GSP took the Bisping fight because a loss to Woodley would be bad for his legacy

He has tons to prove at welterweight. He couldn't even prove that he could beat Hendricks half a decade ago, is he suddenly a much better fighter after hiding out from usada and real fighters this whole time?
Thats your take on it. He beat Hendricks, close but still won. Hendricks has been utter gash under USADA so make of that what you will. He defended the title consistently and took some time off for personal reasons.
I don't understand the doubt tbh, he proved he was the best and left as champion.

People keep making threads about gsp ducking Woodley and forget Woodley's 2 most embarrassing losses were against tri-star. Gsp makes light work of tyron the way Rory & nate did..

No- Gsp took the Bisping fight cause he's the weakest 185 champ ever and his chance to come back off a 4 year hiatus and make big pay day as he would have chance to become 2 weight champ.PERIOD.
IF
Rockhold
Mousasi
Romero
Weidman
Jacare

were champ, Gsp would stay retired or, possibly, go for a Conor at a bout at 165

Last edited:
He has tons to prove at welterweight. He couldn't even prove that he could beat Hendricks half a decade ago, is he suddenly a much better fighter after hiding out from usada and real fighters this whole time?

Cleared out the division three times. Avenged every loss. Broke every record in the division. Quit over lack of testing and disrespect. Did VADA for last fight unlike Hendricks who is shitty under USADA.

Fuck off

Last edited:
Gsp, even to revisionist retards that want to pretend that it wasn't one of the worst championship robberies ever, barely squeaked by Hendricks half a decade ago.

Seriously, do you think taking that long off has made him better? What was he cycling?

40% of Sherdog thought GSP won against a probably roiding Hendricks (totally shit under USADA)

Woodley can nullify his wrestling, and knock him out.

Beating Bisping is a walk in the park, I expect non-stop takedowns on this fight.

I actually agree with this

Plus Bisping already admitted that GSP wrestlefucked him easily when they trained together, which is part of the reason GSP picked him as his opponent.

Woodley's god-tier TDD is bad news for a wrestling-oriented guy like GSP. (Yes I know GSP has a great jab, but the threat of being taken down makes it harder for opponents to strike)

But the most important thing is, even if GSP loses against Bisping, he will still be considered the GOAT Welterweight. If he loses to Woodley, then Woodley has a legitimate argument for being the GOAT WW himself.

GSP is a smart guy, he's well-aware of everything I just said, which is why he'd rather fight Bisping + Conor than Woodley.

Please stop, Woodley was wrestle fucked by Shields, Maia has shit TD's and his attempts we're novice at best.

You'd have to be an idiot by comparing Maia's TD's to GSP's.

GSP can always say i fought a man 15 lbs bigger if he loses to Bisping.

GSP has a better shot of beating Woodley than Bisping, but the Woodley fight is 50/50, with a loss likely being a Woodley KO, whereas the Bisping fight it's more like 40/60, with a more chance of a decision loss than a KO.

There a good chance Woodley can knock out GSP, which would look very bad.

GSP doesn't have the one strike to knock you down power of Wonderboy or the submissions of Maia. Woodley will not fight like this last couple of fights and will stuff takedowns and go for the knock out.

... or maybe he took the bisping fight because a win over bisping will be good for his legacy.

He took Bisping because he likes technical battles.

Woodley is a dangerous striker.

Gsp, even to revisionist retards that want to pretend that it wasn't one of the worst championship robberies ever, barely squeaked by Hendricks half a decade ago.

Seriously, do you think taking that long off has made him better? What was he cycling?

Your a little late to the party, 1,3,5 went to GSP, majority of sherdog agree's this is the proper score.

GsP went through USADA esque testing for the fight while Johnny literally refused any type of extra testing besides the prefight urine test from NSAC, and still won rounds 1,3,5.

Gsp doesnt fight black people. There i said it.

GSP is fighting Bisping for 3 reasons - in order:

1. The biggest $$$ fight.
2. Bisping is the weakest 185 champ in many years
3. Chance to become champ and enhance his legacy and future $$$ should he win.

Somebody please pist gifs of GSP dropping Fitch, Alves, Hughes, Huron.

no he just wants to fight the true GOAT to see if he's really worthy of being considered one of the best

GSP can always say i fought a man 15 lbs bigger if he loses to Bisping.

GSP has a better shot of beating Woodley than Bisping, but the Woodley fight is 50/50, with a loss likely being a Woodley KO, whereas the Bisping fight it's more like 40/60, with a more chance of a decision loss than a KO.

There a good chance Woodley can knock out GSP, which would look very bad.

GSP doesn't have the one strike to knock you down power of Wonderboy or the submissions of Maia. Woodley will not fight like this last couple of fights and will stuff takedowns and go for the knock out.

GSP took the Bisping fight because of the stock market..

He continued to train full time, without abusing his body going through full camps and fights. So, if he continued to train at Tri-Star, take care of his body, heal up injuries, and not kill himself making weight and fighting...logic would say yeah he probably got better.

I think gsp matches up well with woodley

Yeah Woodley has good tdd but his only offense is the blitz overhand right. Thompson and lawler both backed away from the blitz which got them tagged. Gsp would duck under and shoot.

Back