodley's way too strong for GSP. For the first two rounds the only grappling GSP could get away with would be tying him up against the cage; he could land some takedowns but I don't think they'd last long. If the fight went longer two rounds I think GSP would probably win it. And that victory would be far more impressive than beating Bisping at middleweight. And I think Bisping's going to light him up.

I’m sure it was for the money more than anything else. For those who don’t remember, GSP is a huge ppv draw; while Woodley has been known to be boring.

Please stop, Woodley was wrestle fucked by Shields, Maia has shit TD's and his attempts we're novice at best.

You'd have to be an idiot by comparing Maia's TD's to GSP's.
Wrestle fucked by Shields? You mean the Shields that never took Woodley down?

Your legacy is what the fans think of you. GSP has already hurt his legacy by ducking Anderson during their prime years and now coming back because he thinks Bisping is easier pickings.

GSP has no business getting a MW title shot when he's never even fought in the weight class before. I doubt anyone believes GSP would be coming back to fight Rockhold or Weidman if they still held the title.

I think gsp matches up well with woodley

Yeah Woodley has good tdd but his only offense is the blitz overhand right. Thompson and lawler both backed away from the blitz which got them tagged. Gsp would duck under and shoot.

Exactly, if Woodley was afraid to engage with Maia because of the threat if that novice wrestler why the hell would he be more inclined to engage with the best wrestler to Grace the sport

Wrestle fucked by Shields? You mean the Shields that never took Woodley down?

you realize wrestling isn't only about takedowns right?

shields wrestle fucked woodley into a cage for 15 minutes.

He continued to train full time, without abusing his body going through full camps and fights. So, if he continued to train at Tri-Star, take care of his body, heal up injuries, and not kill himself making weight and fighting...logic would say yeah he probably got better.

Ah, he's the only person ever to be beaten out of a sport, then to get better despite inactivity.

Sure. That sounds right.

you realize wrestling isn't only about takedowns right?

shields wrestle fucked woodley into a cage for 15 minutes.
No he wasn't. You just assume that is how the fight went because Shields won.

GSP can always say i fought a man 15 lbs bigger if he loses to Bisping.

GSP has a better shot of beating Woodley than Bisping, but the Woodley fight is 50/50, with a loss likely being a Woodley KO, whereas the Bisping fight it's more like 40/60, with a more chance of a decision loss than a KO.

There a good chance Woodley can knock out GSP, which would look very bad.

GSP doesn't have the one strike to knock you down power of Wonderboy or the submissions of Maia. Woodley will not fight like this last couple of fights and will stuff takedowns and go for the knock out.
Maybe GSP took that fight because it was a bigger challenge don't you think ? Besides, Bisping called him out in first place for the up coming event in Canada which would had been great for both in terms of money.

I actually agree with this

Plus Bisping already admitted that GSP wrestlefucked him easily when they trained together, which is part of the reason GSP picked him as his opponent.

Woodley's god-tier TDD is bad news for a wrestling-oriented guy like GSP. (Yes I know GSP has a great jab, but the threat of being taken down makes it harder for opponents to strike)

But the most important thing is, even if GSP loses against Bisping, he will still be considered the GOAT Welterweight. If he loses to Woodley, then Woodley has a legitimate argument for being the GOAT WW himself.

GSP is a smart guy, he's well-aware of everything I just said, which is why he'd rather fight Bisping + Conor than Woodley.

No he wouldn't, beating GSP but not avenging any of his three loses, would mean he beat a rusty older GSP that came out of retirement.

Nobody considers Verdum or The Chris to be the greatest ever of their respective divisions.

"There is a good chance Woodley would knock GSP out"

nkjVUpN.gif

<YeahOKJen>

Lets be honest - we saw how he fought against Maia, and Wonderboy. GSP's not getting KO'd by Woodley.
...and furthermore will never, ever have goat status

Lmfao, Bisping is a far more threatening opponent than Tyron "dats raciss" Woodley.

After seeing how hard Rory Macdonald merked Woodley do we seriously think GSP would have any trouble whatsoever?<45>It'd be GSP's easiest fight since the very early 2000's.

Gsp just took the most winnable fight for him right now, we know he ain't gonna fight the likes of Romero,Weidman,Rockhold

if there was ever a chances for him to become MW champ now would be that time

Back